Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2015 3:49:05 PM EDT
I though you guys would be cheering about SB 175 that Governor Sandoval signed into law effective June 2, 2015.  SB 175, Section 8, amends NRS 244.364 and removes (repeals) Clark County Ordinance 12.04.080 – Pistol Must be Registered with Sheriff within 72-Hours.

SB 175, Section 9 amends NRS 268.418 to remove – repeal the handgun registration requirement for cities and incorporated towns.  

SB 175 Section 10 amends NRS 269.222 to remove – repeal the handgun registration requirement for non-incorporated towns.  

You guys in Clark County have been screaming and crying about this Clark County handgun registration requirements for years.  And now that it is repealed, silence.  WTF?  
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#1]
WAT?

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 4:47:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#3]
About half way down page 1: Thread #1

Top of Page 11: Thread #2
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My business license went from $200 to $500...you know so I can help better edumacate the poor people who pump kids out like nothing and the illegals who don't give a shit if their kids live or die. Blue cards? I don't really give a shit. Between the business license and the new increase on payroll taxes I'm gonna have to do a raise and probably lose alot of customers. &^%* Brian Sandoval

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

I agree whole heartedly to the crappy tax hike....but it wasn't only Sandoval.  Thank your representative first.  They are the ones who screwed us over.  Sandoval just gave the screwing his stamp of approval.

Link Posted: 6/4/2015 5:45:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Super happy that blue cards are gone and a few other rights were improved...

However, with the failure of Campus Carry, Constitutional Carry, and the massive tax hike despite a GOP controlled Senate, Assembly, and Gov, this session really feels like a big failure...

With republicans like this, who needs Democrats?
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#6]
guido is having a blue card shredding party at NFA yes I am happy about this but we should have passed every pro 2a bill that was drafted and not nerfed the preemption out of the knife bill
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 7:10:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Here's what the liberals had to say about the session

Friend,

The Nevada Legislative session has officially come to an end....we can all sleep a little easier now (Phew)! But first we wanted to thank you.

You made your voices heard and you helped change the dialogue this session. Take a moment to look back on the past 120 days by sharing our final report of the good, the bad, and the ugly.

THE UGLY

The ugliest thing to watch this session was the cannibalism and total lack of respect that occurred in both chambers, especially from the GOP caucuses! If it was not Assemblywoman Michele Fiore telling fellow Assemblyman Chris Edwards to “sit your ass down,” it was Assemblyman Ira Hansen threatening Assemblywoman Victoria Seaman by stating that if she were a man, he would punch her in the face - no we cannot make this up! In addition to chairs of committees not allowing the public to participate in hearings they didn't want push back on, or the Senate majority not allowing colleagues to speak on the Senate floor last night. There was a total lack of respect this session for anyone who you didn't agree with the majority.

THE BAD

Our state has received a lot of bad PR this session, and this "school choice" bill has all eyes on us again. SB302, an unprecedented "school choice" bill, may have a huge impact on our public education system, and national eyes are watching to see if it blows up in our face. This voucher program will give parents around $5,000 in state funds to send their child to private school or provide them with a home-based education. It's been called "one of the most dramatic school choice bills in the country."

THE GOOD

The good…the Nevada Legislative session is over!

The great...both houses put aside their differences (for a brief moment) and came together to pass SB483 the funding bill which will provide desperately needed support for education. We are proud to have helped start this conversation last election season and will continue to work to improve public education in Nevada.

The greatest...the bills that failed to make the cut last night.

AB148, the controversial campus carry bill - this one gave all of us a headache because it would just not go away. We saw it fail in the Assembly twice as a bill and an amendment only to have it resurrected by 7 of the 8 GOP Assembly members who voted against its incarnation as an amendment. Thankfully, it failed to make the midnight deadline and never came up for a vote in the Senate. We also managed to defeat other extreme gun bills like constitutional carry and guns in cars.

AB405, the forced parental notification bill, died after out-of-state extremists (yes, you read that right, people from out-of-state) tried to bully the Senate to pass this dangerous bill. It failed to be brought up on the Senate floor because Nevadans like you voiced your opposition.

AB253 and other identical voter ID bills had a chance until the last minute, but time ticked by and they all missed the mark on the last day.

AB182 and the other bills attacking worker’s rights instilled fear in our union brothers and sisters as no one wanted to see working families harmed. Some bad bills did make it through, but many died when the clock struck midnight. We will continue to fight in future sessions to right the wrongs that were forced through this session.

THE GRAND FINALE

Nevadans like you came together and made your voices heard. Whether it was riding on a bus for 8+ hours to Carson City to counter extremist agendas, rushing to Grant Sawyer to testify against many horrendous bills, or just sharing an image on social media, you ensured progressive values were upheld in Nevada. You held your elected officials accountable. Together, we also defeated things like the transgender bathroom bullying bill and the Bundy bill, and we should be proud!

The work is not over my friends. Rest up, enjoy the summer, and prepare for the next battle which is right around the corner in 2016.

Are you ready? We sure are!

