Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/13/2014 4:15:12 PM EDT

Anyone out there have any comments, reviews, or thoughts on a gunsmith up in Moundhouse by the name of Gene Shuey ?        

Thanks........
                                                                      BD
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 5:59:01 PM EDT
[#1]
I know Gene.

His work is excellent, his wait times are a bit lengthy.

John Indell is a gunsmith in his shop as well

G

ETA...grammar/spelling
Link Posted: 9/13/2014 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#2]

G...............
 Met you at the first HTF get together at the Carson City Range.
If you say he's good, then THAT'S good enough for me !

Thanks
                                                                                      BD

Link Posted: 9/13/2014 8:24:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Awww...shucks!

Thanks for the compliment, BD.

Not sure what you need done, but I have had my 1911s, my Browning Hi-Power and a few others worked on at that shop.

Just remember, and this is what I tell everyone...when you are getting custom stuff done to your gun, factor in the waiting.

Most good gunsmiths are generally backed up for months, sometimes years.

Lastly, it is my understanding that Gene is semi-retired...so factor that in.

As I mentioned he does have another full-time gunsmith there, John Indell.

John is a friend and a very competent gunsmith, you will be happy with the results either way.

Give them a call and arrange a visit, bring'em your iron and have them give you a quote...they are a fairly easy shop to do business with.

Keep The High Ground,

G

Link Posted: 9/14/2014 1:16:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I have heard good things as well, including from Tussey's daughter.
Link Posted: 9/14/2014 8:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Gene Shuey is an excellent gunsmith and a great friend!  
Little known facts:
He RO'ed me on my very first USPSA/IPSC stage and threatened to DQ me for unsafe shooting when I finished the stage...I went faster on the next stage.  
He is also a former Mr. America (1960)... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mr-America-Weider-Bodybuilding-Weightlifting-Magazine-Gene-Shuey-July-1961-G-/281436286844  and appeared in Muscle Beach Party with Annette Funicelo.  
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0795587/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top