Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/11/2015 8:01:26 PM EDT
Thinking of visiting Reno area this summer and kinda want to go up in the mountains around lake tahoe.  Anyone know of a good outfit to call?
I hit google but all im finding are 3-4 day outings or jeep rentals.
Link Posted: 1/11/2015 8:47:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Just take the rental car over the rubicon trail can't be that difficult, don't get what all the fuss is about. Don't skimp on the insurance and towing though.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 4:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't know of any places that do tours. There are guidebooks for the Rubicon if you wanted to do that. Also check into the Fordyce area. pirate4x4.com and reno4x4.com are good resources. There are stock friendly runs put on by a reno4x4 guy every Sunday.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
If you're considering fordyce you might want someone to go with you.  It can get pretty gnarly.  Only guided tour I know of in the area is Jeepers Jamboree.  I've heard it's 100% worth it for what you get.  If you destroy your heep they fix it for you.  They cook for you.  I think you only need a friend and camping gear.  If you're hear on a weekend look up reno4x4 like Jed said.  They do sunday runs and they're good with telling you what the difficulty is.
Link Posted: 1/23/2015 11:15:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Fordyce has some areas that are pretty mild. I mention it because it is convenient off the highway an there are some good camping areas.

You might look into visiting Bodie, it is a ghost town a few hours south of Reno. That would be a fun and educational trip. It is stock friendly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top