Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2014 12:16:30 PM EDT
Nevadans for State Gun Rights
NEVADANS FOR STATE GUN RIGHTS will be hosting a workshop to develop messaging and fund raising strategies to oppose the Bloomberg Ballot Initiative.

This initiative attacks your private property rights and Nevada’s state rights.  We need to develop messaging and fund raising strategies to oppose this measure that will appear on the 2016 ballot, and we are requesting your help to do so.

Please attend this workshop and share your ideas and input
Attendance is by invitation only, so please do not forward this message
When: January 8, 2015
Where: 1640 E Sahara Ave Las Vegas, NV 89104 (Park anywhere under building and on 17th street)
Time:7 to 9 pm
RSVP: Matt Hennager at 702-533-3611 no later than January 5, 2015

Thank you,
NEVADANS FOR STATE GUN RIGHTS
www.nevadansforstategunrights.com
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 12:47:44 PM EDT
[#1]

http://www.wnd.com/2014/11/blooming-assault-on-nevada-gun-rights/

BLOOMING ASSAULT ON NEVADA GUN RIGHTS

While Mike Bloomberg and his billionaire buddies were spending upward of $10 million to implement a firearms registration scheme in Washington State, Bloomberg’s minions were hard at work initiating a similar assault on the rights of the people of Nevada. Nevadans for Background Checks is a wholly owned subsidiary of Bloomberg’s Everytown for Gun Safety. As typical with the Bloomies, the “group” is touted as a local grass roots effort, but is funded, directed and staffed primarily by Bloomberg and his professional rights abusers. A few local extremists are included as window-dressing.

Everytown’s Washington, D.C., attorney reserved the Nevadans for Background Checks name with the Nevada Secretary of State’s office earlier this year. Filing information for the PAC and nonprofit corporation formed to push for the initiative, which significantly changes the state’s firearm transfer laws, lists Tara Paone as “director, president” of the nonprofit and as “director” of the PAC. Tara Paone is elsewhere listed as treasurer for Everytown for Gun Safety in New York, and was listed as the director of the Everytown fund in support of I-594 in Washington. Ms. Paone’s LinkedIn profile says she is a professional manager for nonprofits and that she resides in New York City. The address listed for her on the Nevada paperwork appears to be a street address, but is actually a post office box. The other person listed on the PAC and incorporation paperwork, as treasurer and director respectively, is an attorney and lobbyist named Matt Griffin, who appears to be an actual resident of the state.

In early November, the Bloomberg front group submitted more than 240,000 signatures in its petition drive to get the initiative on the November 2015 ballot. There have been no financial filings from either the PAC or the nonprofit yet, but the effort was clearly expensive. We should get a better idea of just how expensive in mid-January when their financial disclosure reports should be available.

Meanwhile, another Bloomberg entity, the Everytown for Gun Safety Action Fund, was busy pumping other money into Nevada leading up to the midterm elections. Their Nevada disclosure forms show that the fund spent more than $1,039,000 in the state, though they only brought in $232,775 during the reporting period – all of which was personally contributed by Michael R. Bloomberg. The disclosure forms also show that $650,000 of that went directly to the Nevada Democratic Party. About $25,000 went to a couple of Nevada candidates and local PACs, and almost all of the rest went to printers, mailers and political consulting firms located in other states – mostly on the East Coast. The Bloomberg supported legislative candidates were defeated, by the way.

As soon as the ground-game for I-594 in Washington was completed, many of the paid “volunteers” from that campaign were transferred to Nevada, where some were reported to be paid as much as $5 per signature in the initiative petition effort. Local Nevada rights advocates – who actually live in the state and are true grass roots volunteers – say this looks like a violation of Nevada law. They point out that, while paying signature gatherers on an hourly basis is acceptable, paying them commissions per signature makes the gatherers commission sales people, which is forbidden because it provides incentive for them to distort the intent of the petition. They also point out that Nevada law identifies any door-to-door sales activity – including commissioned signature gathering – as sales, requiring both a business license and a solicitor’s license. Neither the Bloomberg front group nor the “volunteers” had such licenses.

