Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/8/2015 12:17:48 PM EDT
Was told that something was passed and autos are or are soon to be legal as well as butterfly knives. Can anyone confirm?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 4:48:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes.

Here is the billclicky linky

Now, here is some bad news. If you CCW a pneumatic gun (airsoft, bb, pellet), it is now a felony. If you CCW a normal firearm, it is now reduced to a misdemeanor. Yep.... so real guns have the same weight as a speeding ticket, but a bb gun is a felony.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:33:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yes.

Here is the billclicky linky

Now, here is some bad news. If you CCW a pneumatic gun (airsoft, bb, pellet), it is now a felony. If you CCW a normal firearm, it is now reduced to a misdemeanor. Yep.... so real guns have the same weight as a speeding ticket, but a bb gun is a felony.
View Quote

Brilliant!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#3]
On a serious note though, the auto knives are only permissible at the state level right? So clark county can say no auto knives and they are still a no go, correct?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 6:21:04 PM EDT
[#4]
So help me out cause I'm stupid.

That almost reads like it's ok to concealed carry a switchblade, dirk, dagger, and belt buckle knife. Or is it saying you can now get a permit to carry those things???

Are butterfly knives good? Didn't see them mentioned anywhere but was pretty sure Nevada had something against them. Maybe it was that they were considered a switchblade??
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:13:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
On a serious note though, the auto knives are only permissible at the state level right? So clark county can say no auto knives and they are still a no go, correct?
View Quote

State pre-emption that passed in early June takes care of this. Clark County can not pass laws that conflict with the state. It's the reason the blue card burning party is happening
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:20:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

State pre-emption that passed in early June takes care of this. Clark County can not pass laws that conflict with the state. It's the reason the blue card burning party is happening
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was my understanding that pre-emption was removed from the knife law(SB176) so city/county laws COULD override state. Is their some coverall state pre-emption law that took effect in June?

In my case, living in Clark county, I can now own autos but cannot carry them... at least that's how I understand the new state law and the existing Clark county law.
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#8]
I combed through the laws pretty thouroughly as well as emailed the sherrifs office.

The premption part was removed so clark county laws still stand. Greater than 3 inch blades concealed is still illegal. Autos and such are defined as dangerous and deadly weapons via clark county law but that does not prohibit their possession unless you are loitering fighting or on school property.

Here is a listing of las vegas municipal code these are the only laws i can find in vegas regarding knives as you can see there is nothing prohibiting possession or even concealed carry unless you are loitering fighting or engaged in disorderly conduct. here is a link to where i copied the text from https://www.municode.com/library/nv/las_vegas/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT10PUPEMOWE_DIVIXWE

10.70.010 - Defined.
"Dangerous or deadly weapons" includes, but it not limited to:

(A)
Any dirk or dagger;
(B)
Any knife with a blade three inches or more in length;
(C)
Any snap-blade or spring-blade knife, regardless of length of the blade;
(D)
Any ice pick or similar sharp stabbing tool;
(E)
Any straightedge razor or any razor blade fitted to a handle;
(F)
Any dangerous or deadly weapon within the meaning of any law of this State restricting the use thereof; and
(G)
Any cutting, stabbing or bludgeoning weapon or device capable of inflicting grievous bodily harm; and
(H)
Any firearm, as defined in Section 10.66.010, other than one carried pursuant to a valid permit issued by a duly authorized governmental authority or an ordinary rifle or shotgun lawfully carried for purposes of hunting or other lawful sport. The permit requirement does not apply to:
(1)
A person who has not been a resident of the City for at least sixty days; or
(2)
A firearm during the seventy-two hour period within which a person is allowed to register that firearm under Section 10.66.040
(Ord. 5976 § 5, 2008: 1949 code Ch. 38 § 4; prior code § 6-3-4)

10.70.020 - Loitering while carrying concealed.
(A)
It is unlawful for any person, while carrying concealed upon his person any dangerous or deadly weapon to loaf or loiter upon any public street, sidewalk or alley or to wander about from place to place with no lawful business thereby to perform, or to hide, lurk or loiter upon or about the premises of another.
(B)
It shall be unlawful for any person who has concealed upon his person any dangerous or deadly weapon to loiter about any place where intoxicating liquors are sold or any other place of public resort.
(1949 code Ch. 38 § 5: prior code § 6-3-5)

10.70.030 - Fighting or disorderly conduct while possessing.
It shall be unlawful for any person who has concealed upon his person or who has in his immediate physical possession any dangerous or deadly weapon to engage in any fight or to participate in any other rough or disorderly conduct upon any public place or way or upon the premises of another.
View Quote

here is a complete listing of laws for clark county regarding knives.

