Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2014 10:05:20 PM EDT
As i sat in the Washoe sheriffs office today waiting just over a hour for the privelege to pay the sheriff for his signature. Funny thing is I already had a bunch of fingerprint cards so I was thinking I could just drop them off and go but ohhh noooo. Then they skipped me in line and I had to say something. So silly.

The whole NFA process is aggravating enough without our local yocals making it harder.

This is just me venting so thank you for listening to me whine
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Main reason why I created my trust years ago. Speeds up the process, no fee for photos, fingerprints, hassles from bureaucrats etc. I picked up a can a few weeks ago and from the time I efiled to the day I got it was about 15 weeks. Guys going the individual paper route wait that many months.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 11:55:12 PM EDT
[#2]
My first 6 were through metro. I live in Henderson. Metro started refusing and sending me to Henderson for Cleo sign off... In henderson I was given a huge packet for the "background check" when the metro one was 2 pages. I said fuck the beaurocracy and then trust from then on. These people aren't your friends, and they don't have your best interest in mind. They want to rule you and control you... Remember that.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 1:06:54 AM EDT
[#3]
I just wrote a check to a lawyer for my trust.  Might, just might get my can before the end of the year.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 1:32:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quicken Willmaker is your friend
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:14:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait wut?

Some of you guys have to pay for the sheriff's signature, or have to fill out paperwork for some background check?
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:21:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait wut?

Some of you guys have to pay for the sheriff's signature, or have to fill out paperwork for some background check?
View Quote

Oh yeah welcome to freedom

25 bucks for the signature and they give you a half ass form kind of like a 4473. If you need fingerprints its 20 for the first and 10 for any after which is close to what I got quoted by a private place.

Honestly what pissed me off today was the wait. The money is bad enough but it chapped my ass to  have to wait over a hour to simply drop forms off. One thing if I could leave with them signed but that is not the case. It just seems absurd I cant just leave a envelope and pay the front desk.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 12:19:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
My first 6 were through metro. I live in Henderson. Metro started refusing and sending me to Henderson for Cleo sign off... In henderson I was given a huge packet for the "background check" when the metro one was 2 pages. I said fuck the beaurocracy and then trust from then on. These people aren't your friends, and they don't have your best interest in mind. They want to rule you and control you... Remember that.
View Quote

In hendo's defense, the packet you got was the application to be a police officer minus two pages. I'm not joking. When metro stopped signing for Henderson residents, they didn't tell hpd. According to the chief's secretary, I was the first to request a signature, and they had no idea how or what was expected, so they asked the lawyers (always a bad idea) who said "cover our asses and do everything short of a cavity search". My first hendo form took 3 weeks due to all the lawyers bs, but after that I actually like the new way. You only pay for the fingerprints (and the ladies that do them have always been very nice to me), and my average turn around time after the first one has been around 4 hours (compared to 3 weeks from metro and twice losing my forms altogether). The packet is still large, but they have trimmed it done quite a bit since. I just filled one out minus the signature and date and scanned it into my computer. When I go for the signature I just print out a copy, make any changes, sign and date and I'm done.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 12:38:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

In hendo's defense, the packet you got was the application to be a police officer minus two pages. I'm not joking. When metro stopped signing for Henderson residents, they didn't tell hpd. According to the chief's secretary, I was the first to request a signature, and they had no idea how or what was expected, so they asked the lawyers (always a bad idea) who said "cover our asses and do everything short of a cavity search". My first hendo form took 3 weeks due to all the lawyers bs, but after that I actually like the new way. You only pay for the fingerprints (and the ladies that do them have always been very nice to me), and my average turn around time after the first one has been around 4 hours (compared to 3 weeks from metro and twice losing my forms altogether). The packet is still large, but they have trimmed it done quite a bit since. I just filled one out minus the signature and date and scanned it into my computer. When I go for the signature I just print out a copy, make any changes, sign and date and I'm done.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does it bother you that we go out if our way to make it easier for them to do their job and we still get shit on?
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 1:20:28 PM EDT
[#9]
I should scan all of my application stuff from when Ron Pierini refused to sign mine.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:09:27 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

25 bucks for the signature and they give you a half ass form kind of like a 4473. If you need fingerprints its 20 for the first and 10 for any after which is close to what I got quoted by a private place.

Honestly what pissed me off today was the wait. The money is bad enough but it chapped my ass to  have to wait over a hour to simply drop forms off. One thing if I could leave with them signed but that is not the case. It just seems absurd I cant just leave a envelope and pay the front desk.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait wut?