Thank you on behalf of our entire team,

Annette Magnus

Battle Born Progress

P.S. Help us get ready for 2016 and continue the change by donating some change.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 8:58:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 9:32:50 PM EDT
[#9]
That IS pretty nice, but compared to the way they fucked us on other gun friendly bills that they easily had the numbers for, IF OUR REPUBS WERE ACTUALLY PRO GUN, it's like trying to get nourishment from the ashes they fed us.

Time for a whole bunch of primary challengers to start laying the ground work.
Link Posted: 6/4/2015 10:38:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Primary hell, I'm looking into recalls!

My guys did pretty well to excellent, but Reno - Sparks and LV "Republicans" screwed us.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 1:00:02 PM EDT
[#11]
I'm stoked....no blue card requirement. But as a CCW holder, I really like the part where if you are involved in a justifiable shooting in your car or home, the victim's family can't file a civil lawsuit against you. Should save a lot of court time and expense.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 1:15:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
My business license went from $200 to $500...you know so I can help better edumacate the kids of poor people who pump them out like nothing and the illegals who don't give a shit if their kids live or die. Blue cards? I don't really give a shit. Between the business license and the new increase on payroll taxes I'm gonna have to do a raise and probably lose alot of customers. Fuck Brian Sandoval

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
View Quote

Is there a chart yet showing the fees? I have until December to renew one, but another is due in July. I will close one of those and move it to another state.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 1:38:39 PM EDT
[#13]
Know several people who are now closing down or selling their business, dropping expansion plans, looking at staff reductions. etc.
Also aware of large companies that just scratched Nevada off the list of states they were likely to move to.
Please explain to me how companies moving to N. Dakota instead grows Nevada employment or revenues?

How much economic collapse will it take, over what time frame, to convince the legislature and "Our" RINO governor that they really screwed up?
Will they EVER admit their mistake, or just double down with MORE tax increases to make up for the poor result of this one?
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Know several people who are now closing down or selling their business, dropping expansion plans, looking at staff reductions. etc.

Also aware of large companies that just scratched Nevada off the list of states they were likely to move to.

Please explain to me how companies moving to N. Dakota instead grows Nevada employment or revenues?

How much economic collapse will it take, over what time frame, to convince the legislature and "Our" RINO governor that they really screwed up?

Will they EVER admit their mistake, or just double down with MORE tax increases to make up for the poor result of this one?
View Quote
Again, I can only say that my district's senator is a teacher who is tied to one of the charter schools, which are one of the intended beneficiaries of this tax.  Crooked, corrupt motherfucker, right there.

Link Posted: 6/5/2015 2:43:18 PM EDT
[#15]
Annette Magnus 

Battle Born Progress 

P.S. Help us get ready for 2016 and continue the change by donating some change.

I didn't want quote all the commie bullshit, that's sickening.
Link Posted: 6/5/2015 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Not everyone is just bending over.

http://brushfirealerts.com/wedecide
Link Posted: 6/6/2015 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm stoked....no blue card requirement. But as a CCW holder, I really like the part where if you are involved in a justifiable shooting in your car or home, the victim's family can't file a civil lawsuit against you. Should save a lot of court time and expense.
View Quote

I am happy about this part too!
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 7:35:35 PM EDT
[#18]
alot are quiet because the sherif is quiet. Supposedly alot of verbal yea we know were goign to follow but not alot of written. Gun stores are starting to get the calls about no more blue cards though so the balls rolling.
Link Posted: 6/10/2015 7:40:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
alot are quiet because the sherif is quiet. Supposedly alot of verbal yea we know were goign to follow but not alot of written. Gun stores are starting to get the calls about no more blue cards though so the balls rolling.
View Quote

Per NRA
-------------
Nevada: Sheriff Lombardo Issues Administrative Notice Ending Handgun Registration in Clark County.

Yesterday afternoon, Las Vegas Metro Sheriff Joseph Lombardo released Administrative Directive No. AN-011-15 to all personnel.

I do not know how to link a PDF but the directive should be available for viewing at the Metro site and probably at NRA's site too.
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:04:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Handy link to Administrative Directive AN-011-15

I am particularly pleased about this as I have been a legal resident of Nevada and Clark county for more than 30 days but less than 60. :)

No blue cards for me!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 1:48:53 AM EDT
[#21]
You got the Blue Card when you bought a handgun, so no big deal there.
Then when the CCW allowed you to carry any pistol, it really was a non issue.
ETA: I  forgot about buying from a private party
Link Posted: 6/11/2015 5:51:59 AM EDT
[#22]
I did not get a blue card. :)
Link Posted: 6/14/2015 12:25:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
My business license went from $200 to $500.  Between the business license and the new increase on payroll taxes I'm gonna have to do a raise and probably lose alot of customers.
View Quote

The Nevada Labor Participation Rate may be an influence on state government revenue, just sayin':

April 2007 - 65.7
April 2008 - 65.1
April 2009 - 60.4
April 2010 - 56.5
April 2011 - 56.8
April 2012 - 57.2
April 2013 - 57.7
April 2014 - 58.1
April 2015 - 58.6

Reference: http://www.bls.gov/lau/ststdsadata.txt

The spending is driving the tax and fee increases: http://www.nevadaappeal.com/news/lahontanvalley/12925953-113/state-budget-million-fiscal

IMO, politicians will raise taxes instead of cutting spending almost every time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top