there is only one and this is where the 3" concealed law comes from https://library.municode.com/index.aspx?clientId=16214&stateId=28&stateName=Nevada

12.04.180 Concealed weapons prohibited without permit.permanent link to this piece of content
It is unlawful, within the unincorporated area of Clark County, for any person to carry upon his person a concealed weapon of any description, including a knife with a blade of three inches or more, a gun, pistol, revolver or other firearm, capable of being concealed, without first having received written permission therefor from the sheriff.
View Quote

state law is what prohibits knives on school property
you can search through those here https://www.leg.state.nv.us/NRS/NRS-202.html although the site hasn't been updated yet
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#9]

I just replaced my Benchmade 750 SBT Pinnacle (bottom), that I've carried for the last 15 years, with a couple of ProTech autos.  
The big one on top is a ProTech Rockeye Auto designed by Les George.  The blade is 3.4" long drop point, with a nice deep belly made with CPM-D2 steel.  The handle is 6061-T6 aluminum which really helps to keep the weight down.  Its got a great feel in the palm and is a super smooth opener that doesn't try to jump out of your hand when you hit the button.
The smaller auto is a ProTech Sprint with carbon fiber inlay.  Its got a 1.95" DLC black blade made with S35VN stainless steel.  I'll carry this one primarily when wearing dress clothes or heading over the border into California where the sub 2" blade is legal.  
I'm pretty ecstatic with the change in the law...it opens up a whole new area of knife collecting for me that consists of knives that I can use and carry on a daily basis rather than just a neat toy to take up space in the safe.  

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:29:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
So the 3" blade.bs is gone?

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Geez, I hope so. I didn't realize that my EDC Kershaw Blur made me a criminal.

Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope...you're still a criminal in Clark county.  
You should learn to revel in your lawlessness.  I recommend getting 1% patches for all your suit jackets.  
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:37:23 PM EDT
[#12]
When I get a suit jacket, I'll get right on that!
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:39:24 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You should learn to revel in your lawlessness.  I recommend getting 1% patches for all your suit jackets.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

correct you are still a criminal I edited my post above to include the laws still in effect
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:48:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Ok, color me stupid. That means I can't carry my beloved EDC on The Strip (that I never go to anyway) and a few neighborhoods within Clark County?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 10:54:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Ok, color me stupid. That means I can't carry my beloved EDC on The Strip (that I never go to anyway) and a few neighborhoods within Clark County?
View Quote

3" law covers all of clark county

my edc is 3.5 inches i keep it clipped in my pocket with the clip on the outside. so it is arguably open carried. of the couple of times i have been pulled over and asked if I had anything Illegal I told them "I have i knife clipped on my pocket but i don't think thats illegal" they said "I do not care about that." YMMV
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:33:29 PM EDT
[#16]
So are butterfly knives good to go?

Can I now conceal a fixed blade or am I reading that wrong?
Link Posted: 7/8/2015 11:35:58 PM EDT
[#17]
The 'unincorporated' part was what made me wonder. But yeah, my clip is readily visible outside my pocket. And although I haven't been pulled over in 20+ years, I would let the officer know I had it. Not too worried about it, in actuality.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:58:44 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

Disclaimer  ***I am not a lawyer, nor have I ever played one on TV***

In the legislation linked above:
Butterfly knives are only mentioned in the subsection pertaining to weapons on school grounds along with other terrifying ninja weapons like throwing stars and nunchakas.  
Even then they are only defined as a "dangerous weapon" when it "is used, or threatened to be used, in such a manner and under such circumstances as to pose a threat of, or cause, bodily injury to a person".
I'm of the belief that butterfly knives are good to go for carry based upon this legislation.

With the removal of the "dirk, dagger, or switchblade knife" section, fixed blade knives should also be good to go for concealed carry.
Here is the explanation in the Legislative Counsel's Digest section...
"Under existing law, it is a crime for a person to carry certain dangerous or deadly weapons in a concealed manner unless the person has a permit to do so. (NRS 202.350) Section 2 removes dirks, daggers and knives which are made an integral part of a belt buckle from the list of weapons for which such a permit is required."

I'm looking at the Spyderco Street Beat for a nice little self defense fixed blade...

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:05:00 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

I dont think butterfly knives fall under any statute and if they did it would have been switchblades which are good to go now.