Damn that sucks..last time I had one signed in Lyon County it was free. I sent it in to Yerington, and a few days later it was back at the local substation with a signature on it. No extra forms required.

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 3:48:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Damn that sucks..last time I had one signed in Lyon County it was free. I sent it in to Yerington, and a few days later it was back at the local substation with a signature on it. No extra forms required.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait wut?

Must be nice...

The ladies that do all the work are always very nice and helpful but I have to work to be polite sometimes. Death by 1000 cuts.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 5:44:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
As i sat in the Washoe sheriffs office today waiting just over a hour for the privelege to pay the sheriff for his signature. Funny thing is I already had a bunch of fingerprint cards so I was thinking I could just drop them off and go but ohhh noooo. Then they skipped me in line and I had to say something. So silly.

The whole NFA process is aggravating enough without our local yocals making it harder.

View Quote

Usually, it's the other way around:  NFA/CCW people get served ahead of everyone else waiting in the room.  Something must have changed since I last went.

The Washoe Sheriff's Office fingerprinting bureau serves migratory ex-cons, ho-bag strippers, traveling door-to-door solicitors/burglary rings, convicted 'Megan's Law' child molesters, and us decent upstanding NFA owners and CCW applicants all out of the same office.   Last time I was in there, all these filthy schlubs and mouth breathing retards filled the room as I walked in and handed over my Form 1s and blue cards.  The stern lady behind the desk seemed to brighten up once she realized I was there to do NFA paperwork, rather than being another crook/hustler/kiddy diddler like she's used to serving.   Signed me in on the 'good guy' clipboard instead of the 'dirtbag' clipboard, I noticed.

"Gee, there's a lot of people already here", I said.  "It's 'Street Vibrations' week." she answered.

"Just have a seat, and we'll call you" she said.  I turned around and the room looked like the 20-year reunion of all the problem students from Abraham Lincoln Continuation High School's after school detention room:  Rental-sluts, greasy dick-beating mongoloid weird-beards, 45 year old backwards ballcap-wearing tattoo-tards trying to get a Sheriff's work permit so that they don't violate their probation mandates by entering private property to do their junior associate window cleaner job without Sheriff's approval, and a small group of dazzling urbanites from some distant East Coast ghetto city who need a license to walk through residential neighborhoods pretending to sell magazines and bottles of dubious citrus-based kitchen cleaner while looking over the shoulder of any homeowner foolish enough to answer the pounding on their door and making a mental note of what they 'gots' inside the house and if they have any scary dogs to avoid when the home is burglarized a few weeks later.

I decided I'd just stand.  The lady called myself and a CCW applicant up quickly, which made the rest of the people there already waiting displeased that we got cuts in line.  Too bad, 'Rad Chad'.  Should have at least gotten a G.E.D., you fucking retards, thought I.

Link Posted: 7/12/2014 6:54:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Everyone in the room was CCW. There is always a pile of Cali guys getting their ccw every time I go in on friday
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:24:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Everyone in the room was CCW. There is always a pile of Cali guys getting their ccw every time I go in on friday
View Quote

Must be that Fridays have something to do with it?  

Are there CCW trainers running cert classes on Thu/Fri so that Californians are making a 3-4 day weekend out of getting their CCW, maybe?

Couple times I've gone in the past, midweek in early morning I was all alone.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 8:36:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Does it bother you that we go out if our way to make it easier for them to do their job and we still get shit on?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Meh. I don't see it as anyone shitting on me, I see it as an example of the problem of a massive and unnecessary bureaucracy. The police have to dance to the whims of the same beuracrats that we do. Really the problem is that no one individual is the problem, it's the overgrown nanny system that is at fault. Try and improve things when we can, shrug it off when we can't.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 10:48:31 PM EDT
[#16]
You can actually do the print cards yourself, no cop shop required.
You still need their sig on the forms.

Do not count on Eform, for the most part that system has been suspended indefinately.
It MAY come back if they can get it to work without crashing.
Currently limited to only the two LEAST used forms.

ATF-NFA is trying to rewrite the Corp/Trust laws to require EVERY member to undergo a background check.
If they get their way NFA waits will become so bad it crashes the industry.

