Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2014 12:00:34 AM EDT
I'm looking to get into the NFA game sooner rather than later and would prefer to go the trust route.  Who do you all use for your trusts and how much should I expect to pay?  I would prefer somebody in the Reno area but I suppose anybody that knows NV law and can help with the process will do.  I'm hesitant to go through one of the cheaper online outlets but also don't really want to spend $600.  Any help is appreciated.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 12:06:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Quicken Willmaker notarized by a banker at Wells Fargo. Been using it for 10 years and have that many NFA items with no hassle.
Software was free and the notary was free, don't believe the hype and save yourself the cost of at lest 3 stamps.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:19:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Cedric Anderson did mine for about $300.  He's in South Reno. Was very thoroughly prepared.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:45:34 AM EDT
[#3]
OP,

Attorney Ben Bunker

Nevada NFA Trust attorney statewide.

$199.00 flat.

Hope this helps.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 10:21:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP,

Attorney Ben Bunker

Nevada NFA Trust attorney statewide.

$199.00 flat.

Hope this helps.
View Quote

This is the only person I've ever seen recommended.  For $200 you get a lawyer preparing your documents and I've heard he is pretty quick about getting everything filed. Check out his website.  I don't have NFA yet but this is who will be doing my paperwork.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 1:10:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I suggest anyone thinking of setting up an NFA Trust keep 41P in mind.
41P is ATF's intended plan to radically alter the Trust/LLC process.

It would already have been implemented if it were not for that pesky constitution and states rights thing.

Here is a somewhat dated link with some details, http://americansuppressorassociation.com/an-update-on-41p/
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quicken Willmaker notarized by a banker at Wells Fargo. Been using it for 10 years and have that many NFA items with no hassle.
Software was free and the notary was free, don't believe the hype and save yourself the cost of at lest 3 stamps.
View Quote

This is what I did as well. But the Quicken software cost a $30 iirc.
Link Posted: 8/24/2014 11:26:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I suggest anyone thinking of setting up an NFA Trust keep 41P in mind.
41P is ATF's intended plan to radically alter the Trust/LLC process.

It would already have been implemented if it were not for that pesky constitution and states rights thing.

Here is a somewhat dated link with some details, http://americansuppressorassociation.com/an-update-on-41p/
View Quote

I haven't set up a trust BECAUSE of the yet-to-be-finalized judgement on NFA trusts.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 12:32:45 PM EDT
[#8]
I appreciate the responses and will definitely keep 41P in mind.  Do you think NFA items held by a trust, should 41P become law, would still be able to be held by the trust (just can't add anymore items) or would they need to be transferred to an actual person ($200 tax + CLEO + bg check)?
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 1:44:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I appreciate the responses and will definitely keep 41P in mind.  Do you think NFA items held by a trust, should 41P become law, would still be able to be held by the trust (just can't add anymore items) or would they need to be transferred to an actual person ($200 tax + CLEO + bg check)?
View Quote

That is a subject of much debate, many pages worth.
Even actual lawyers cannot agree.
The main thrust of 41P is to require that EVERY person named in a Trust or LLc as having access to the weapons must undergo a fingerprint-background check.
Which is impractical for some large entities.

The other point is that it appears that ATF wants to discourage the use of Trust/LLc's by making them as or more awkward than the normal routine.

41P may never happen due to it's trampling of states rights.
Each state sets their own corporate law, 41P attempts to override those laws directly from a Fed. "Regulatory" (Not legislative) agency, without participation of congress.
The underlying "Reason" for the 41P proposal is BS, it's just a pretext, there is no legitimate problem being addressed.
It's really an effort to discourage and diminish NFA ownership, a Right certain factions of government want quashed.
Link Posted: 8/25/2014 3:28:56 PM EDT
[#10]
+1 on Ben, he did mine. Less than a week turn around. No issues what so ever. gTg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top