User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
So how'd the class go for you?
Link Posted: 11/23/2014 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#2]
I really liked it, provided another perspective on shooting. Skill wise I learned some and reinforced some.

The quick: I would do it again and suggest it to others. My regret is taking the 2 day and not the 4 day practical rifle. There were some additional things and time pressure in th 4 day I know I missed out on.

I edited the first post and will add a detailed AAR for the pistol and rifle courses taken so far.
Link Posted: 11/26/2014 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry I didn't get your PM and meet up at sign in or lunch or something...maybe next time. :)

I agree with you on the 2-day vs 4-day thing...always take the 4-day. I made that determination when I took a 2-day shotgun class back in the day, because I had a certificate for only a 2 day class (before I had memberships).

As for the ropes/rappelling class, we really liked it.  My GF wanted to take the class even though she is afraid of heights.  I said I would do it too, to reinforce her interest in training, but I'm WAY afraid of heights too.  I had a hard time climbing up the ladder to my 2nd story roof line to install a ham antenna not long ago.

Turns out though, since I'm so analytical in my thinking, that once I'm attached to a rope or zip line, I'm almost fearless.  Probably only pushed a 4 or 5 on the o-shit-o-meter the first time up the 50' tower and maybe a 3 riding the zip line (first time for me riding a zip line ever).

The skills and knots given are well thought out, as all the FS classes are.  It's somewhat physically demanding, but not overly so.  My abs were sore by day 2 from "crunching" to keep upright on the rope while hanging from the rig.

We both graduated, but think we will go back and take the skill builder next year once it starts to warm back up, going for a DG in the class. :)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top