The GOOD news is that until they get the Corp./Trust change made NFA transfer times have been dropping!
They are now down to about eight months for recent applications and they SWEAR they are catching up on old ones.
They claim to be catching up at a rate that should have transfers down to about four or five months by Christmas.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 11:41:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Tell me about the eforms

Tromix eformed a form 3 for my shotgun in january
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 12:14:12 PM EDT
[#18]
I trust you
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I trust you
View Quote

You better
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 3:05:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Do not count on Eform, for the most part that system has been suspended indefinitely.

View Quote

That's not correct. You can do everything but a form 4 right now.
Link Posted: 7/13/2014 4:25:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Usually, it's the other way around:  NFA/CCW people get served ahead of everyone else waiting in the room.  Something must have changed since I last went.

The Washoe Sheriff's Office fingerprinting bureau serves migratory ex-cons, ho-bag strippers, traveling door-to-door solicitors/burglary rings, convicted 'Megan's Law' child molesters, and us decent upstanding NFA owners and CCW applicants all out of the same office.   Last time I was in there, all these filthy schlubs and mouth breathing retards filled the room as I walked in and handed over my Form 1s and blue cards.  The stern lady behind the desk seemed to brighten up once she realized I was there to do NFA paperwork, rather than being another crook/hustler/kiddy diddler like she's used to serving.   Signed me in on the 'good guy' clipboard instead of the 'dirtbag' clipboard, I noticed.

"Gee, there's a lot of people already here", I said.  "It's 'Street Vibrations' week." she answered.

"Just have a seat, and we'll call you" she said.  I turned around and the room looked like the 20-year reunion of all the problem students from Abraham Lincoln Continuation High School's after school detention room:  Rental-sluts, greasy dick-beating mongoloid weird-beards, 45 year old backwards ballcap-wearing tattoo-tards trying to get a Sheriff's work permit so that they don't violate their probation mandates by entering private property to do their junior associate window cleaner job without Sheriff's approval, and a small group of dazzling urbanites from some distant East Coast ghetto city who need a license to walk through residential neighborhoods pretending to sell magazines and bottles of dubious citrus-based kitchen cleaner while looking over the shoulder of any homeowner foolish enough to answer the pounding on their door and making a mental note of what they 'gots' inside the house and if they have any scary dogs to avoid when the home is burglarized a few weeks later.

I decided I'd just stand.  The lady called myself and a CCW applicant up quickly, which made the rest of the people there already waiting displeased that we got cuts in line.  Too bad, 'Rad Chad'.  Should have at least gotten a G.E.D., you fucking retards, thought I.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When I did my CCW, I was there before they opened because I was leaving that morning to to go away on business.   As I waited, a bunch of cops walking past gave me dirty looks as they past, obviously assuming I was a crook.  That was just wonderful.  

Link Posted: 7/13/2014 10:14:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do not count on Eform, for the most part that system has been suspended indefinitely.

Not according to the most recent message they sent me!

