Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2014 5:34:50 PM EDT
I have a couple dozen books that I want to get rid of. Mainly military, survival fiction and political biographies. I called the reno airport asking if they had a USO but thats a no. Any ideas? If any of you guys want a book or two let me know. I'll get a list going.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 5:55:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Political biographies to your local political party headquarters.

Military, VFW?

Survival fiction, To the Bundy ranch?
Or more seriously, a survival store or gun shop.

If you donate to the local library they will not keep them.
I offered up an entire library of automotive books and was told they would just sell them.
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 6:52:27 PM EDT
[#2]
You might set up a Little Library in front of your house.

Little Library

Think of it as a birdhouse for books.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 6:36:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a couple dozen books that I want to get rid of. Mainly military, survival fiction and political biographies. I called the reno airport asking if they had a USO but thats a no. Any ideas? If any of you guys want a book or two let me know. I'll get a list going.
View Quote

Veterans Guest House, 880 Locust Street • Reno (775) 324-6958

Reno VFW: 255 VFW Historic Lane Phone: (775) 825-7007

Any coffee shop with a take one leave one bookshelf.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 3:42:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Take them to the used bookstore and sell them for some cash dude.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 8:56:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Hospitals. Many have patients that due to concern of contamination can provide books to patients with infectious diseases but can't take them back.
Link Posted: 11/28/2014 10:14:07 PM EDT
[#6]
pick your favorite unit, navy ship, or deployed area. post office has a special rate for books. mail them there.
I remember always looking for something new to read when deployed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top