Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/18/2014 6:18:02 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:13:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Someone posted these on another site, Lockheed Martin posted them on their Instagram account. The U2 and SR-71 have alot of history in Nevada, I'm not sure if these pics are in Nevada or at Palmdale but I thought they were cool anyways.....

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15404/68795.JPG

http://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/15404/68797.JPG
View Quote

I saw the sr71 at an air show in Cali shortly after it's declassification. Crazy bird. Damn thing leaks fuel when its on the ground. Seals up tight when at high altitude. And crazy F-ing fast. Quiet too.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:27:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 7:50:13 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to work with Air Force on U2 missions. That was ridiculously good duty.  Very cool stuf.
Link Posted: 9/18/2014 11:03:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I worked with a guy years ago that had worked at the test site with the SR 71.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 8:35:49 PM EDT
[#5]
One or more of those pics might have been done at Beale AFB.
Link Posted: 9/19/2014 11:03:25 PM EDT
[#6]
First off I have no idea what instagram is
Second, those pictures are obviously phony or from some other country, because, we're a nation of harsh words and "better not", we'll not buy your camel dung in large quantities anymore..
And have no need for such dominant equipment, so we'll just sing rap and hope for the best or at least fairness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top