U.S. Department of Justice
Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
Assistant Director
April 16, 2014
www.atf.gov
Dear Industry Colleague:
As a result of recent changes in state laws concerning certain National Firearms Act (NFA) firearms and devices and other factors, the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives (ATF) has experienced an exponential increase in NFA applications in recent years and months. For example, in fiscal year 2005, while ATF processed nearly 41,600 NFA applications, by 2013 that number had skyrocketed by more than 380 percent to more than 199,900 applications. The increase is significant because of the volume as well as the short period of time in which applications have spiked.
To expedite processing, in 2013, after more than a year of development, ATF launched its “eForms” to provide a tool for more efficient filing of ATF firearms forms. When ATF implemented the eForms system, paper NFA Tax-Paid applications took 9 months to process, while eForms reduced processing time to within 100 days. After a year of successful implementation, in January 2014, ATF attended the annual Shooting, Hunting, Outdoor Trade Show (SHOT Show) to spread the word about eForms and the system’s efficient processing of applications. Improvements noted in the eForms system include the following:
• form submission and payment processing time reduced to approximately 5 minutes from 3-4 business days;
• elimination of 8 weeks of data entry processing backlog;
• elimination of an estimated 30 days processing time due to errant data entry.
With these statistics in mind and based on the feedback from industry, the eForms initiative has clearly addressed a long overdue industry need. As a result, the number of registered users has grown from 673 in 2013 to more than 10,000 today. In fact, the number of eForms submitted has exceeded 50,000, with the most significant volume seen in Form 3 and Form 4 applications. Since January 2014, approximately 50 percent of NFA applications have been submitted via eForms. This surge in demand has created the need to temporarily scale back eForms submissions while the system is enhanced to handle greater capacity in the future.
To accommodate this substantial increase in application volume, ATF must enhance the eForms initiative to ensure that we can meet the industry’s needs as the volume of applications continues to exceed growth expectations. Our goal is to decrease processing times and continue to enhance NFA availability without impact from significant application spikes or volume increases as seen during the last few years.
-2-
To accomplish this goal, ATF will take aggressive steps immediately regarding eForms and existing paper application processes. Measures already taken include the following:
• ATF has surged staffing availability to seven days per week to process both eForms and paper applications. As a result, ATF has already reduced the backlog of applications from more than 80,000 to 73,700, an almost 8 percent reduction in the total backlog since March 20, 2014. Monthly processing volume has increased from 17,200 to 23,600 per month due to the surge, representing a 37 percent increase in form processing.
• ATF is immediately hiring 15 additional staff to assist in processing NFA applications. In addition, another 15 current staff members are cross-training to assist with NFA application processing.
• Staff from across ATF have been recruited to assist in backlog processing.
• ATF has prioritized Form 3 and Form 4 paper application processing, as appropriate, while we are bolstering eForms capabilities. This action will ensure that the highest volume of pending applications is given higher priority and that industry needs are met.
• ATF has engaged world-class private sector companies to assist in enhancing eForms capacity and functionality to provide industry with the most efficient service possible.
• ATF will limit routine maintenance and processing within the eForms system to one day each week, which will allow registered industry users to have the full eForms system capacity available during other days. Each Wednesday, a day selected based on use patterns and with the input of our customers, ATF will close the system for routine maintenance and processing. Application processing will continue outside of the system on all weekdays, but ATF will avoid routine maintenance and processing within the eForms system on other days to ensure that eForms remains available to our customers.
• This week, eForms will once again be available initially for the processing of Form 6 and Form 6A. As capacity is enhanced over the next several weeks, eForms will then continue to accept Forms 1, 2, 5, 9, 5300.11 and 10. All users may continue to submit paper forms throughout this process, and ATF will continue to surge and prioritize to ensure that this enhancement process does not impede commerce. Ultimately, our largest volume of requests, Form 3 and Form 4, will return to the new and improved eForms, which we expect to accomplish in the short term.
• ATF will continue to monitor application processing timelines on a weekly basis to ensure that progress is being made in the reduction of the backlog. At the same time, ATF will enhance the eForms system in ways that may avoid backlogs in the future, despite the spikes and volume increases. As additional enhancements or surge steps become apparent, we will adapt our plans to address those needs.
-3-
ATF and industry have benefitted from the eForms and ATF remains fully committed to its success and to the reduction of the backlog in paper and eForms applications. The steps outlined above reflect ATF’s commitments, and we will ensure that our industry colleagues remain informed of our progress and have the opportunity to provide input on eForms enhancements.
We offer our sincere thanks to the eForms user community for your patience and support of the eForms system as these enhancements are completed.
Sincerely,
Marvin G. Richardson
Deputy Assistant Director
ATF Enforcement Programs and Services

From the eForm login page,  During the next few weeks as the eForms is enhanced, ATF anticipates that the eForms system will accept processing of Forms 6 and 6A initially, followed by forms 1, 2, 5, 9, 5300.11 and 10. Paper applications via any form will continue to be processed, and Forms 3 and 4 will be prioritized. We expect Forms 3 and 4 to return to eForms very soon, as the enhancements are completed.
Link Posted: 7/14/2014 12:31:34 AM EDT
[#23]
Well, you might want to check your spam folder, my friend:

On Tue, 6/24/14, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: ATF eForms update
To:
Date: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 5:43 PM

Good afternoon:

We are pleased to announce the following updates to the eForms system:

1.      Performance enhancements – We were able to address some of the technical issues.  You will see improvements in the overall performance of the system.

2.     We are able to add the ATF Form 1 back to the eForms system.  Our plans are to closely monitor the performance of the system in order to determine if we will be able to add additional forms back to the system.

Below is an update on the status on our processing of paper and electronic NFA applications.  In the future, this information will be available through links on the eForms login screen:

In follow-up to ATF’s letter dated April 16, 2014, regarding the status of the eForms system; this update is being provided to inform the industry of ATF’s progress in addressing eForms and paper NFA applications. To accommodate the substantial increase in application volume that has recently occurred, ATF is working diligently to decrease processing times while continuing to enhance the eForms platform.
View Quote

Form 4s are still down, but not Form 1s anymore. I'm hoping when my next 2 cans come in that they'll be taking 4s again

Link Posted: 7/14/2014 5:50:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Form 4s are still down, but not Form 1s anymore. I'm hoping when my next 2 cans come in that they'll be taking 4s again

View All Quotes
Quoted:

On Tue, 6/24/14, [email protected] <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: ATF eForms update
To:
Date: Tuesday, June 24, 2014, 5:43 PM

Good afternoon:

We are pleased to announce the following updates to the eForms system:

1.      Performance enhancements – We were able to address some of the technical issues.  You will see improvements in the overall performance of the system.

