Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2014 5:20:17 PM EDT

I'll be at the Crossroads show this weekend, slinging steel targets. Anyone planning on coming down to watch neckbeards with me?

I'll have a bunch of my new dueling tree on hand, rifle rated right out of the box, 4-8 paddles, armored base available. I may have a couple of the older pistol rated ones to blow out as well, but they'll only be the four paddle version.

http://www.moatargets.com/ar500-steel-reactive-targets/showdown-ar500-steel-dueling-tree-target

Link Posted: 10/7/2014 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey NV, I'll be there Sunday, haven't been for 3 year...I'm so excited
Link Posted: 10/8/2014 1:22:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Hey NV, I'll be there Sunday, haven't been for 3 year...I'm so excited
View Quote

I have been told that meeting me is pretty damn exciting.

Make sure you let me know your screen name when you show up, so I can put a face with the avatar.

Better yet, wear your avatar as a shirt!

Link Posted: 10/11/2014 8:59:12 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey Mr excitement what row are you on?
Link Posted: 10/11/2014 5:56:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Long velcro wall, 2/3 of the way down. Behind the giant red magazine signs.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 1:46:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Anything interesting there?  It's just the little Crossroads show, I know, but...  

SIG AMT at Cabelas, I noticed BTW.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 4:13:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Anything interesting there?  It's just the little Crossroads show, I know, but...  

View Quote

Got a source for reasonable SIG AMT magazines?  It's an intriguing rifle...
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 6:08:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Uh uh, I do not. ~3000 AMT rifles and maybe five times that many magazines out there.  They think.  American market import only, so it's not as if an avalanche of 7.62x51 AMT mags is ever going to appear out of nowhere and crash the magazine market like the million-plus Hk G3 aluminum mags did.

Any rare bird rifle, we'll just have to be content with having maybe three full capacity mags and the sporty five-rounder I guess.  Maybe you could try turning FAL mags into AMT mags...

If you want that AMT at Cabelas, they want $6500 for it.   Pfft.
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 8:39:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

View Quote
I was busy enough telling lies to neckbeards that I didn't get to really shop around. Lots of t-shirt vendors. Miwall has has good ammo prices still. Same as the last few shows.

Link Posted: 10/12/2014 4:27:44 PM EDT
[#9]
What's a neckbeard?
Link Posted: 10/12/2014 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#10]
http://www.reddit.com/r/justneckbeardthings
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:18:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Uh uh, I do not. ~3000 AMT rifles and maybe five times that many magazines out there.  They think.  American market import only, so it's not as if an avalanche of 7.62x51 AMT mags is ever going to appear out of nowhere and crash the magazine market like the million-plus Hk G3 aluminum mags did.

Any rare bird rifle, we'll just have to be content with having maybe three full capacity mags and the sporty five-rounder I guess.  Maybe you could try turning FAL mags into AMT mags...

View Quote

The SIG only comes with one mag and the research I did after I checked it out told me the mags were nearly unobtainium.  
Since I like a minimum of 7-10 mags for my pre-89's I just don't see me picking it up.
Beretta AR-70 mags used to be impossible to find as well, and when you did find one you could expect to pay upwards of $175 each...now DSA has a large supply and ships them out the door for about $65.
I have it on good authority the price on the SIG AMT at Cabelas is highly negotiable.  Make a crazy offer...its been there awhile, they just might go for it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 2:30:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The SIG only comes with one mag and the research I did after I checked it out told me the mags were nearly unobtainium.  
Since I like a minimum of 7-10 mags for my pre-89's I just don't see me picking it up.
Beretta AR-70 mags used to be impossible to find as well, and when you did find one you could expect to pay upwards of $175 each...now DSA has a large supply and ships them out the door for about $65.
I have it on good authority the price on the SIG AMT at Cabelas is highly negotiable.  Make a crazy offer...its been there awhile, they just might go for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is it with you two and odd guns

If you are interested in the AMT pm me and I will let you know who to talk to. Nothing super secret but it is amazing how wide the Arfnet is
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:13:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

They just don't make 'em like they used to.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 4:25:10 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Sure says a lot for the classic 1920s-1950s trend of designing box magazine fed semi-auto arms to be reloadable by stripper clips rather than needing to tote around a whole shitload of individual magazines.