As was the case in the Washington initiative, which passed by not quite 60 percent in the mid-term elections – in spite of an 8 to 1 spending advantage and the ongoing claim of support by more than 90 percent of Americans – the Nevada initiative is much more complex and far-reaching than its promoters let on. Along with creating a de facto registry of all gun purchases, the initiative is very specific about applying to all firearm “transfers” with only a narrow window of exceptions. This creates numerous pitfalls that can make criminals of gun owners who are not harming or endangering anyone. For instance, loaning a gun to a friend for a few days while her husband is away would be a crime unless she paid a fee and passed a background check. Even borrowing a buddy’s rifle to see if you wanted to buy one like it would be a crime.

The initiative is also very specific about requiring that the checks be run through the federal National Instant Check System, rather than the state-run background check system. That means regulatory control goes to the feds instead of the state. It also means that the feds would have access to all records of firearm transfers. There’s also a question whether requiring NICS checks for private transfers would require the state to abandon their current system completely and shift to the federal system for all sales and transfers. This would cost the state millions of dollars in revenue.

The fight in Nevada promises to be fierce and expensive. The Nevada Firearms Coalition is leading the charge against the initiative and has created a PAC and a nonprofit – directed and manned by Nevada citizens – called Nevadans for State Gun Rights, dedicated solely to this fight. So far we have seen little in the way of action from the NRA. Hopefully they will step up and make a better showing than they did in Washington.

Funds are going to be crucial in this fight. If you can help, I encourage you to make a contribution today at NevadansForStateGunRights.com. If you can’t make a monetary donation, contribute by sharing this story with every gun owner you know. Don’t just be an observer; get involved – with your money, your time and your friends. This isn’t just a Nevada problem. Bloomberg is going to be bringing this to every state he can, so the sooner we shut him down, the safer we’ll all be.

Media wishing to interview Jeff Knox, please contact [email protected].
5575 Simmons Street, Suite 1-176
North Las Vegas, NV 89031
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Need a NN meeting as well.
The state capitol is still in NN,
Washoe and Douglas counties are in NN

I'm "In" to help of course, but a trip to LV is long and expensive.
We need as many of our people as possible involved, a NN meet is imperative.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 3:59:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm in for a NN meet. Logistically I can't get to Vegas right now.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#4]
That is all the information that was sent to me. Sorry.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The Nevada legislature will meet in February of '15.
Anyone intending to become a formal lobbyist needs to take the class and register.

http://stateandfed.com/lobbycomply/lobbying-2/training-required-for-nevada-lobbyists/

No class or registration required to just show up in opposition or support of a bill.

Oh, and it looks like I have just volunteered myself to organize some NN fundraising events.
So NN folk who want to help should email me to get this going. [email protected]
(Remove NOSPAM to email)

We have to form a couple of committees, members needed ASAP.
Bllom-turd CAN be beaten, but it WILL take a MAJOR grass-roots effort to do so.

EDIT: Need to hear from the artist of our pro-RKBA community.
Need to make some items, simple sculpture, posters, flyers, etc.

Need a "Social Media" master too.
GM, would that be you?

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:02:18 PM EDT
[#6]
C'mon all you artistic guys & gals!

Need tee-shirt slogans and artwork.
We have to raise the small money to fund the bigger money events necessary to finance this fight.
Shirts are easy once we have the artwork.
Probably put it on bumper stickers too.
Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:40:30 PM EDT
[#7]
A person can sue on a particular issue to stop it.   

Sent from my iPhone
I sent the bottom part of this to James Settlemeyer and he sent the top part back

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------''-----------''------------------------------------------------
The Background petition has gained enough support to possibly be put on the ballot in 2016. It has been brought to light that some of the signees were strong armed into signing this petition and since Bloomberg is involved in this I'm sure that the law has been twisted in a way to help make this happen.

