Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/26/2015 10:08:28 PM EDT
heading to Reno this weekend, i know my ccw is not valid there, what are my options for transporting my handgun once i cross the state line ?
Link Posted: 3/27/2015 1:07:34 AM EDT
[#1]
You can have a loaded gun in your vehicle in Nevada.  This isn't California.  You're not compelled to transport your firearm disassembled inside a locked box separated from the ammunition that's been removed from the magazine and then placed inside a time-lock opening safe wrapped in battleship chains and submerged in ten feet of water like some Great Houdini escape artist performance as California law requires you to do.

Don't conceal it on your person if you haven't got a CCW that NV recognizes.  You can stash it in your glove compartment or whatever.  If I were you, I wouldn't place your gun on the passenger seat covered by a jacket or anything.  You shouldn't also wedge it down between your seat in some little hidey hole that's covered by any part of your body.  I'm not even going to entertain the goofy notion of 'open carry' inside a vehicle.

Don't leave your firearm unattended in your parked vehicle.  

You can't transport a long gun in your vehicle with a chambered round.

Observe all traffic laws like a good citizen and I'd presume you're not even going to see law enforcement officers anyway.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top