Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/6/2014 11:17:40 PM EDT
The SO and I have decided to take a last minute trip for Christmas this year and decided the destination would be Las Vegas. She has been before with her family, but this will be my first trip to Nevada. We will be staying at The Wynn hotel and will most likely spend the majority of our time on The Strip, taking in a few shows and doing normal touristy stuff. Just looking for advice on what else we should aim to do in our visit. What are the better places to dine? Any lost "must see" attractions away from The Strip? Best gun shops or ranges to sneak away to? Etc...

Rules:

My Crazy Nurse and a Top Shot Winner.
Link Posted: 12/6/2014 11:40:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Spend your money at Battlefield Vegas.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:00:58 AM EDT
[#2]
.....while you still can!

'Cause if the Bloom-turd brigades get their way such "Transfers without a background check" will become illegal.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 1:17:52 PM EDT
[#3]

My recommendations are always as follows:

"O" at the Bellagio is the best show on the strip.  Delmonico at the Venetian is a great steak place.  Picasso at the Bellagio is extremely good fine dining but is very expensive.  For more casual dining try Olives at the Bellagio and ask to be seated with a view of the fountains.

Red Rock Nat. Conservation Area is a short drive from the strip and is a cool place to check out for some hiking.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 2:23:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Rent a car and check out Mt. Charleston. Should be a nice drive this time of year.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 6:30:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Hahn's military surplus on East Lake Mead Blvd.

Disclosure: auto transmission suggested, as driving through this part of town requires a fucking gun in your hand at all times.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Keep the advice coming guys! The SO is wanting to see Cirque du Soleil and Penn and Teller, two shows I know I'll enjoy. Any others that aren't as mainstream I should look out for?

Best steakhouse? Best places to spent an evening for non-party types? I'm sure there won't be a shortage of entertainment, but we would obviously like the most out of the trip.

Link Posted: 12/7/2014 8:34:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:26:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Le Reve is better than O, and it's in the Hotel you're staying at. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.
Link Posted: 12/7/2014 10:41:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Delmonico Steakhouse, in the Venetian. Kinda expensive but worth it. Eaten just about every steak house in town and I've been back to this one three times. Worth it
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 2:17:26 AM EDT
[#10]
Del Frescos is pretty freaking awesome too. But at $50-60 for a ribeye alacart, I've only been there once. But damn it was good.
Link Posted: 12/8/2014 7:42:36 AM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hahn's military surplus on East Lake Mead Blvd.

Disclosure: auto transmission suggested, as driving through this part of town requires a fucking gun in your hand at all times.
View Quote

Lol, I read that in your avatars voice..... $%#^sucker
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 3:10:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Le Reve is better than O, and it's in the Hotel you're staying at. Check it out, you won't be disappointed.

View Quote

Blasphemy!  O is the best!
Link Posted: 12/9/2014 10:29:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Says the lawyer I went to fancy Theatre school, respect mah authoritay!

I like O and all, I just think it's super slow paced and disjointed. Le Reve is non-stop action, and it's actually a cohesive story.  

Wynn just sunk another million into a slick fountain setup for Le Reve. I just saw it last night, they're pretty nice!
News Article
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 2:41:43 AM EDT
[#14]
Le Reve is now on the list, and I believe Ka is as well. We're deciding if going to the range and shooting some full auto would be worthwhile since a local range is about to have several FA weapons for rent soon.

What else? Best late night diners for greasy food/burgers, etc? Good museums or tours to check out? We've still got a few evenings to book.
Link Posted: 12/10/2014 11:08:52 AM EDT
[#15]
No lewd comments about his SO or mention of hookers and blow? This place is slipping.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top