Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2015 10:11:35 AM EDT
Anyone know what the North Vegas strip like these days?  I received 3 free nights at the recently renovated SLS hotel formally the Sahara hotel.  How's the area or should I run away?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 3:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
SLS is the old Sahara. Actually the place is pretty nice. I haven't seen the rooms so I do'nt know.

The Riviera is closing to the public May fourth so with the exception of Circus Circus it will be mostly vacant lots, abandoned construction, and crappy shops down to the Wynn.

The Peppermill is next to the  Riv. They have good food.
The Westgate which is the old Hilton has a good Burlesque show.

Hell its a free room, You could always walk down the the Wynn or Encore and have a good time.Tthe area isn't that bad.
As with anywhere always be aware of your surroundings.
Link Posted: 3/2/2015 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone know what the North Vegas strip like these days?  I received 3 free nights at the recently renovated SLS hotel formally the Sahara hotel.  How's the area or should I run away?
View Quote

The SLS is nice. I know your nights are free, but at least anticipate that you my have to pay the nightly resort fee which I think is around $25-$30/nt + 12% tax.

Get a car. There's not much to walk around to at the north strip.
Link Posted: 3/9/2015 4:11:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

The SLS is nice. I know your nights are free, but at least anticipate that you my have to pay the nightly resort fee which I think is around $25-$30/nt + 12% tax.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

We are in Vegas right now. Was at SLS last night. Very nice place and has a monorail stop on its property. We've saved so much money using the monorail here. Get a pass long enough to cover your trips. Goes from SLS all the way down to MGM Grand on the south end of the strip.

Have fun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top