Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/9/2014 11:10:05 AM EDT
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 12:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Or your card could have been duped and finally used on that day as a co-inkidink. Moot point and I hear what you're throwing down.

PS. camping world sucks!
You should have stopped by since you were in the neighborhood.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 5:26:17 PM EDT
[#3]
RFID I won't do.  When I get new cards, if they come with RFID chips, I call and request new cards without.  All companies have so far sent replacement cards without the RFID chips at no charge.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 8:04:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I would rather someone steal the credit card company's money rather than mine. I love the cash argument, but if I lose my card they overnight a new one for free. If I lose my cash, I am out the cash.
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RFID I won't do.  When I get new cards, if they come with RFID chips, I call and request new cards without.  All companies have so far sent replacement cards without the RFID chips at no charge.
View Quote

I think a few seconds in a microwave fixes the RFID problem.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 9:56:46 PM EDT
[#6]
This happened to me in St.George of all places.
Went for a few days, had my card on me but payed cash for everything because of a previous problem.
I get back and bank calls and says suspicious transactions in fucking St.George.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#7]
How can one tell if a credit card has an RFID strip?  Is it obvious?
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:07:18 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 2:54:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote
Typically your card will have one of a few indicators:

Exposed chip on the card:

Link Posted: 12/11/2014 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#10]
The exposed chip is what we will all be going to. It isn't RFID and it is harder to duplicate than a swipe card.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 3:40:15 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Typically your card will have one of a few indicators:

http://cdn.ghacks.net/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/rfid-credit-card.jpg

Exposed chip on the card:

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQtGyXxgR6kBNjUM-UPhn88hWTgT1r8fSK5tK0CYfake58fm-XuaA

I realized that the microwave would probably also scramble the magnetic strip and kill the whole card.
But a careful hammer blow directly on the RFID chip should take just that out of action.
With the magnetic strip intact the card should still work, unless they delete the strip when using RFID?
None of my cards have RFID to experiment with.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 5:54:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Just call the card company and request a card without the RFID chip.  They will send you one.  No need to beat your card to death.  :)
Link Posted: 12/25/2014 2:57:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Apple Pay fixes this.
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 1:41:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Apple Pay fixes this.
View Quote

Until you lose your phone and they hack your password.

If you got time, you start off with 0-0-0-0 and work your way up. Works....
Link Posted: 1/1/2015 4:43:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Apple Pay fixes this.
View Quote

Because Apple has never had a data breach.
Link Posted: 1/3/2015 2:13:13 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Apple Pay fixes this.

Hacking someone's password that's set as "password" isn't my definition of a breach.

Regardless though, they don't hold your financial info so there's nothing to steal.  If your phone is stolen, there are ways to deal with  that.  Bottom line though, same issue if your wallet is stolen although that's not what happened here but a nice attempt at a strawman. If you don't give the clerk/pimply teenager/waiter your card in the first place, they can't steal the information that's on it.
Link Posted: 1/5/2015 1:53:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Apple Pay fixes this.

you have to have the finger print to work apple pay I think.  so unless they can hack my password to get into the phone and my fingerprint to get apple pay to work then i'm safe.  Applepay is great, just wish more people took it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2015 1:11:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

you have to have the finger print to work apple pay I think.  so unless they can hack my password to get into the phone and my fingerprint to get apple pay to work then i'm safe.  Applepay is great, just wish more people took it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Apple Pay fixes this.

if it was a toe print...

You want a toe? I can get you a toe. Believe me. There are ways. Dude you don't wanna know about it. Believe me.

Yeah but Walter...

Hell I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon with nail polish. Fucking amatures. They send us a toe, we're suppose to shit ourselves with fear. Jesus Christ.
Link Posted: 1/7/2015 12:54:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

if it was a toe print...

You want a toe? I can get you a toe. Believe me. There are ways. Dude you don't wanna know about it. Believe me.

Yeah but Walter...

Hell I can get you a toe by 3 o'clock this afternoon with nail polish. Fucking amatures. They send us a toe, we're suppose to shit ourselves with fear. Jesus Christ.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Apple Pay fixes this.

if it was a toe print...

Yeah but Walter...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top