Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2014 1:40:35 AM EDT
Is it ok to carry my edc xdm40 on my deer hunt?

Mind you I am carrying my Winchester model 70-270. Reason I ask is I don't feel confident in using the rifle at close range should I get attacked by a mountain lion etc.

Is there a capacity limit for such a situation
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 2:23:11 AM EDT
[#1]
I CC every time I hunt birds and have the game warden hasn't ever said anything about it when I had him my license
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:16:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Mind you I am carrying my Winchester model 70-270. Reason I ask is I don't feel confident in using the rifle at close range should I get attacked by a mountain lion etc.

View Quote

Yes. But I wouldn't get to worried about being attacked by a cougar....unless you're in Vegas.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 11:24:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool, thanks guys. Would rather have it and not need it than, well you know.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:07:35 PM EDT
[#4]
There is no reason not to carry it but you seriously think something might attack you while huntin.

Those Werbunnies can get vicious I guess.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:12:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes. But I wouldn't get to worried about being attacked by a cougar....unless you're in Vegas.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/9/2014 12:50:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is no reason not to carry it but you seriously think something might attack you while huntin.

View Quote

Badgers, saw one last year. Werebunnies are a concern, Monty Python x10. Also had to put a gutshot deer down once with my rifle and it's awkward at close range.(no irons)
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 1:09:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 4:27:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Actually ANYTHING rabid is a concern.
As I recall reading it's Coyotes that bite the most people in Nevada.
I've had a damn RAT stand up on it's hind legs and challenge me, hissing like a snake!
.45 acp took care of that.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 5:04:39 PM EDT
[#9]
One area you may want to look at is the archery regulations. I carry anyways, but there are rules about carrying firearms.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 8:58:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Badgers, saw one last year. Werebunnies are a concern, Monty Python x10. Also had to put a gutshot deer down once with my rifle and it's awkward at close range.(no irons)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've shot lots of badgers with handguns. Never had one try to come after me. Lions are everywhere but you aren't likely to see one. In 20 years and thousands of hours in the mountains I have seen only three. I didn't use to worry about them until I walked under one on a ledge. I didn't know it was there until it knocked some gravel down. When I looked up it growled at me and my hunting partner shot it. Always pay attention to your surroundings.
Link Posted: 9/9/2014 10:54:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Last time a local cat ate anyone they were jogging.

In Colorado one got a wanna-be track star during after school practice.

In So. Cal a few years ago there was a cat going after mountain bikers, one or two dead as near as I recall.

Exercise kills!
Link Posted: 9/10/2014 12:16:38 PM EDT
[#12]
I think there are restriction on carry when hunting archery and maybe with black powder but for a rife hunt you should be gtg.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top