You were always able to conceal a fixed blade knife but within clark county it must have a blade less than 3 inches.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:19:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I dont think butterfly knives fall under any statute and if they did it would have been switchblades which are good to go now.

You were always able to conceal a fixed blade knife but within clark county it must have a blade less than 3 inches.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't that be a dirk or dagger and specifically needing a permit before this legislation??
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:37:12 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Butterfly knives are only mentioned in the subsection pertaining to weapons on school grounds along with other terrifying ninja weapons like throwing stars and nunchakas.  
Even then they are only defined as a "dangerous weapon" when it "is used, or threatened to be used, in such a manner and under such circumstances as to pose a threat of, or cause, bodily injury to a person".
I'm of the belief that butterfly knives are good to go for carry based upon this legislation.

With the removal of the "dirk, dagger, or switchblade knife" section, fixed blade knives should also be good to go for concealed carry.
"Under existing law, it is a crime for a person to carry certain dangerous or deadly weapons in a concealed manner unless the person has a permit to do so. (NRS 202.350) Section 2 removes dirks, daggers and knives which are made an integral part of a belt buckle from the list of weapons for which such a permit is required."

I'm looking at the Spyderco Street Beat for a nice little self defense fixed blade...

http://www.thespydercostore.com/product_images/t/639/FB15P_Both__57288.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.thespydercostore.com/product_images/t/639/FB15P_Both__57288.jpg

I have seen those spydercos before and they are slick. I have several fixed blades I would like to be able to carry. Even a boker bud nealy system. I really just want to be able to carry whatever I want. Including my microtech butterfly
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:37:13 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wouldn't that be a dirk or dagger and specifically needing a permit before this legislation??
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would have had to have the guards
. A dagger was defined in 1987, by the Nevada Supreme Court, in Huebner v. State, as a short weapon used for thrusting and stabbing and a dirk as a long straight-bladed dagger. When determining if a weapon is a dirk or a dagger, the Court in Bradvica v. State, said that one must look at whether the knife has hand guards and a blade that locks in place. The Bradvica Court found that a steak knife was not a dirk or dagger because it was not primarily designed as a weapon and did not have hand guards to keep a person from cutting themselves if using the knife to stab.
http://www.knifeup.com/nevada-knife-laws/
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 2:17:25 AM EDT
[#23]
So a Bowie knife is not a dirk or dagger.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:57:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So a Bowie knife is not a dirk or dagger.
View Quote

Don't most have guards?
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 7:58:25 AM EDT
[#25]
Thank goodness pot needles are still illegal.

Link Posted: 7/9/2015 9:05:52 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 10:57:45 AM EDT
[#27]
Las Vegas, Henderson - not legal.

June 2, 2015: Knife Rights' Nevada Knife Law Reform Bill, SB 176, was signed by Governor Sandoval on June 1st. This act repeals existing bans on switchblade knives (longer than 2-inches), dirks, daggers and belt buckle knives and becomes effective on July 1, 2015.

Unfortunately, because preemption was dropped from the bill, citizens and travelers will still have to be wary of local regulations more restrictive than the new state law.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 11:36:43 AM EDT
[#28]
I should have made this a Northie thread or maybe a anywhere but Vegas thread you bastards make everything confusing with your crazy rules
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 12:09:57 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

June 2, 2015: Knife Rights' Nevada Knife Law Reform Bill, SB 176, was signed by Governor Sandoval on June 1st. This act repeals existing bans on switchblade knives (longer than 2-inches), dirks, daggers and belt buckle knives and becomes effective on July 1, 2015.

Unfortunately, because preemption was dropped from the bill, citizens and travelers will still have to be wary of local regulations more restrictive than the new state law.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I posted the las vegas laws above. They are legal at least in regards to clark county, las vegas and henderson laws. just because they dropped the preemption doesn't mean there was ever laws on the books locally prohibiting them in the first place. Yes las vegas still defines them as dangerous or deadly weapons but the only restrictions on dangerous or deadly weapons is that you can not carry them concealed while loitering or fighting.

as for henderson
this is the only law on the books which mimics county code.
8.98.010 - Concealed weapons prohibited except by permission.
It is unlawful for any person to carry upon his person a concealed weapon of any kind or description, including a knife with a blade of three inches or more, a gun, pistol, revolver or other firearm, within the City of Henderson without first having received written permission from the chief of police.

(Ord. 67, § 1, 1954)

https://www.municode.com/library/nv/henderson/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT8PUPESA_CH8.98WEMI
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 1:18:29 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So...are auto knives legal? I'm more confused now than before the thread was started.....

