Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/5/2016 9:27:54 PM EDT
id been looking for a sig p226 for a few weeks and ran across a gun broker sales store locally called discount gun source on fort apache. I sent an email to the owner making sure they had what i wanted in stock and made an appointment ( its an appointment only store, first time id seen this) the price was substantially lower than anything id seen anywhere else so I picked it up, its an odd store since its desks in front and a back room with firearms but the staff where friendly and easy going. not much for a browsing store but very good prices. if your looking for something specific its a good place to hit up.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 5:36:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought my Sig P938 from them. It is a unique store but the Husband and Wife owners are very nice and courteous. The only advertising they do is on Backpage. I was very happy with my experience. As was stated by the op, they are appointment only.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 6:27:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Ive been there twice. Good prices.

I'll go there again.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 12:44:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:00:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I'm thinking of getting the 938...what's your opinion of it since you own it?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I bought my Sig P938 from them. It is a unique store but the Husband and Wife owners are very nice and courteous. The only advertising they do is on Backpage. I was very happy with my experience. As was stated by the op, they are appointment only.

I'll jump in
I've had one for a few years, it's a bad ass little gun. Fits in your front pocket and always goes bang. You'd have to decide on what condition to carry it in though. The hammer is small, the whole gun is small.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:03:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'll jump in
I've had one for a few years, it's a bad ass little gun. Fits in your front pocket and always goes bang. You'd have to decide on what condition to carry it in though. The hammer is small, the whole gun is small.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll jump in

I saw yours, G.

It's a sweet little gun.

WP, as stated previously you have to decide on carry condition.

If it were me I would carry it as a first BUG.

I would FO.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 1:23:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:21:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Back up gun?

I need a gun to carry for work...I was looking at a G43 but this Sig has me looking

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not up on my acronyms....what is BUG?

Back up gun?

I need a gun to carry for work...I was looking at a G43 but this Sig has me looking

That G43 is sweet too, Simple dont pull the Glocksaftey trigger, the 938 is a single stage so I don't think it's wise to carry in pocket with the safety off, but if you need it don't forget the safety!
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 2:57:09 PM EDT
[#9]
I love it. Great carry gun, very easy to conceal. Apparently the early models don't like 115gr. But the issue was fixed on newer models. I carry condition one in my alien Gear 2.0 and it's damn near invisible.

edt:

I have the Rosewood, but really want an Extreme or Scorpion. If anyone has one of those and wants to do a straight trade I'd be willing.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 3:00:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Back up gun?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm not up on my acronyms....what is BUG?

Back up gun?

I guess I should have asked what your intentions were.

You know that I prefer a full-size handgun for EDC, that's why I mentioned carrying the SIG as a BUG.

I guess a smaller gun would work for you considering what you do for a living.

Link Posted: 1/9/2016 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Interested in any other opinions, thinking about a 938 for my wife.
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 10:57:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

G43
Link Posted: 1/9/2016 11:09:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would seriously consider the operating system of the 938 before having your wife choose it for EDC.

I would suggest a P239 or a S&W 3913 (Lady Smith). They are not as small as the 938, but they are DA/SA and easier to operate under stress.

I've seen too many of my students (who don't practice with SAO handguns) fumble under stress burning valuable seconds of reaction time.

Just thought I would mention that.

-Joe

Link Posted: 1/10/2016 8:14:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I would seriously consider the operating system of the 938 before having your wife choose it for EDC.

I would suggest a P239 or a S&W 3913 (Lady Smith). They are not as small as the 938, but they are DA/SA and easier to operate under stress.

I've seen too many of my students (who don't practice with SAO handguns) fumble under stress burning valuable seconds of reaction time.

-Joe

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Joe

Thank you, I will defiantly take that into consideration.
Link Posted: 1/10/2016 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

-Joe

Glad I could offer some personal experience.

If you want to discuss it further, please PM me for my number.

-Joe
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 12:09:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Maybe even consider Kahr pistols. They get a lot of hate on here sometimes but mines always worked. The trigger pull is like a double action revolver. They are small and flat. It would be awfully difficult to have a negligent/accidental discharge with but they are tougher to shoot accurately with. Check out the Kahr forum and read around.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Maybe even consider Kahr pistols. They get a lot of hate on here sometimes but mines always worked. The trigger pull is like a double action revolver. They are small and flat. It would be awfully difficult to have a negligent/accidental discharge with but they are tougher to shoot accurately with. Check out the Kahr forum and read around.
View Quote

Freaking out of state lurkers.
Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:34:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know.

Right?

Link Posted: 1/11/2016 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Hey, you too can go to your profile and change your location  to anything you want. You can be as vague as USA, or any country and flag you like.
Link Posted: 1/12/2016 1:20:19 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Hey, you too can go to your profile and change your location  to anything you want. You can be as vague as USA, or any country and flag you like.
View Quote

Yea, but you actually live there!

You left us Nevadans for greener pastures so your location is legit.

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 10:07:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I have two 938s… one is my back up the other is my wifes carry. personally I love it.. its a solid little shooter. smallest 9mm Ive owned. the only gun second to it for conceal and accuracy is my walther ccp.  my ONLY dislike is the grip. but thats nothing due to the gun but more due to my missing half my thumb.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:02:44 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

That is a terrible idea.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:29:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

That is a terrible idea.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a terrible idea.

Says Mr. Incognito!

Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:34:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Says Mr. Incognito!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a terrible idea.

Says Mr. Incognito!

There used to be a guy with a similar avitar pic and join date, but he ain't been around for awhile.
Link Posted: 1/23/2016 11:38:50 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

There used to be a guy with a similar avitar pic and join date, but he ain't been around for awhile.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is a terrible idea.

Says Mr. Incognito!

I think I remember him.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top