Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/20/2015 10:36:01 PM EDT
I dug up this old Thread
Lets say I had an old Series 70 I wanted to soup up some
Is there a good local (L.V.) go to guy?
Also not afraid to just order parts and try a DMS, but I'd rather just get it done.
Not looking for a 6 month wait either.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 10:54:41 PM EDT
[#1]
G,

If the gun you are talking about is the 1911 I fired I would leave it as is (beautiful gun just the way it is).

However, if you really want to upgrade it I would contact Matt Babb at Bentwood Gunsmithing

I have seen all kinds of work he and his shop has done over the years and I would highly recommend him.

Hope this helps.

-Joe
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:10:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Yeah Joe same one.
I just didn't want to ruin it by messing with it, but we're not talking big money rare item here so screw it.
Functions fine but could be more fun to shoot with a few mods.
Kinda sad that there are so many "Go To" guys with reputations to back it up on certain things around the country, but none here for much of anything other than not much.
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:32:30 PM EDT
[#3]
After another Ultra and more thought...
I do believe someone sells something just like what I'm looking for. .
On to shopping around
Link Posted: 3/20/2015 11:39:15 PM EDT
[#4]
If you change your mind ask around the NVHTF about Matt Babb.

At least give him a shot (no pun intended).
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 1:08:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If you change your mind ask around the NVHTF about Matt Babb.

At least give him a shot (no pun intended).
View Quote

I'll back up Joe on this one. Matt is the best I've found. I do most of my own work, but when it comes to the big stuff, I only call them. Great work, fair price, and I've been pretty lucky on turnaround times (my favorite was a double threaded MAC10 barrel, gave it to him on a Thursday at 4pm, had it back Friday at noon).
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 7:35:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Another vote for Matt Babb here. Great work on a couple of Kimbers I brought in a couple years ago.
Link Posted: 3/21/2015 11:32:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Matt does good work.  His did some work for me last year on a Colt Rail Gun and it was perfect.  Prices are very reasonable.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top