Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2014 10:04:46 PM EDT
Has anyone seen pistol powders up North?  I've only found 1 lb of WSF and most of my loads were WST.  I found a suitable load using WSF for 40 but in general it doesn't seem as though pistol powders are available up here.  I even passed on buying Varget, RL10, 15, 17, and a lot of IMR powders since I don't shoot rifle and didn't feel the need to stockpile powders I don't have loads developed for.  I've been checking Sportsmans Warehouse in Carson on Fridays but haven't seen any pistol powders on their list in a while.
Link Posted: 8/28/2014 11:33:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Scheels had quite an assortment of pistol powder today. Cabela's had HP38 yesterday.

I just got 17 pounds of Power Pistol at $17/pound through a friend
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:07:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Bear Bullets, Gardnerville.

It's what he does, and no gouging.
Open Thursday  - Sunday.
392-3213
Link Posted: 8/29/2014 12:30:50 AM EDT
[#3]
What pistol powders are you looking for?
Link Posted: 8/30/2014 1:26:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What pistol powders are you looking for?
View Quote

Titegroup (friend looking for this)

Most of my loads were Winchester 231 and I've only been able to find the one pound of WSF which apparently works for a lot of calibers also but anything for 38/40/45.  I'd like an 8 lb supply but since pistol powder goes much further than rifle powder a couple pounds would be nice so I could crank out 1000+ rounds.  It just seems like I need to start shooting rifle while waiting for pistol powder to come back into stock.  Heck, I was at sportsmans today and me and another guy both passed on varget, any RL powder, imr 3031 and a couple others and I looked at him and said "You're looking for pistol powder aren't you?  You passed on buying Varget."
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top