Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2015 12:53:46 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/12/2015 4:04:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 12:08:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep. Shitbags everywhere.   But to be fair, NLV earned the reputation years ago when parts of this town were still decent.

It is fun to listen to the scummerin residents whine about squatters.  

Of course I live in west Shitbag-A-Stan - 89103.  Cameras, fences, steel doors, dogs...  life in the hood.  In 1980 this was a nice place to live.  It is paid off, and I hate to think of moving
Link Posted: 11/13/2015 7:16:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/14/2015 6:08:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:10:46 PM EDT
[#5]
What's the best solution to the back yard sliding glass door entry?
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 1:37:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/16/2015 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Rottweiler, Akita, Great Dane...any dog over 75 piunds.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the best solution to the back yard sliding glass door entry?

Rottweiler, Akita, Great Dane...any dog over 75 piunds.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

All good answers!

Anyone put up bars?
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 5:45:18 PM EDT
[#8]
I live near Ft. Apache/Gowan for 18 yrs. About the last 10 months, my area has suddenly been flooded with a different type of homeowner. I dont know what has changed, but it's been sudden and drastic.
Link Posted: 11/18/2015 11:42:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Oh my God!

Is this what we call helping today?

This man did nothing to help his neighbor. He runs to the scene to video the robbers? Then politely answers that he doesn't know where the robber's keys are...

He asks the dog not to attack...

Why not come out of the home armed? Why not stop them at gun point? Why not disable the SUV so they can't get away?

Further more, why does the reporter in this internet article say that this man thwarted a robbery. He didn't thwart at thing. He only video recorded the robbery. The victims posted that they were robbed.

I don't know. Where is our high resolve? Where is our moral high ground? Are the most of us unarmed and unwilling?

I don't know...

I think, I expect bad people to do bad things, so the robbery doesn't surprise me. But when good people only look on and think the phone will act like a magic wand and somehow stop a bad act, that makes me sick in the stomach.

Am I the only one that feels that way?
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:31:31 AM EDT
[#10]
The odds were against him. A gun is good, but he has not option to even use it.

He did a great job recording it. Over 1 million views. That is a ton of air time. The video is what made this something great and helped link them to the other crimes.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:35:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:40:05 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh my God!

This man did nothing to help his neighbor. He runs to the scene to video the robbers? Then politely answers that he doesn't know where the robber's keys are...

Why not come out of the home armed? Why not stop them at gun point? Why not disable the SUV so they can't get away?

Further more, why does the reporter in this internet article say that this man thwarted a robbery. He didn't thwart at thing. He only video recorded the robbery. The victims posted that they were robbed.

I don't know. Where is our high resolve? Where is our moral high ground? Are the most of us unarmed and unwilling?

I don't know...

I think, I expect bad people to do bad things, so the robbery doesn't surprise me. But when good people only look on and think the phone will act like a magic wand and somehow stop a bad act, that makes me sick in the stomach.

View Quote

The neighbor was armed and had his gun out and visible in his other hand. The burglary suspects were fleeing and he was outnumbered.

The Tahoe had tinted windows and one suspect was in the back where he could have had a handgun or an AK and shot the neighbor through the window.

What would you have done? Turn your gun into a bullet hose and create a three-on-one shootout in the middle of a residential neighborhood at 10:30 in the morning?

It's easy to Monday morning QB these incidents, but unless you were in that position all you have is an opinion.

Just an observation.
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 12:51:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 11/19/2015 11:30:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

The neighbor was armed and had his gun out and visible in his other hand. The burglary suspects were fleeing and he was outnumbered.

The Tahoe had tinted windows and one suspect was in the back where he could have had a handgun or an AK and shot the neighbor through the window.

What would you have done? Turn your gun into a bullet hose and create a three-on-one shootout in the middle of a residential neighborhood at 10:30 in the morning?

It's easy to Monday morning QB these incidents, but unless you were in that position all you have is an opinion.

Just an observation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh my God!

I don't know...

Just an observation.

I've already offered my suggestions.

I guess I'm the anomaly.

Hero he is then! Number of views determined such.

Carry on...
Link Posted: 11/20/2015 4:37:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I guess I'm the anomaly.

Carry on...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh my God!

I don't know...

Just an observation.

I guess I'm the anomaly.

Carry on...

First,  if you offered any suggestions I must have missed them.

Second, it was a burglary and not a robbery (there is a difference).

