Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/5/2014 4:50:01 PM EDT
If you guys take a few seconds to look at these maps it will blow your mind what they are trying to do here!

BLM trying to restrict our access to 280,000 acres in Southern Nevada!

Giving them restrictive control of more than 3 million acres of public land in Clark County and the southern end of Nye County!

More from the BLM

They are pushing for plan #3 - Currently we are under Plan #1.
See the difference HERE

Please at the very least send an email to this address [email protected] and state:
 "I Am Against Any Revision To The Las Vegas Resource Management Plan (RMP) That Restricts OHV Travel."

You can also rip them apart in person by attending a meeting:
The public meetings for the Draft Resource Management Plan/Environmental Impact Statement will be held in following locations:

Monday, November 3, 2014 – Laughlin Library, 2840 South Needles Hwy, Laughlin, NV 89029

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 – James I. Gibson Library, 100 W. Lake Mead Parkway, Henderson, NV 89105

Thursday, November 6, 2014 – Amargosa Valley Community Center, 821 E. Farm Road, Amargosa Valley, NV 89020

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 – Las Vegas Library, 833 Las Vegas Blvd North, Las Vegas, NV 89101

Thursday, November 13, 2014 – Bob Rudd Community Center, 150 N State Route (Highway) 160, Pahrump, NV 89048

The public meetings will be held from 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. on the day of each scheduled meeting. The meetings will be an open house format where participants can ask questions and visit various resource stations, with formal presentations at 3:15 p.m., 4:15 p.m., 5:15 p.m., and 6:15 p.m. Court reporters and comment forms will be available for submission of public comments.
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:33:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Sad that we have to look outside our own country to find out what's going on.
"Our" news sources continue to ignore all non-PC viewpoints.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/67150
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:40:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 5:51:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Email sent, I'll try to be at the 11/12 meeting as well.

John
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#4]
So I went to the meeting tonight and it's way worse than I thought.

They have direction from Washington D.C. to "Designate" all roads and trails.

Look at this link
https://www.blm.gov/epl-front-office/projects/lup/2900/50735/55233/Off_Highway_Vehicle_Designations.pdf
notice on "Alternative 1" (Current Status) map there is dark blue under the legend that is the symbol for...
"Limited to existing Roads, Trails, and Dry Washes"

Now look at the other 3 Alternatives being proposed. There is NO symbol for areas that legally allow for OHV use on "....  existing Roads, Trails, and Dry Washes"

They are proposing this change, to all the areas and now identifying them as ... "Limited To Designated Routes"

So basically the BLM will tell us what routes they designate we can travel.

Think they have lots of trails mapped, think again. The BLM rep told me to just send him my GPX files so he can identify the trail - now just think about that for a second.

I spent close to 3 hours arguing with the BLM reps as to why they wouldn't just propose closing specific trails that posed an environmental impact. I eventually got them to admit that this was a directive from Washington and they have to follow it.

So we need to fight this or risk losing EVERY SINGLE TRAIL if they don't specifically designate it.

Contact them and tell them you want Alternative #1 to remain in effect because it specifically allows OHV use  "Limited to existing Roads, Trails, and Dry Washes"

Do something, get involved, don't just ignore this!
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 6:27:52 PM EDT
[#5]

Update:
We really need arfcom army to jump in here and start firing emails to LEE KIRK....... mailto:[email protected] and tell them:

"Alternative #1 is the only plan that continues to allow use of EXISTING Roads, Trails and Dry Washes. For that reason, Alternative #1 is the only plan I Support."

The more you can change up the wording the better, they openly admit they discount Form Letters, Vague Statements, and replies that just Vote for or against.

BLM is attempting to change the designation of most of the land from OHV travel  "Limited to Existing Roads, Trails, and Dry Washes" (Current Status),
to the proposed status which is classified as "Limited to Designated Routes".

If you guys take a few seconds to look at these maps it will blow your mind what they are trying to do here! Possibly Payback for Bundy ranch incedent, IDK?

BLM trying to restrict our access to 280,000 acres in Southern Nevada!

Giving them restrictive control of more than 3 million acres of public land in Clark County and the southern end of Nye County!

More from the BLM

They are pushing for plan #3 - Currently we are under Plan #1.
See the difference HERE

Please at the very least send an email to this address [email protected] and state:
 "I Am Against Any Revision To The Las Vegas Resource Management Plan (RMP) That Restricts OHV Travel."