So my question to you is how can you stop this from being voted on.

As you well know we already have background checks on Arms purchases and this will not stop the Criminals from obtaining a Weapon. I personally do not want to become a criminal for picking up a friends gun or passing mine down to family members because there was not a background check done at the time.

This is leading to Gun confiscation and we need to nip it at the bud now.

Link Posted: 12/1/2014 9:56:56 PM EDT
[#8]
A suit is possible but I think we already lost one of those?
$$$$

Strategy and tactics, NVFAC is gearing up.
OPSEC, so cannot say too much on the forum.

This has to be a group effort, and easier to do the earlier we organize.
PM or email to get involved.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 2:58:26 AM EDT
[#9]
For those who haven't seen it, it appears there is a problem with the Storey county signatures which, if the letter of the law is followed, would invalidate them:

http://www.nvfac.org/Portals/0/documents/SOS-Invalidate-Petition.pdf
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 3:20:19 AM EDT
[#10]
I would not hold my breath waiting for Miller to uphold the law as written!

I seem to recall him taking sides in support of  SB221 and other anti-RKBA bills during the 2013 legislative session.
He does not adhere to the state Gov. "Separation of powers" , he does not maintain the  neutrality of his office as law enforcers rather than law makers.

We dodged a bullet when he lost his latest election bid.

We can plan on having to take this to court.
Court is expensive, so the fundraising effort has to support more than one battle as we may still have to fend off the 2015 Bloom-turd ballot attack.
Not certain of the time frame here to file suit, but I expect we will have to raise funds quickly.
I have a significant item to donate to the cause, probably not allowed to say exactly what on this forum as it might be taken as an "Ad".
But it is NFA and very quiet.
Link Posted: 12/2/2014 4:25:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
For those who haven't seen it, it appears there is a problem with the Storey county signatures which, if the letter of the law is followed, would invalidate them:

View Quote

It has made the news and the papers. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

The deception, by the signature gatherers, is the worst part of this. People had no idea what they were signing anyways.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It has made the news and the papers. It will be interesting to see how this goes.

The deception, by the signature gatherers, is the worst part of this. People had no idea what they were signing anyways.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep, just hoping that the powers that be will see it that way.
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 10:11:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I wonder where they were collecting signatures.  It seems like every time I go to the DMV, someone is looking for signatures for some gun rights group I haven't heard of.  I asked the girl there one day specifically what were they petitioning for, and didn't get any straight answers, so I didn't sign.  Wonder if this was one of their shills.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2014 11:21:38 PM EDT
[#14]
I know that there was a fair amount of documented fraudulent activity.
As mentioned in another post, here in Douglas county at least one was telling voters on election day that they HAD to sign the petition before they could vote!
They were made to leave by the sheriff's office, but how many signatures did they get from that tactic first?
How many early voters got the same BS and fell for it?
If they pulled that here they certainly did the same and worse in other area's.

What if anything, ever happened on the three that tried to strong-arm an off-duty cop and his family for signatures?

I hope NVFAC has been able to collect a lot more of these instances.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Bumping this, need to raise funds for the PAC, NOW!