2.     We are able to add the ATF Form 1 back to the eForms system.  Our plans are to closely monitor the performance of the system in order to determine if we will be able to add additional forms back to the system.

Below is an update on the status on our processing of paper and electronic NFA applications.  In the future, this information will be available through links on the eForms login screen:

In follow-up to ATF’s letter dated April 16, 2014, regarding the status of the eForms system; this update is being provided to inform the industry of ATF’s progress in addressing eForms and paper NFA applications. To accommodate the substantial increase in application volume that has recently occurred, ATF is working diligently to decrease processing times while continuing to enhance the eForms platform.

I got my trust Friday and filed Eform 1 for my SBR on Sunday evening. Next week I will probably purchase a 30 cal can through New Frontier. I got this Email after submitting my Eform.

This is to advise you that the status of your eForms submission with the subject Permit/Control number has changed to SUBMITTED/IN PROCESS

Permit/Control No: 2xxxxxxxxxxxx
Your Reference No:
Submission Date: 2014-07-13-04:00
Form ID: ATF Form 1 (5320.1) - Application to Make and Register a Firearm

Please logon to the eForms site for more details.

If you have any questions about your eForms submission, please contact:
for Imports questions, call (304) 616-4550
for NFA questions, call (304) 616-4500
for AFMER questions, call (304) 616-4590
for Firearms Licensing questions, call 1-866-662-2750

Thank you for using eForms.

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 1:17:22 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yes, yes, yes, finally someone else who gets it!  I went the NFA Trust route a few years ago and I will never again beg and plead with a Chief Law Enforcement Officer (CLEO) to sign off on my ATF Form 1 or 4!

There are some excellent videos on YouTube – by attorneys – who explain all of the advantages of a NFA Trust other than no CLEO signature required.  Well worth the money!  

Remember, in today’s world, when it comes to firearms  – especially in Clark and Washoe Counties – law enforcement is not your friend and the less contact you have with law enforcement about firearms the better off you are!

Link Posted: 7/16/2014 1:18:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Wait wut?

View Quote

Yes, some Chief Law Enforcement Offices in Clark and Washoe counties require a fee for a completed criminal history background check before they sign off on a ATF Form 1 or 4!
Link Posted: 7/21/2014 2:49:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Email this morning says F2's are now back up on eForm.
BFD, another little used form.
It's F3 and F4 that are the real meat of NFA waiting times.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 12:23:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Email this morning says F2's are now back up on eForm.
BFD, another little used form.
It's F3 and F4 that are the real meat of NFA waiting times.
View Quote

Hear Hear!
Still waiting on 2 more cans to F3 to my SOT
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 2:08:15 AM EDT
[#29]
I wonder if they aren't processing the eforms at all. I am still waiting on a form 3 from January.
Link Posted: 7/22/2014 10:22:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I wonder if they aren't processing the eforms at all. I am still waiting on a form 3 from January.
View Quote

The 4s I filed in February came back in June.
There are several multi page threads in the Class 3 Forum of the armory section regarding E-Forms.
A 3 filed in January should have come through in February (like mine did...it was filed a week after SHOT Show and my SOT had my can less than 3 weeks later) and if you had gone the trust route you could have form 4ed it that same month and would have received your stamp in June.

You should call your SOT and have him check your 3 status. My guess is that it was never filed.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 3:51:12 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

There are several multi page threads in the Class 3 Forum of the armory section regarding E-Forms.
A 3 filed in January should have come through in February (like mine did...it was filed a week after SHOT Show and my SOT had my can less than 3 weeks later) and if you had gone the trust route you could have form 4ed it that same month and would have received your stamp in June.

You should call your SOT and have him check your 3 status. My guess is that it was never filed.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He said they were still waiting. Maybe I will call ATF and see if they can tell me what is going on.
Link Posted: 7/23/2014 9:20:49 PM EDT
[#32]
Call directly. Cut out the middle man and find out what has happened. I had a form held up by ATF, but they never told either party.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top