You can also rip them apart in person by attending a meeting:
The public meetings for the Draft Resource Management Plan/Environmental Impact Statement will be held in following locations:

Monday, November 3, 2014 – Laughlin Library, 2840 South Needles Hwy, Laughlin, NV 89029

Wednesday, November 5, 2014 – James I. Gibson Library, 100 W. Lake Mead Parkway, Henderson, NV 89105

Thursday, November 6, 2014 – Amargosa Valley Community Center, 821 E. Farm Road, Amargosa Valley, NV 89020

Wednesday, November 12, 2014 – Las Vegas Library, 833 Las Vegas Blvd North, Las Vegas, NV 89101

Thursday, November 13, 2014 – Bob Rudd Community Center, 150 N State Route (Highway) 160, Pahrump, NV 89048

The public meetings will be held from 3 p.m. - 7 p.m. on the day of each scheduled meeting. The meetings will be an open house format where participants can ask questions and visit various resource stations, with formal presentations at 3:15 p.m., 4:15 p.m., 5:15 p.m., and 6:15 p.m. Court reporters and comment forms will be available for submission of public comments.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 6:40:31 PM EDT
[#6]
email sent.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Pinky Reid did this to the north several years ago with the "Black Rock Wilderness and NCA".
BLM has gone so far as to set up hidden cameras to record violations.
Despite the fact that in several areas the boundaries they are enforcing are incorrect, and not just by a few feet.

We fought this in No. Nevada, I was told by Reid staffers at the time that I need not be concerned with it as it was "too late in the legislative session for it to pass".
Three days later Pinky amended it into a "MUST PASS" last minute spending bill, buried about a hundred pages down.
He robbed us of No. Nevada Geothermal, mining, and recreation opportunities.
I've never forgiven him and I still push for repeal at every opportunity.

Do write to BLM, it will take a massive amount of outrage to even slow them down as to them our comments are usually just a formality.
We need to think of this in terms similar to SB-221, the conceit, arm twisting and threats will be the same sort of one sided affair with Sierra Club, Earth First, etc. playing the part of Justin Jones.

So it will be very necessary to write our governor, state reps, congressman and senator as well.
I would also include the relevant county commissioners, business org's, etc.

Some may remember that I warned of this sort of land grab in the past and pled for preemptive action, so I TOLD YOU SO!
Yes this one is punitive but if it were not the Bundy's standing up for themselves another excuse would be found.
Punishing the Bundy Ranch and supportive folk just gets more of the thugocracy on board faster.
Link Posted: 11/6/2014 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#8]
email sent.
Link Posted: 11/8/2014 3:40:19 AM EDT
[#9]
For state reps Don Gustavson would be the man to start with.
His district covers about half the state and he's a real conservative.
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:14:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Can Joe Heck be of any help on this?
After last tuesday, maybe he feels like he owes us one!
Link Posted: 11/10/2014 7:32:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can Joe Heck be of any help on this? After last tuesday, maybe he feels like he owes us one!
View Quote

Every state rep "Can" help.
The state legislature can fight this, the governor can fight it, but will they?
Probably ONLY if we make it too hot an issue to ignore!
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:04:02 PM EDT
[#12]
We're not too happy about it out here in Pahrump.  The BLM was supposed to hold a public hearing on it, but cancelled, which infuriated the locals even more.

http://pvtimes.com/news/land-activists-rally-after-feds-cancel-meeting.html

According to the article, Gov. Sandoval's rep says its a federal matter, and won't intervene.  That needs to change.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 11/15/2014 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Taking even MORE of Nevada out of the public domain is a "Federal matter" for which he will not intervene?
This illustrates why I do not want Sandoval trying to take pinky Reid's place in the senate.
In addition to the negatives of his abandoning yet another public post before the term is up.
Which might be enough all by itself to ensure that he loses.

I want a senator who actually represents Nevada, not just another big gov beltway politician.
If Sandoval runs in 2016 we need to draft some one to beat him in the primary.

