Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/11/2014 10:10:29 AM EDT

On Saturday 7/12 the Palomino Valley Gun Club with hold it's only walking varmint match of the year. This event is ideal for AR-15, AK, or small caliber bolt action rifles. Match details are available here: Walking Varmint Silhouette

Set-up begins at 7:30AM on the Silhouette Range, and shooters must be present for the 8AM safety briefing to participate.

Scotty Strachan: 775-721-1308 [email protected]

Olin Coles: 775-544-6563 [email protected]

Link Posted: 7/11/2014 3:38:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Link doent work for me.

Cant make it anyway....wish I could though. Looks like alot of fun!

since link doesnt work.....how much $.....how much ammo is required?....how long is the event?
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 4:47:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Link doent work for me.

Cant make it anyway....wish I could though. Looks like alot of fun!

since link doesnt work.....how much $.....how much ammo is required?....how long is the event?
View Quote

Yeah, here is the correct link: http://palominogunclub.org/169/walking-varmint-silhouette-match-description/

$15 non-member, $10 member match fee.

40rds for score, bring extra for sighters and shootoffs. 60 total is a good number.

Setup starts at ~7:30, the match will probably be done by 1pm, but it depends on how many people show up. I have to head out of town for work, or I would totally be there.
Link Posted: 7/11/2014 6:05:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you really have to have a two point sling? All I have is a single point.
Link Posted: 7/12/2014 4:33:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Do you really have to have a two point sling? All I have is a single point.
View Quote

You don't HAVE to have any sling. The 2-point rule is so that front-end target slings on can't be used. It's a rifle control / hunting position match, not a target rifle match, so that's why the rule. It just so happens that AR's are well-balanced and a good caliber for short-range varmint hunting, which is why they work well for this course of fire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top