Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2014 8:48:47 PM EDT
A few military buddies and I are interested in hunting coyotes in our area. Where do you guys go?  Is it legal to hunt with a suppressor?

I'm new to hunting so can anyone advise us with info on rules, location, equipment, etc?
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 11:03:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes you can hunt with a suppressor.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 1:29:03 AM EDT
[#2]
You don't even need a hunting license.

Shoot them at 2AM if you wish.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 12:16:44 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys.  Now anyone have any good areas to go (city,area,gps coord,etc)?  I've scouted some areas in Northern Carson but found only deer up in the hills.  I'll be using my .308 with 175gn SMK (not recommended for hunting) will this be ok for the coyotes?  55 223 FMJ ok?  Do we need to wear some kind orange clothing?  willing to pay to go on someone's property also.  Local (Minden) here states that most coyotes are around where cattle and water are.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 5:58:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Not from the area. Hunt public land around agriculture if possible. 308 will work if not saving hides. Fmj not recommended. NV required no hunter orange period.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 7:49:40 PM EDT
[#5]
Since I don't live down there anymore.
Go east of Fallon to Sand Mtn hang a right and head out into the desert there. Be careful that you don't spring an Ambush the Marines and Seals train out there. My Son found a belt of 50 Cal blanks.

Another place is either side of the Bombing range eastside or westside either one has Coyotes.

The rest is up to you.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 8:28:30 PM EDT
[#6]
I live in sparks.  my ex-wife lost four cats to the yotes and have had two neighbors lose dogs to them, one was being walked on a leash at the time.  Come to my house near costco and kill them all.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#7]
1min 40sec in...
http://youtu.be/mM98lrMPKhM
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 12:18:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Be careful that you don't spring an Ambush the Marines and Seals train out there.
View Quote

D, ask me about this sometime. It's a good story.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 1:08:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Go east of Fallon to Sand Mtn hang a right and head out into the desert there. Be careful that you don't spring an Ambush the Marines and Seals train out there. My Son found a belt of 50 Cal blanks.

Another place is either side of the Bombing range eastside or westside either one has Coyotes.

The rest is up to you.
View Quote

LOL this will be great! I'm going to try to spot them too now I know they are out there!  It's always nice to run into fellow Devildog.  Although, I don't feel comfortable firing live rounds towards their direction. The other guy that is coming with us is from Bridgeport, CA USMC mountain ops training facility. Ill try to have my buddies CO contact the Fallon or Reno USMC det. to avoid conflict.  Haha, they'll probably give us advice on where to go too.

I'd love to go to Sparks and take care of the yotes.  Just making sure that we do it legal and safe.

Thanks for the info guys!  Keep em coming.

Semper Fi,
Johnny
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:55:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Dude I go hunting for Coyotes every year and every year I never get one. But the fun part is just getting some hiking in, staying warm and enjoying the desert. Have fun, save the pelts dude!
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 3:50:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

LOL this will be great! I'm going to try to spot them too now I know they are out there!  It's always nice to run into fellow Devildog.  Although, I don't feel comfortable firing live rounds towards their direction. The other guy that is coming with us is from Bridgeport, CA USMC mountain ops training facility. Ill try to have my buddies CO contact the Fallon or Reno USMC det. to avoid conflict.  Haha, they'll probably give us advice on where to go too.

I'd love to go to Sparks and take care of the yotes.  Just making sure that we do it legal and safe.

Semper Fi,
Johnny
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The rest is up to you.

Semper Fi,
Johnny

It would be neither legal or safe to shoot them near my house.  There is a wetland area about 150 yards across running through the area and the yotes live there in the weeds.  They come out into the neighborhoods at night and pick off any cats or dogs that get left outside at night. The lady across the street was walking her little yap yap dog on a trail between the wetlands and the elementary school.  the yote came out of the weeds, grabbed the dog and ran off.  Middle of the day, kids on the playground and dog on the leash.  I felt bad for her.  Another neighbor a few doors down had one jump their 6 foot fence, eat the dog and jump back over to escape.
Link Posted: 11/20/2014 10:06:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Archery time!

Maybe some of those big-bore air rifles?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top