Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/6/2016 2:29:10 PM EDT
WTF? why do these places feel safer thinking that the good guys who have a permit leave their gun in the car, while criminals walk right in.
Shame on these medical centers.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:31:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Some people and organizations simply think that guns are icky and they don't want them around.

They really don't trust the good guys with them either. Sheep think.

Yeah, It's completely stupid.
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Guess I'm  criminal then. I just ignore them unless its a building that is illegal to carry in. Even that is sometimes left up to my discretion. After all, concealed means CONCEALED!
Link Posted: 1/6/2016 3:58:02 PM EDT
[#3]
A lot more signs went up at Renown facilities and there is now quite a bit more visible uniformed security (unarmed) since the shooting at a Renown medical office two years ago:

http://www.kolotv.com/home/headlines/RPD-Report-Details-Renown-Campus-Shooting--284553821.html

Of course, all that those signs accomplish is an attempt to keep visitors and workers who respect those signs from carrying in Renown facilities.  Criminals aren't going to care and most people I know who carry concealed are probably not going to worry about the signs anyway.

Just a PC knee jerk response to a tragic event.
Link Posted: 1/17/2016 3:24:15 PM EDT
[#4]
The building I work in has a Renown office in one of the suites. They put a sign up on the front after the shooting. But...it's just a sign.
Link Posted: 1/18/2016 2:02:17 PM EDT
[#5]
What do you expect from SEIU commies?

Link Posted: 1/18/2016 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Pretty standard for medical facilities even before everyone was talking about mass shootings.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:18:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Actually they have armed security at all the entrances.  It is a good thing.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 3:19:07 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 4:20:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

When did that happen? Don't think I've ever seen armed security at renown but I haven't been in a while.
Link Posted: 1/24/2016 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

When did that happen? Don't think I've ever seen armed security at renown but I haven't been in a while.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've only seen it at the emergency room entrance.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top