Too bad even the Swiss designs moved away from it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 1:43:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank goodness for that

Why don't you guys buy a couple front stuffers and go chase some gray coats around. Stripper clips some people's children
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:50:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

If you are interested in the AMT pm me and I will let you know who to talk to. Nothing super secret but it is amazing how wide the Arfnet is
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't you just get a four day weekend...or are you already looking forward to getting up at 3:30am tomorrow morning for work.  I hope you toss and turn tonight while dreaming about your commute ya big whiner!  
I've already chatted with Captain Cabelas, your not-so-secret source at the world's foremost outfitters.  We fondled the SIG together and lamented the fact it only came out of Cali with one magazine.

Link Posted: 10/13/2014 5:58:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Thank goodness for that

Why don't you guys buy a couple frint stuffers and go chase some gray coats around. Stripper clips some people's children
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank goodness for that

Why don't you guys buy a couple frint stuffers and go chase some gray coats around. Stripper clips some people's children

Hey there...I'm no fan of stripper clips.  My tender thumbs bruise too easily trying to load with those damn things.  
I just like seeing some different designs out at the range every once in a while.  
Honestly, aren't you bored with every Tom, Dick, and Harry having an uber tacticool AR-15.  Even 80 year old fudds are sporting them now.  
Makes me yawn...like you...at 4am...tomorrow...sleep tight big boy.  
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 6:35:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Lol captain cabelas, I am totally using that next time.

Yes I am on my government approved four day weekend thank goodness for mr columbus. I would love to be retired like you but wasnt born lucky and its 4:00 not 3:30 when I wake up
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Thank goodness for that

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank goodness for that

I had to Google 'Frint Stuffers' but it magically came up with 'Front Stuffers'.

Reminds me that I have a .75 Doglock blunderbuss kit I need to build.  

I'll be at the far end of the range wearing the powdered wig and tricorn cap shouting "What HO, sir!?  Have AT you sir!" shooting Mitch's plates with 1200-grain hardened steel bearings from behind a earthen berm.

Don't even try to pretend you don't want to shoot it at the next NVHTF meet.
Link Posted: 10/13/2014 7:56:40 PM EDT
[#20]
As long as it involves shooting steel at Mitch's targets you know I'm in
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:16:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
As long as it involves shooting steel at Mitch's targets you know I'm in
View Quote

As long as it involves watching SOMEONE ELSE shooting steel at Mitch's targets - good times

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:39:46 AM EDT
[#22]
I want to launch a steel target THROUGH one of Mitch's steel targets.

... Just kidding.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:21:52 AM EDT
[#23]
What's the AMT marked at?

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#24]

In the spirit of getting on the launching steel at my targets bandwagon, I've revived my bowling ball cannon project.        

While bowling balls, like most of you, aren't very hard or sharp, I've got plans for an alternative load. Here in the near future, I'll finish carving up my sheet of 1" AR500. I plan to torch the skeleton into roughly 1" cubes.

1" cube, AR500 grape shot. From an 8" bore.

Come at me, Bro.

Link Posted: 10/14/2014 1:11:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

As stated above, the SIG AMT at Cabelas is selling for $6500.00.  Like most used/consignment guns at Cabelas, price is negotiable.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:17:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

As stated above, the SIG AMT at Cabelas is selling for $6500.00.  Like most used/consignment guns at Cabelas, price is negotiable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty sure by what I have been told they will take 5k for it.
Link Posted: 10/14/2014 5:52:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My offer is $1202.00 at this time.  

Cash money.
Link Posted: 11/1/2014 9:59:55 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Cash money.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cash money.
Oh, they would take less then $5k for it.

Link Posted: 11/1/2014 11:34:21 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Cash money.

And they did take less than 5k
Link Posted: 11/5/2014 2:50:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Hey Arashi...are congrats in order?
If so, we demand pics!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top