View Quote

NLV code doesn't look good. Surprise surprise.
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So...are auto knives legal? I'm more confused now than before the thread was started.....

yeah so autos are definitely illegal to carry concealed or in a vehicle in North Las Vegas. emphasis added

although i would get my lawyer to try and slip me through the cracks of lawful sporting activity or recreation

9.32.010 - Concealed weapon prohibited—Allowed with permit.
No person, except a peace officer, shall wear or in any manner carry concealed upon his person any loaded or unloaded gun, pistol or revolver, or any other dangerous or deadly weapon permitted to be carried by law without having, at the same time, actually in his possession, and upon his person, an unexpired permit to do so issued by the chief of police.
(Prior code § 7.22.010)

9.32.040 - Dangerous or deadly weapon defined.
The term "dangerous or deadly weapons" includes, but is not limited to, any dirk or dagger; any knife with a blade three inches or more in length, and any snap-blade or spring-blade knife, regardless of the length of the blade; any ice pick or similar sharp stabbing tool; any straight edge razor or any razor blade fitted to a handle; any dangerous or deadly weapon within the meaning of any law of this state restricting the use thereof; and any cutting, stabbing, or bludgeoning weapon or device capable of inflicting grievous bodily harm; and any firearm other than (a) one carried pursuant to a valid permit, issued by a duly authorized government authority, or (b) an ordinary rifle or shotgun lawfully carried for purposes of hunting or other lawful sport.

(Prior code § 7.22.040)

9.32.080 - Deadly weapon prohibited in vehicle—Exceptions.
It is unlawful for any person to have in his possession in any automobile, truck, motorcycle, or any other type of vehicle any dangerous or deadly weapon, but this restriction shall not be deemed to prohibit the carrying of ordinary tools or equipment carried in good faith for uses of honest work, trade or business, or for the purpose of legitimate sport or recreation.

(Ord. 596 § 1, 1978: prior code § 7.22.070)

https://www.municode.com/library/nv/north_las_vegas/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT9PUPEMOWE_CH9.32WEGE
Link Posted: 7/9/2015 2:49:47 PM EDT
[#32]
so a summary.

>3" blades illegal to carry concealed in clark county
dirks daggers autos etc illegal to carry concealed or in vehicle in North Las Vegas
dirks daggers autos etc good to go in las vegas as long as you are not loitering or fighting
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 3:50:48 PM EDT
[#33]
And for those of us who avoid Vegas like the plague ridden rat hole that it is.... we're GTG with just about any blade concealed or not?

So confused by this thread...
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:10:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
And for those of us who avoid Vegas like the plague ridden rat hole that it is.... we're GTG with just about any blade concealed or not?

View Quote

as far as state law you are good to go with pretty much any blade.

I don't want to make a blanket statement and say there aren't any other odd knife laws in other localities. but i don't think there are any

checking reno I don't see anything https://www.municode.com/library/nv/reno/codes/administrative_code?nodeId=PT2REMUCO_TIT8PUPESAMO_CH8.18WE

don't see anything in carson city either https://www.municode.com/library/nv/carson_city/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=TIT8PUPESAMO_CH8.12FI

nothing for elko
http://sterlingcodifiers.com/codebook/index.php?book_id=316
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Me too. I should have put a we dont care about Vegas disclaimer in the OP
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:06:12 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

it is still illegal within the state of NV to concealed carry a machete http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/78th2015/Bills/SB/SB176_EN.pdf i believe that is the only statewide blade restriction outside of schools
Link Posted: 7/10/2015 6:42:25 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

it is still illegal within the state of NV to concealed carry a machete http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Session/78th2015/Bills/SB/SB176_EN.pdf i believe that is the only statewide blade restriction outside of schools
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you for the clarification.  So happy I didn't end up in LV.  I prefer simplicity.

Link Posted: 7/11/2015 2:42:17 AM EDT
[#38]
Northie, blade over 3" concealed.  Legal or not?
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:07:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Northie, blade over 3" concealed.  Legal or not?
View Quote

As far as i can tell the 3" rule is only a clark county thing but you could always google your county and town municipal codes the knife laws are usually under safety and morals...

