Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2015 8:54:19 PM EDT
Is there any way to check a serial number on a firearm when doing a FTF transaction? I would very much like to do my due diligence to make sure any firearm I purchase isn't stolen. Is there a Metro line to call to check? Or any course of action to take? Fairly new to the trade/sell/barter groups and want to make sure I'm on the straight and narrow. Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 8:22:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I once called 311 and asked if they would run the serials and was told yes.  Unfortunately, the deal that day fell through, so I never got to try it out myself.
Link Posted: 7/20/2015 10:57:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Cool. Yeah didn't know if 311 was the number to call. I used to just do the blue card check but since they did away with it (of which I am very happy about) I just didn't know of another way to check.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 3:09:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Hmmmm....  We used to be able to call into metro when buying used guns to run the serials but they had us stop a few years back.

I may try the 311 thing and see if they'll run them for us.  From what I understood they weren't doing that any longer, but they may have started again.
Link Posted: 7/22/2015 5:10:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hmmmm....  We used to be able to call into metro when buying used guns to run the serials but they had us stop a few years back.

I may try the 311 thing and see if they'll run them for us.  From what I understood they weren't doing that any longer, but they may have started again.
View Quote

Let us know what you find.
Link Posted: 7/23/2015 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#5]
You could try www.hotgunz.com but for the most part I've never worried about it.  The State doesn't require background checks, contracts, bills of sale or anything else.  You could meet at Metro if you wanted to and maybe they could run it there or a gun shop.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top