Lawsuits are expensive, our side are not billionaires.
Link Posted: 12/11/2014 10:09:23 PM EDT
[#16]
December 10, 2014
Mr. Ross Miller, Secretary of State
Nevada State Capitol Building
101 North Carson Street, Suite 3
Carson City, NV 89701
RE: Violations of State Law NRS 295.056, NRS 295.0575 and Chapter 295 NAC regarding
“Notice of Sufficiency of Petition The Background Check Initiative”
Dear Secretary of State Miller;
On November 25, 2014 we sent you a registered letter and an electronic letter informing you of
violations of Nevada State laws regarding violations of state law regarding the filing of the
background check initiative petition.
To date we have not received a response from your office. We wonder why your office has not
responded to our information, and why it appears to have been ignored.
Despite being informed of violations of state law regarding this petition, on December 8, 2014,
your office under the signature of Scott F. Gilles, Deputy Secretary of Elections declared
sufficiency of signatures for the initiative.
On page two of that document, you accepted the signatures from Lander and Storey Counties.
The Notice of Sufficiency was completed in disregard for violations of state law (NRS 295.056,
NRS 295.0575 and Chapter NAC 295.020.3(a).
NRS 295.056.5 states in part: ..If documents concerning the same petition are submitted for
verification to more than one county clerk, the documents must be submitted to each county clerk
on the same day.
NAC 295.020.3(a) states in part: 3. Any document of a petition may consist of more than one
page. If a document consists of more than one page: (a) Each page, including a blank signature
page, must be numbered sequentially, beginning with the number 1 for each document.
Storey County received the ballot petitions on November 13. Lander County received the ballot
petitions on November 14. State law required the ballot petitions to be submitted statewide “onthe same day” of November 12. The dates of their petition receipts were clearly expressed in
writing by the respective county officials, and were obviously past the deadline required by state
statute, yet their failing to meet that deadline was nowhere addressed by your office.
The failure to follow the requirements of two state laws invalidates the petition statewide
according to state law.
Neither Nevada Revised Statutes nor Nevada Administrative Code allows for a county by county
deadline for receipt of petitions. The law is very specific in that matter: All must be filed on the
same day.
It appears that, in spite of knowing that the requirements of state law were not met, your office
still certified the sufficiency of the petition, which also included Storey and Lander County.
We also brought to your attention violations of state law in the nature of the petition filing in
Storey County, wherein the affidavit was sworn before all signatures were obtained. In addition,
several pages of that document were numbered “5 of 8” which is in direct violation of your own
Administrative Code. Yet the certification of sufficiency of petition included Storey County in
disregard of these violations of state law and administrative code.
We have provided your office with documentary evidence that the state laws regarding petition
requirements were violated. Consequently, the “Notice of Sufficiency of Petition The
Background Check Initiative” was issued contrary to state laws and administrative codes and
must be invalidated, and may not be legally presented to the voters.
We respectfully request your office move to immediately invalidate the petition due to its failing
to meet statutory requirements for its success in the petition stage.
Sincerely,
Don Turner
Nevadans For State Gun Rights-PAC
cc: Governor Brian Sandoval
Barbara Cegavske, Secretary of State-Elect
Adam Laxalt, Attorney General-Elect
John Hambrick, Speaker of the Assembly-Elect
Michael Roberson, Senate Majority Leader
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 6:25:11 AM EDT
[#17]
Im in Vegas, I would like to help out however I can.
Link Posted: 12/12/2014 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Going after the date they were received is a pretty weak argument and I can tell you they'll let it pass.  The State assumes a day or two for mail to travel.  If they were mailed on the same day I can't imagine a court judge saying they weren't submitted to each County Clerk on the same day.  You'd have to prove they were not mailed to each county on the same day.  The date the Clerk received them is different than the day they are submitted.