Third, he most likely did thwart the burglary because of his presence (the first level of the Force Continuum). Why escalate it from there if that alone is working, especially when you have three possibly armed suspects behind cover and you are out in the open?

And finally, I see that you have a silver pistol. What kind of firearms training courses do you conduct? Do you instruct CCW courses?

I'm curious.

Thanks,

-Joe

Link Posted: 11/22/2015 4:59:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Did they find these guys?
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 7:10:57 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 11/22/2015 10:16:22 PM EDT
[#18]
It isn't a county issue. It is a state issue. Property crimes get 2 for 1, for time being served. Never mind judges are highly pressured not to issue strict sentences. Then there is the plea bargain process.
Link Posted: 11/23/2015 12:40:20 AM EDT
[#19]
Those guys are back in Compton.

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 12:18:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He asks the dog not to attack... If his dog were an attack dog that could be a good way to keep them from entering the SUV and send them a foot.

Why not come out of the home armed? It wasn't apparent in that video that he was armed. so... Why not stop them at gun point? Why not disable the SUV so they can't get away? If he feared firing at the SUV to disable it he could have slit two of the tires and again sent them on foot.

My observations are mine alone and they are offered in hind sight. I don't pretend that I would have done better. I honestly don't know what I would do if confronted with a similar situation until that situation happens. Lets get that clear. But where I take umbrage is in considering him a hero.

Again, in the midst of that situation who would know that?

Third, he most likely did thwart the burglary because of his presence (the first level of the Force Continuum). Why escalate it from there if that alone is working, especially when you have three possibly armed suspects behind cover and you are out in the open?

Have they been apprehended? If not, I don't see the act a being successful. Neither do I consider 10000000 view video as heroic or having thwarted the crime.

I might be missing something. If so, I willing to hear it out.

And finally, I see that you have a silver pistol. What kind of firearms training courses do you conduct? Do you instruct CCW courses?

My instructor / mentor was Michael Harries. Inventor of the Harries Flashlight Technique before he passed away. I also have a Marksmans 1 from Gunsite. While there I worked with one of the more popular instructors. (I'm trying not to drop names). So I basically, pass on the Gunsite principles mixed with some personal insight and some of Michaels trade secrets.

Then I also do disarm and retention clinics.

No, I don't certify students. But if you want to know more I have a website is www.sparksdojo.com

Also, I feel that political correctness has infected our society so much that people fear what might happen to them in the court of public opinion. I think this also lends to that "paralysis of analysis" effect when people fear all sorts of things that haven't even happened. Like there might have been an AK47 wielder. Well, how far is one to take that thought. An extreme might be: "there might have been 5 other guys in the SUV armed with BAR's". Well if thats the case we might all just stay in the house and not respond to the call of duty in the first place. If that be ones thought, then please don't complain about the state of affairs...

Rant over.

I'm curious.

Thanks,

-Joe

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh my God!

I don't know...

Just an observation.

I guess I'm the anomaly.

Carry on...

He asks the dog not to attack... If his dog were an attack dog that could be a good way to keep them from entering the SUV and send them a foot.

Why not come out of the home armed? It wasn't apparent in that video that he was armed. so... Why not stop them at gun point? Why not disable the SUV so they can't get away? If he feared firing at the SUV to disable it he could have slit two of the tires and again sent them on foot.

My observations are mine alone and they are offered in hind sight. I don't pretend that I would have done better. I honestly don't know what I would do if confronted with a similar situation until that situation happens. Lets get that clear. But where I take umbrage is in considering him a hero.

Have they been apprehended? If not, I don't see the act a being successful. Neither do I consider 10000000 view video as heroic or having thwarted the crime.

My instructor / mentor was Michael Harries. Inventor of the Harries Flashlight Technique before he passed away. I also have a Marksmans 1 from Gunsite. While there I worked with one of the more popular instructors. (I'm trying not to drop names). So I basically, pass on the Gunsite principles mixed with some personal insight and some of Michaels trade secrets.

No, I don't certify students. But if you want to know more I have a website is www.sparksdojo.com

Also, I feel that political correctness has infected our society so much that people fear what might happen to them in the court of public opinion. I think this also lends to that "paralysis of analysis" effect when people fear all sorts of things that haven't even happened. Like there might have been an AK47 wielder. Well, how far is one to take that thought. An extreme might be: "there might have been 5 other guys in the SUV armed with BAR's". Well if thats the case we might all just stay in the house and not respond to the call of duty in the first place. If that be ones thought, then please don't complain about the state of affairs...