Here is a link to all the counties and several cities http://www.leg.state.nv.us/Division/Research/Library/Links/Codes.html?CFID=28506318&CFTOKEN=c147e1ecb2a73629-267B8604-155D-0375-14412191EA9A7396
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 3:10:01 AM EDT
[#40]
I had to drop off a couple form 4's at the sheriff today and meant to ask somebody. I want that shit in writing so if a cop is ignorant i can show it to him
Link Posted: 7/11/2015 1:51:09 PM EDT
[#41]
I asked the local Dist Attry about Lincoln County and there are no laws prohibiting switchblades or auto knives in Lincoln  County
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:43:47 PM EDT
[#42]
For Reno, there is one mention of switchblades but it may only pertain if you break some other code while in a park (since this one falls under the Regulation of Parks and Recreation Facilities chapter)? I'm no lawyer.

Sec. 8.23.140. - Carrying dangerous weapons.

Any person in possession of a dangerous knife or dangerous weapon during his commission of a violation of any section of this chapter shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

(a) Dangerous knife means a knife having a blade that is two inches or more in length from the tip of the knife which is customarily sharpened to the unsharpened extension of the blade which forms the hinge connecting the blade to the handle.

(b) Dangerous weapon means any explosive or incendiary device as defined in NRS 202.260, a switchblade knife, nunchaku or trefoil as defined by NRS 202.350, a blackjack, billy club or metal knuckles.

(c) No archery, paint ball weapons, air guns, BB guns, or like devices shall be allowed in a park or recreation facility.

(Ord. No. 5652, § 1, 2-9-05; Ord. No. 6217, § 1, 1-18-12)
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/12/2015 11:54:58 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
For Reno, there is one mention of switchblades but it may only pertain if you break some other code while in a park (since this one falls under the Regulation of Parks and Recreation Facilities chapter)? I'm no lawyer.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Any person in possession of a dangerous knife or dangerous weapon during his commission of a violation of any section of this chapter shall be guilty of a misdemeanor.

(a) Dangerous knife means a knife having a blade that is two inches or more in length from the tip of the knife which is customarily sharpened to the unsharpened extension of the blade which forms the hinge connecting the blade to the handle.

(b) Dangerous weapon means any explosive or incendiary device as defined in NRS 202.260, a switchblade knife, nunchaku or trefoil as defined by NRS 202.350, a blackjack, billy club or metal knuckles.

(c) No archery, paint ball weapons, air guns, BB guns, or like devices shall be allowed in a park or recreation facility.

Isn't the definition of dangerous weapon what changed?? If so it would apply to this section as well.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 7:09:16 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Isn't the definition of dangerous weapon what changed?? If so it would apply to this section as well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Typically, unless prohibited by statute, municipalities can make a definition more restrictive, but not less.
Link Posted: 7/13/2015 12:30:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Typically, unless prohibited by statute, municipalities can make a definition more restrictive, but not less.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

how that reno law reads to me is that if you are in possession of said dangerous weapons while violating the parks and recreation laws it is a misdemeanor
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:21:16 AM EDT
[#46]
Switchblades ordered...
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 1:27:17 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Switchblades ordered...
View Quote

What did you get??

I almost dropped the hammer on a microtech or two The Auto market has blown up.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:22:07 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
What did you get??

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Switchblades ordered...

What did you get??

Thought I'd celebrate and buy a nice one and another with good reviews to give away.
Item                                               Qty        Each    Subtotal

------------------------------

Lightning D/A OTF Automatic Knife Tan (3.25" Sa      1      $39.99      $39.99

H&K Tumult D/A OTF Automatic Knife Desert Tan (      1     $159.99     $159.99

Link Posted: 7/14/2015 5:40:32 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Thought I'd celebrate and buy a nice one and another with good reviews to give away.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Switchblades ordered...

What did you get??

Have you played around with OTF knives much?  
I checked out a number of them when I was up at the Benchmade and knivesshipfree factory stores last week, and while they are certainly slick, I just couldn't get over how much play the blades always seem to have when compared to a traditional auto.  
For some reason they just make me nervous that the blade will collapse or the locking mechanism will fail...and the guy behind the counter at the Benchmade factory store admitted that they do a lot of warranty repairs on OTF knives when customers use them hard.
I'd like to hear your opinion of the Tumult when it comes in...it appears to be one of the better ones on the market and was one of the knives I examined at the Benchmade store.
Link Posted: 7/14/2015 2:55:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Have you played around with OTF knives much?  

View Quote
I know nothing about knives, especially OTF ones.  I'm just depending upon reviews.

I added the cheaper one to play with, and celebrate our new found freedom until my thumb bleeds.

HK/Benchmade has a lifetime warranty, so I guess I can send it back if or when it breaks from me playing with it all the time.  It will replace my assisted opening EDC knife.

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top