Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2015 2:52:52 PM EDT
Took the grandson for a ride on the 4 wheeler in the hills behind the house.  Found these and had to plug a tire. Glad I keep a plug kit and compressor in the tool compartment.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 4:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
What in the hell?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:19:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Tax dollars at work or someone's sick sense of humor?
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:22:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Now that's fucked up I know a lot of people that don't pay much attention to the ground when they walk... that could go right thru a shoe. Mind if I ask where "the hills behind the house" is? I'm guessing someone in the neighborhood doesn't like ATV's and think this kind of shit is OK
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Tax dollars at work or someone's sick sense of humor?
View Quote

I don't see this being tax dollars at work... just some random asshole.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 5:53:15 PM EDT
[#5]
In Henderson behind the B. Didn't see any on the main dirt road. These were all found on a rocky 2 track going over a hill about a 1/4-1/2 mile long.
36°02'16.3"N 114°54'08.6"W
Think about what it could have done to a horse hoof or bighorn sheep.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 6:35:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In Henderson behind the B. Didn't see any on the main dirt road. These were all found on a rocky 2 track going over a hill about a 1/4-1/2 mile long.
View Quote

If the Greenies hurt my Brother or his family they will NOT like me.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 7:39:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They already dont like you or me for that matter.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 8:42:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Tree lovin hippies? Probably...
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:13:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Not a flipping tree for miles. They should just stay the freak out.
Link Posted: 4/3/2015 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Surprised the eco-nuts would be willing to go to the effort to fashion and scatter Caltrops.
Probably bought them from some commy fag earth firster advertising in Mother Jones.
Might be worth notifying NDOW as you are correct that those are a danger to wildlife as well as humans.

Link Posted: 4/3/2015 10:48:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Not a flipping tree for miles. They should just stay the freak out.
View Quote

We have desert hippies... they think scrub brush and rock should never be disturbed by a human foot much less a tire you should contact NDOW and BLM.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 12:43:17 AM EDT
[#12]
The area in question is kind of off limits to off road travel. But depending on where you came in from, signage can be difficult to decipher. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 1:09:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I remember vividly the reports of finding piano wire stretched across OHV trails in the Pinenuts (North NV).
Link Posted: 4/4/2015 2:20:24 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I remember vividly the reports of finding piano wire stretched across OHV trails in the Pinenuts (North NV).
View Quote

I remember finding some in highschool. Saw two new t posts in a random location and slowed to check them out as markers and hanging off one was a single high tensile wire.  I dont know if it was flaged when streched or even ever streched but I remember afterward that I noticed a few guys with poles and attached swather blades on the front of their atv's. This was in 2003-4 or so.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 12:06:59 AM EDT
[#15]
I emailed NDOW and blm. We'll see if I get any response.
Link Posted: 4/5/2015 3:51:37 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm worried about Arin riding his dirt bike.

Seriously, I am.

Link Posted: 4/5/2015 11:51:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Isolated incident so far. I wouldn't go off the deep end just yet. Besides, I don't think there is a nail made that could hurt Arin's tough old carcass.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 10:19:31 PM EDT
[#18]
I received an email today from a special agent of the BLM. in the email he had his phone number and requested that I call him. After talking with him, he came out this evening and I took him to the area where I found the caltrops. we hike the trail which was between a quarter and a third of a mile and found another 25 to 30 or so caltrops that I had missed. Several were broken and or smashed from being driven over by other vehicles.
Link Posted: 4/8/2015 11:00:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I received an email today from a special agent of the BLM. in the email he had his phone number and requested that I call him. After talking with him, he came out this evening and I took him to the area where I found the caltrops. we hike the trail which was between a quarter and a third of a mile and found another 25 to 30 or so caltrops that I had missed. Several were broken and or smashed from being driven over by other vehicles.
View Quote

Excellent! with any luck they'll catch the asshole/holes responsible... not likely but one can hope
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 2:04:38 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

What did he do with them? I assume the BLM officer took them. Do they do any forensic testing or is that the end of it?
Link Posted: 4/9/2015 8:31:02 AM EDT
[#21]
The ones that I initially found, he just boxed all up and took them. The ones that we found yesterday he picked up with a glove and said he was going to turn them into the lab.
Link Posted: 4/10/2015 9:36:37 PM EDT
[#22]
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 10:38:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
The ones that I initially found, he just boxed all up and took them. The ones that we found yesterday he picked up with a glove and said he was going to turn them into the lab.
View Quote

Lab my ass.  You should have thrown these out. Give him ONE for the lab and keep as many as you find. What's to say BLM didn't put these out there to clse a trail?
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 11:44:56 AM EDT
[#24]
His anger and frustration seemed pretty sincere. Besides, if BLM put them out there he probably would have just wrote me a ticket for riding in a closed area instead of driving all the way across town and spending over an hour hiking 2/3 of a mile picking up what they put down.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 3:14:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Seems to be eco terrorists are on the rise. Vindictive control freaks who are happy to cause bodily harm to others to meet their control needs.

booby trapping trails

I think we should have a meet up. I'd like to place some trail cameras and get evidence of whoever this is booby trapping public land. Highly illegal even on private property. Burn em at the stake. I wonder if BLM or law enforcement would be willing to follow up in such a manner.
Link Posted: 4/11/2015 4:43:25 PM EDT
[#26]
When BLM tries to close a trail to vehicles without fencing it off completely they usually dig a trench across it.
The berm goes on one side so the vehicle would be more likely to high-center as the wheels drop into the trench.
Seen many of these, also notice that wet weather and other factors may collapse them or fill them in.

It should also be noted that most BLM land closures are NOT posted per NRS requirements.
I'm not sure of the exact distance apart but I found out many years ago that a legal "Posting" requires signs on ALL sides of the property, with signs close enough together to not be missed.
This came up when I posted MY property to discourage illegal wood cutters, who simply cut down the trees the signs were nailed to first.

I've also found myself seeing "Posted" signs in my mirror when exiting the outback.
Lazy/cheap or fraudulent posting is common, usually only along the most likely access route.
Come into the area from any other direction and you are unlikely to ever see any "Posted" signs.
ECO-NUTS and anti-Hunter types are fond of putting up Posted signs of varied types on public land that is NOT posted.
Seems they think it is THEIR land, not "OUR" land.
Link Posted: 4/14/2015 2:22:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Lab my ass.  You should have thrown these out. Give him ONE for the lab and keep as many as you find. What's to say BLM didn't put these out there to clse a trail?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If someone were to get hurt BLM would have to respond. It wouldn't make sense for them to put something g like this out when they would have to respond to the injury it would probably cause.
This is the random asshole who wants to hurt someone.
Link Posted: 4/16/2015 5:40:35 PM EDT
[#28]
Man i hope i see someone placing those on the ground...... i hope they post the xrays after i get done ramming each one up their hippie ass...... i had someone hide some old wire loops in bushes like a snare caught my boot luckily i was cruising cause it ripped me of the bike in SO-CAL. Lucklily didn't dislocate a knee or hip...
Link Posted: 4/19/2015 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Anyway, I hope the douche(s) putting those out fall on them next time... I mean, I hope BLM catches them.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top