Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/23/2015 1:17:36 PM EDT
Buying our first home in the Henderson area. Any agent recommendations?
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 7:03:20 PM EDT
[#1]
i think i have farmers but i just went with whatever the mortgage lady at the bank told me.

I know some have better policies regarding guns. I think state farm fucks you on guns GD would be good to ask, these are all nationwide chains
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 10:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The same one you use for auto. The discount should remove the cost of the homeowner's policy.
Link Posted: 7/24/2015 6:53:41 PM EDT
[#3]
When I bought a house in reno i went to Farmers. We arranged everything and I thought it was handled. One day before closing they informed me that they would not insure me but I would be able to get insurance through their other company for the bargain price of triple the farmers quote. Needless to say I was very busy that day. A few years later I was talked into trying them again. An inspector showed up at our house and soon after, we recieved a letter canceling our farmers policy but for the bargain price of triple the farmers rate we could have  coverage through their other company. I've also had coverage twice through travelers with one claim which was closely managed. Not a bad thing, just saying. I'd use them again but currently with aaa.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:28:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Farmers, Cindy Yenkowski. Great agent, very personable and always seems to be available.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 3:30:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
When I bought a house in reno i went to Farmers. We arranged everything and I thought it was handled. One day before closing they informed me that they would not insure me but I would be able to get insurance through their other company for the bargain price of triple the farmers quote. Needless to say I was very busy that day. A few years later I was talked into trying them again. An inspector showed up at our house and soon after, we recieved a letter canceling our farmers policy but for the bargain price of triple the farmers rate we could have  coverage through their other company. I've also had coverage twice through travelers with one claim which was closely managed. Not a bad thing, just saying. I'd use them again but currently with aaa.
View Quote

Just curious, what was the reason they cancelled you? I had some issues in Reno because of oil heating.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 11:18:05 AM EDT
[#6]
USAA if you qualify.  Always had good luck with them.
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 12:49:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 1:56:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll start with geico since that's my car insurance
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:25:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 6:27:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Check out the rates at ANPAC.  Good rates plus a 30% rebate if you go 3 years without a claim.  Applies to both auto and home.

ANPAC
Link Posted: 7/27/2015 9:46:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
USAA if you qualify.  Always had good luck with them.
View Quote

This^^^^

For the most part I have found it hard to find anyone who can beat them for just about anything.
Link Posted: 7/31/2015 1:10:27 AM EDT
[#12]
The first time they canceled , I have no idea. The second time I think they didnt like the shake roof. Neither house had oil heat.

Quoted:
I'll start with geico since that's my car insurance
View Quote

The second time  I was with travelers was when I called geico and they acted as the agent for them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top