Rant over.

I'm curious.

Thanks,

-Joe

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 1:24:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh my God!

I don't know...

Just an observation.

I guess I'm the anomaly.

Carry on...

Rant over.

I'm curious.

Thanks,

-Joe

Yikes!

Link Posted: 11/24/2015 11:04:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:37:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Inquiring minds what to know:

Is there any intel as to whether these guys have been apprehended?

Link Posted: 11/26/2015 11:57:19 AM EDT
[#24]
FYI.  I live just above this off of Lake Mead and Snow Trail.  Las Friday, my truck and five others were all broken in to.  All in the same night.  Very professional they used dremel tools to perfectly cut out the window.  I live in a gated community.
Link Posted: 11/26/2015 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
FYI.  I live just above this off of Lake Mead and Snow Trail.  Las Friday, my truck and five others were all broken in to.  All in the same night.  Very professional they used dremel tools to perfectly cut out the window.  I live in a gated community.
View Quote

It is getting worse I the NW area. Lots of pros moving in. We live in a gated community also but homes are all on 1/2 acre or more which helps not attract too many walkers.

So far we garage all of the cars, added security doors to all entrances, added cameras, and security system. Looking into either security window film or rolladen(sp?) rolling shutters.

How is the 4Runner?  My wife still loves the product your wife made.
Link Posted: 11/27/2015 11:13:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

It is getting worse I the NW area. Lots of pros moving in. We live in a gated community also but homes are all on 1/2 acre or more which helps not attract too many walkers.

So far we garage all of the cars, added security doors to all entrances, added cameras, and security system. Looking into either security window film or rolladen(sp?) rolling shutters.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shutters are a waste of money. Why break in through those when a sawz-all will cut through the stucco, plywood and drywall just as fast as busting in a window?
Unless your house is made of brick, metal, or concrete it's not worth the investment.
Link Posted: 11/28/2015 7:55:55 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

4Runner is great, runs likes a champ.  May sell soon really need a truck to tow with.
Link Posted: 11/29/2015 3:10:58 PM EDT
[#28]
I recently picked up a new tundra. Should have lift, bumpers, and winch on soon.

When I purchased it I got it down to 39000 from the 44000 sticker. I also did 0% for 48 months that Toyota was running. You looking to stay with Toyota or go to another brand?

Quoted:

4Runner is great, runs likes a champ.  May sell soon really need a truck to tow with.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/29/2015 7:45:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I recently picked up a new tundra. Should have lift, bumpers, and winch on soon.

When I purchased it I got it down to 39000 from the 44000 sticker. I also did 0% for 48 months that Toyota was running. You looking to stay with Toyota or go to another brand?

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a 2008 Tundra and it's been great.

I did however just receive a Safety Notice (not a recall) regarding the spare tire carrier.

The notice is for 2007's to 2014's.

Here's a Link I posted in GD.

-Joe
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 7:06:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Accused burglary suspect's SUV, video led police to him

Metro Police arrested Aaron Lair, one of four suspects in a home burglary near Lake Mead Boulevard and Rampart Boulevard.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 7:26:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 9:17:19 PM EDT
[#32]
revolving doors gonna revolve.
Link Posted: 12/12/2015 11:06:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Vegas, you dudes need to take back your damned city. It's too cool to let this garbage take over, and they ARE. I'm coming out there and will be glad to help deter the riff or raff.
Link Posted: 12/14/2015 7:38:44 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's an understatement. Apparently this dirtbag committed this most recent break-in while running around out on bail from a previous home burglary crime he did back in April. And he has already done prison time for a previous burglary in 2011, yet here he is, free as a bird now to continue victimizing other people. So tired of this nonsense.

from the linked article...

The 8 News NOW I-Team discovered Lair has a criminal past and was free on bail for another home burglary, home invasion case that was filed back in April when the latest crime was committed.  The Nevada Department of Corrections website shows he did prison time about three years ago for a home invasion and robbery case from 2011.
Link Posted: 12/15/2015 2:38:40 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Accused burglary suspect's SUV, video led police to him

Metro Police arrested Aaron Lair, one of four suspects in a home burglary near Lake Mead Boulevard and Rampart Boulevard.
View Quote

That Fucker just can't keep his hands off of other people's stuff, off with his thumbs.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top