This latest land grab has to become a major issue at the 2015 legislature.
Then Sandoval will follow the prevailing wind and claim credit as it being his idea all along.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:43:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I want a senator who actually represents Nevada, not just another big gov beltway politician.
If Sandoval runs in 2016 we need to draft some one to beat him in the primary.
View Quote

LOL maybe we can get Angle to run again. This is the best chance to finally send Reid into retirement and you seriously post this? Your midterm high will wear off soon.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 1:52:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Sandoval is not nearly so popular as some would like to think, or as the media portrays him.
He's shown himself to be RINO material several times.
With two years to go finding a better candidate should be very possible.
I'm actually nervous about what he supports and vetoes in the next legislative session.
If he makes a show of "Reaching Out", and "Taking the middle ground" in prep for the 2016 senate race we may get screwed on bills we should have won.
I do not trust him  much, and his "Fed issue" comment here only reinforces my distrust.
Link Posted: 11/16/2014 7:39:54 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
We're not too happy about it out here in Pahrump.  The BLM was supposed to hold a public hearing on it, but cancelled, which infuriated the locals even more.

http://pvtimes.com/news/land-activists-rally-after-feds-cancel-meeting.html

According to the article, Gov. Sandoval's rep says its a federal matter, and won't intervene.  That needs to change.

Best,
JBR
View Quote

They canceled the meeting in Pahrump because we took over the meeting the night before in Las Vegas. BLM feared the Pahrump venue was to small and wants to reschedule it.
The guys from SNORE and BITD gathered together a good number of seriously upset OHV users. Check out pics at the end of this thread here: RACEDEZERT
The SNORE association printed orange t-shirts and we all put them on before going into the meeting. It's fair to say are presence and disapproval was clearly demonstrated.

The BLM is far outside the bounds of demonstrating good stewardship  with these new proposals.
Channel 8 news was at the last Vegas meeting and did some good reporting on it.

If you value freedom at all, you will take the time out of your busy life to look at this issue and GET INVOLVED.
Link Posted: 11/17/2014 12:10:49 PM EDT
[#17]
With this being past the meetings and having already sent emails, what else can we do? Serious question. I want to do my part.
Link Posted: 11/18/2014 9:42:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
With this being past the meetings and having already sent emails, what else can we do? Serious question. I want to do my part.
View Quote

Go to their site BLM

On the left side of the page are categories ,
Click on "Documents and Reports"

The new page will have the various RMP research and background.

You will see towards the top, the new document listed:
"Draft Resource Management Plan and Environmental Impact Statement" Click on this.
The website makes it extremely easy to submit comments.
1. You simply highlight the area of txt you want to comment on.
2. At the top of the page there is txt "Click Here To Submit Comments" , with your text highlighted, click this.
3. Follow the directions and populate the boxes.
4. Submit your comment. Do one at a time because it will reset the page after 60min.
5. PRINT your comment submission, so they can't pull a fast one and say they never received it.

That's it, if you have a little time it's actually fun picking apart their study based on facts easily obtained on the internet, through news reports and good old fashioned common sense.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:35:46 PM EDT
[#19]
So I've started composing my letter.
I immediately found it awkward that this has no easily stated title or bill number,
Pretty certain that congressional offices do not like to open links, and a link appears to be the only title available without typing or copying an entire page.
Letters need to be kept short, hard to do if you need a whole page just to explain what issue you are referencing!

Just one more way BLM makes it difficult to resist their agenda.
Link Posted: 11/19/2014 6:56:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I immediately found it awkward that this has no easily stated title or bill number,
Pretty certain that congressional offices do not like to open links, and a link appears to be the only title available without typing or copying an entire page.
Letters need to be kept short, hard to do if you need a whole page just to explain what issue you are referencing!

View Quote

"Re: BLM Land Grab / 20 New Proposed ACECs"

Short and sweet.

Best,
JBR
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 1:10:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what it is called, use this as a reference in your letters: LAS VEGAS BLM RMP
The RMP stands for Resource Management Plan

The RMP has Four (4) separate Alternate plans, they all differ slightly.
Plan #1 is what WE want, it keeps the status quo.
Plan #3 is what the BLM wants and it will be horrible for NV.

A good technical reason for supporting Alternate #1 is that the BLM did not incorporate the citizens comments gathered during the BLM 2010 scoping period.

Here is a link to the scoping report from 2010.
BLM 2010 Scoping Report

The BLM blatantly ignored the public comments and drafted plans that support radical environmental protection and renewable energy companies. In turn we lose access to our roads, trails and shooting areas.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top