Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/20/2015 11:51:58 AM EDT
Not too long ago I THINK I remember the law requiring FFL to FFL transfer of out of state gun buys was declared unconstitutional.  Am I remembering correctly?  If so, where does it stand now?  Can I simply go buy whatever I want from a fun store in a different state without dealing with the FFL to FFL transfer B.S.?
Link Posted: 8/20/2015 4:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Not too long ago I THINK I remember the law requiring FFL to FFL transfer of out of state gun buys was declared unconstitutional.  Am I remembering correctly?  If so, where does it stand now?  Can I simply go buy whatever I want from a fun store in a different state without dealing with the FFL to FFL transfer B.S.?
View Quote

Handguns still have to be transferred to a dealer in your state of residence. Buying in California is its own ordeal.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:25:07 AM EDT
[#2]
This is what you are thinking of:

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2015/02/foghorn/breaking-federal-judge-declares-interstate-handgun-transfer-ban-unconstitutional/

As an FFL, I have been given no new guidance that anything has changed in ATF regulations yet that is affected by this ruling.  I hope it will soon though.
Link Posted: 8/21/2015 12:28:23 PM EDT
[#3]
5th circuit case will only cover those states. If there is a challenge, then the enforcement of the ruling is often held.

Link Posted: 8/22/2015 1:42:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/24/2015 8:39:49 PM EDT
[#5]
You can buy a long gun (rifle / shotgun) from a dealer in any state (except CA and except if you hold a Cali DL).  Handguns and receivers are still a no go.
Link Posted: 8/27/2015 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#6]
I talked to an attorney at the ATF shortly after the decision. His response was that the ATF did not intend to do anything differently until they were told to.
Link Posted: 8/28/2015 12:58:34 PM EDT
[#7]
But hey, the Seventh Circuit just ruled that all 2A rights now apply to illegal aliens!

So once again it's the legal citizen who is at a disadvantage in our own country.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top