Quoted:
December 10, 2014
Mr. Ross Miller, Secretary of State
Nevada State Capitol Building
101 North Carson Street, Suite 3
Carson City, NV 89701
RE: Violations of State Law NRS 295.056, NRS 295.0575 and Chapter 295 NAC regarding
“Notice of Sufficiency of Petition The Background Check Initiative”
Dear Secretary of State Miller;
On November 25, 2014 we sent you a registered letter and an electronic letter informing you of
violations of Nevada State laws regarding violations of state law regarding the filing of the
background check initiative petition.
To date we have not received a response from your office. We wonder why your office has not
responded to our information, and why it appears to have been ignored.
Despite being informed of violations of state law regarding this petition, on December 8, 2014,
your office under the signature of Scott F. Gilles, Deputy Secretary of Elections declared
sufficiency of signatures for the initiative.
On page two of that document, you accepted the signatures from Lander and Storey Counties.
The Notice of Sufficiency was completed in disregard for violations of state law (NRS 295.056,
NRS 295.0575 and Chapter NAC 295.020.3(a).
NRS 295.056.5 states in part: ..If documents concerning the same petition are submitted for
verification to more than one county clerk, the documents must be submitted to each county clerk
on the same day.
NAC 295.020.3(a) states in part: 3. Any document of a petition may consist of more than one
page. If a document consists of more than one page: (a) Each page, including a blank signature
page, must be numbered sequentially, beginning with the number 1 for each document.
Storey County received the ballot petitions on November 13. Lander County received the ballot
petitions on November 14. State law required the ballot petitions to be submitted statewide “onthe same day” of November 12. The dates of their petition receipts were clearly expressed in
writing by the respective county officials, and were obviously past the deadline required by state
statute, yet their failing to meet that deadline was nowhere addressed by your office.
The failure to follow the requirements of two state laws invalidates the petition statewide
according to state law.
Neither Nevada Revised Statutes nor Nevada Administrative Code allows for a county by county
deadline for receipt of petitions. The law is very specific in that matter: All must be filed on the
same day.
It appears that, in spite of knowing that the requirements of state law were not met, your office
still certified the sufficiency of the petition, which also included Storey and Lander County.
We also brought to your attention violations of state law in the nature of the petition filing in
Storey County, wherein the affidavit was sworn before all signatures were obtained. In addition,
several pages of that document were numbered “5 of 8” which is in direct violation of your own
Administrative Code. Yet the certification of sufficiency of petition included Storey County in
disregard of these violations of state law and administrative code.
We have provided your office with documentary evidence that the state laws regarding petition
requirements were violated. Consequently, the “Notice of Sufficiency of Petition The
Background Check Initiative” was issued contrary to state laws and administrative codes and
must be invalidated, and may not be legally presented to the voters.
We respectfully request your office move to immediately invalidate the petition due to its failing
to meet statutory requirements for its success in the petition stage.
Sincerely,
Don Turner
Nevadans For State Gun Rights-PAC
cc: Governor Brian Sandoval
Barbara Cegavske, Secretary of State-Elect
Adam Laxalt, Attorney General-Elect
John Hambrick, Speaker of the Assembly-Elect
Michael Roberson, Senate Majority Leader
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/12/2014 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#19]
It's been pretty well proven that it all depends on the bias of the SOS.
If this was a conservative initiative it would NOT have been certified.

The skullduggery and outright lies used to gather the signatures should be enough to throw it out.
Mailing dates are one thing, signatures added AFTER notarizing are more of an issue.
Link Posted: 12/16/2014 5:56:46 PM EDT
[#20]
LATEST UPDATE

Nevadans for State Gun Rights
Update - December 12, 2014

Nevadans for State Gun Rights is committed to pursing any and all legal options to oppose former New York Mayor Bloomberg's Nevada gun control initiative. We received word yesterday that the Nevada Secretary of State has reviewed our complaints which identified a clerical error regarding submission dates that has now been corrected, and their certification stands.

We will continue to review the petition signatures for irregularities and verify that the required number were submitted. Upon completion of our review, we will pursue any and all legal options available to us.

Please continue to help us support our efforts as we oppose this initiative during the upcoming legislative session and election. Learn more at http://NevadansForStateGunRights.com
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/23/2014 2:19:27 PM EDT
[#21]
CONSPIRACY to deprive the citizens of constitutional rights!

Guess Gabby Giffords may have always been more an attention whore than sincere "Public Servant".

See this video, it exposes what the anti's are after with Bloom-Turd's help.
Left cold on purpose.
If this sort of scheming bothers you please spread the word.
THIS is what WE will be fighting right here in Nevada.

http://www.2ndaction.org/theyre-now-openly-calling-for-registration/

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top