Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2015 11:47:55 AM EDT
Hey all!   I am in town for a few days from AK.  I spotted a BFL on a nice blue Chevy pickup yesterday.  Nice to see!

I have a couple questions:  

Where is a good place to get a tattoo around here?  Thinking something simple like a BFL might be a good remembrance of this trip for me and my better half is always looking to add something.  

Is there any .22lr available down in these parts?  Up north we have seen very, very little come in for at least 4 years.  It would sure be nice to pick up a brick or two if its available.  

Thanks for any help you guys have to offer!
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 4:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
The only place in town that I know of that might have large amounts of 22 ammo is Ventura ammunition. They advertise on back page about having a lot of 22 ammo. No ideas on tattoos as I haven't gotten one in 20 years.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 5:38:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:22:31 PM EDT
[#3]
for ink in the LV valley - STAY OFF THE STRIP; let me repeat that - stay off the strip.  you will pay at least double the price if not more.  

There are much better 'local' places.  

Mikey at Last Chance Tattoo on Arville / Tropicana (just south of Pole Position) does good work, he has done my last 3 (w/ in the past year) and will be working on me again next week.

Reasonable prices and his work is exceptional.
Link Posted: 3/4/2015 6:24:55 PM EDT
[#4]
$480 for a case?  Ouch..
Briarhawk Firearms is advertising Armscor 500rd bricks for $40 on backpage. That is about the best store price I have seen.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 12:49:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Red Handed Tattoo has some great artists. The guy I go to there is Chance Gomez. Great guy but good luck getting in with him on short notice. If you can, I think he's the best tattoo artist I've ever seen. The other people there are good too, and reasonably priced.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 1:49:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the leads you guys!   I appreciate your help a lot.  

I better check with Alaska Airlines to see how much ammo they allow in checked bags  ;)
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 2:13:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I like to think that we Nevadan's are all pure skins.

As pure skins, we like to neckbeard our own .22lr thank you very much.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, full disclosure, I grew up in Fallon, most of my direct family still lives up that way.  Our family goes way back into the 1800's in that area.   I am a Nevadan at heart, I hate Harry Reid with a passion and proud of it.
Link Posted: 3/5/2015 6:55:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Whatever you do, don't wander into one of the Diversity Tattoo shops, unless you like shitty tattoos. I would give you the name of my tattoo artist, but he's booked out solid for the next 6 months, as any good tattoo artist should be, since they're in demand and he's $200.0 an hr., with a 3 hr minimum which some people whine about. Good tattoos aren't cheap, and cheap tattoo aren't good...

Link Posted: 3/6/2015 12:24:24 AM EDT
[#10]
timeless tattoo over on las vegas blvd and silverado ranch , ask for Cornfed.... he is a member here and goes by tat2knife

Link Posted: 3/12/2015 11:26:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks all who replied.   My seven year old and I have a decent supply of .22lr for a while.
Also 3 in our party got great tattoos at Timeless Tattoo.  The crew there is a hoot, had a great time and
excellent art.
Link Posted: 3/13/2015 6:01:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
timeless tattoo over on las vegas blvd and silverado ranch , ask for Cornfed.... he is a member here and goes by tat2knife

View Quote

Wonder if he or his family bmx at boulder city. There is a Cornfed that I hear announced regularly out there.
Link Posted: 3/14/2015 11:33:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Doubt Cornfed would fit on a BMX bike , he does ride a Softtail Harley.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top