Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2014 3:48:35 PM EDT
The last time I looked everyone was pretty expensive here so I was trying to use silencershop.com's Silencer Shop Direct program but they don't have any local dealers working with them yet so it looks like I am going to have to cancel their transfer and find someone myself.

What have you guys paying for transfers on NFA stuff and who did you use in the South?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Whuchya buying me Drewski?
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 5:56:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Got a SWR Spectre II and YHM Phantom Titanium in .308 to cover as many calibers as I could. That should cover all of my long guns.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 6:32:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Sweetness.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Battle Born Arms, $75.
Link Posted: 4/22/2014 11:16:05 PM EDT
[#5]
New Frontier Armory $50
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 6:13:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Several years ago, Bargain Pawn $50
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 7:40:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Definitely NFA.
Link Posted: 4/23/2014 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#8]
NFA.
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 12:32:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/25/2014 5:11:05 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We're set up with silencershop
View Quote

Awesome. I sent Katie a link to your website when she said she was having a hard time finding someone to participate in their program. Hopefully they send a lot of business your way.
Link Posted: 4/26/2014 8:15:32 PM EDT
[#11]
How is Silencer Shop planning on continuing this program now that E Forms aren't being processed?
Link Posted: 4/27/2014 7:38:03 AM EDT
[#12]
E forms will be going back up, staffing at the NFA branch is being increased and extended.

New Frontier working with Silencer Shop is a recipe for success.
Link Posted: 4/28/2014 11:28:35 PM EDT
[#13]
While i agree them working together it good.  I was looking at an an Osprey 45 which Silencer shop had for 650, plus 270 for the tax stamp.  New Frontier had them for 709, Add in tax, and 200 for the stamp its like 30 bucks more to stay 100% local.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:45:19 AM EDT
[#14]
According to Katie at Silencer Shop NFA isn't in their Direct program and they still don't have anyone in the area so I guess I am going to cancel that service. I guess Guido just meant they have their FFL on file.
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 6:31:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 4/29/2014 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You can still buy it from them and have it transfered to our store.  Request a copy of the Form 3 as soon as they submit it and Ivan will be able to help you submit your form 4 right afterwards so there won't be much lag in the process over what they offer.

I e-mailed her about the Direct program so I can see more of the details that concern our business so I'll let you know if we work something out or not.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
According to Katie at Silencer Shop NFA isn't in their Direct program and they still don't have anyone in the area so I guess I am going to cancel that service. I guess Guido just meant they have their FFL on file.

You can still buy it from them and have it transfered to our store.  Request a copy of the Form 3 as soon as they submit it and Ivan will be able to help you submit your form 4 right afterwards so there won't be much lag in the process over what they offer.

I e-mailed her about the Direct program so I can see more of the details that concern our business so I'll let you know if we work something out or not.

Thanks Guido. I told them this morning to go ahead and send them to you for the transfer. $50 is perfectly reasonable and less than what they charge through their program so that is nice.Everyone in Henderson wants a lot more the last time I checked.. The Silencer Shop Direct program just made for an easy impulse buy because it wrapped up the purchase, paperwork, trust offering, and transfer process into one easy package so all I had to do was click buy.  I checked my emails and I actually sent one to you guys in 2011 but never pulled the trigger because the entire process just seemed like a PITA and I knew it would take a year to transfer anyways so why not put it off? You guys seem to be pretty enterprising here in the Vegas valley. If you came up with a similar system I bet you would do very well. Or if their program makes sense for you business wise I think it would bring a lot of business your way. At least right now when they don't have any other local dealers to work with it should.

Have you heard anything on the eForms system yet? Silencer Shop said they were still holding out for it to come back up and were only faxing paperwork in on customer request. What are you guys doing right now?
Link Posted: 4/30/2014 11:19:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/1/2014 7:46:11 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
We're faxing paperwork right now until Eforms is back up and once its back up we'll switch back over to eforms.

I talked to Katie this morning and we struck a deal that made sense for us business wise.  We'll get the same amount from them that we would for doing a transfer in the store anyway and made a deal to be their exclusive dealer within 50 miles of our shop.  So either way you choose, its the same for us.

Glad we could be of service to you!
View Quote

Good deal. I hope it works out for you guys.
Link Posted: 5/2/2014 7:55:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

We're faxing paperwork right now until Eforms is back up and once its back up we'll switch back over to eforms.

View Quote

I talked to Katie this morning and we struck a deal that made sense for us business wise.  We'll get the same amount from them that we would for doing a transfer in the store anyway and made a deal to be their exclusive dealer within 50 miles of our shop.  So either way you choose, its the same for us.

They emailed me to tell me they were working with you 2 hrs after I placed my order with NFA for a AAC 726 SDN-6. I had cancelled my order w/them a couple weeks ago after finding out I had to drive 50+ miles one way out of state to pick up my suppressor once everything cleared, and it was available to pick up.
I have a few questions about using them vs buying from directly you. Hopefully I make sense when I ask them...
The Silencer Shop charges $70 for their transfer fees (at least that's what I was charged when I placed my order), and you guys charge $50, so isn't it actually $20 cheaper to buy directly from you?

The Form 3 still works out the same as well doesn't it? It's no faster going through them, than you, is it?

Let's say you don't have the suppressor I want in stock (which was the case) and The Silencer Shop does... Is it really faster going through The Silencer Shop since they show that have the suppressor in stock, and supposedly all they need is Form 3 to clear to ship, or do they actually have to place an order with the mfg or another source as well once you make the purchase?

I'm asking because I want to pick up another suppressor soon, and want to know what's actually faster If NFA doesn't have the suppressor in stock, and The Silencer Shop does...

Link Posted: 5/3/2014 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 7/9/2014 5:31:21 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They emailed me to tell me they were working with you 2 hrs after I placed my order with NFA for a AAC 726 SDN-6. I had cancelled my order w/them a couple weeks ago after finding out I had to drive 50+ miles one way out of state to pick up my suppressor once everything cleared, and it was available to pick up.
I have a few questions about using them vs buying from directly you. Hopefully I make sense when I ask them...
The Silencer Shop charges $70 for their transfer fees (at least that's what I was charged when I placed my order), and you guys charge $50, so isn't it actually $20 cheaper to buy directly from you?
The Form 3 still works out the same as well doesn't it? It's no faster going through them, than you, is it?
Let's say you don't have the suppressor I want in stock (which was the case) and The Silencer Shop does... Is it really faster going through The Silencer Shop since they show that have the suppressor in stock, and supposedly all they need is Form 3 to clear to ship, or do they actually have to place an order with the mfg or another source as well once you make the purchase?
I'm asking because I want to pick up another suppressor soon, and want to know what's actually faster If NFA doesn't have the suppressor in stock, and The Silencer Shop does...

As long as one of our distro's has it in stock if we don't, time wise you will be exactly the same either way.

I think the savings for you as a customer will be the 8.1% local sales tax.  Sometimes we can beat their prices, other times I don't know how they sell as low as they do.

Our partnership with them was mainly to give customers the option for a larger class 3 inventory if we don't have it in stock and to streamline the paperwork process to us and to you.

The $50 / $70 transfer is because they charge a convinience fee to do the paperwork for you (and for us).  I'll push SS over all the other online retailers because I make the same transfer fee without having to do the paperwork.
Just to follow up on this, I bought my AAC 762SDN-6 on 4/30/2014, and it came in at NFA on 7/3/2014... NFA told me 8-9 weeks, and they delivered! Now it's sit and wait for the ATF to approve my Form 4... Hopefully it won't take as long as my Form 1...  I called the ATF last week to check up on my SBR Form 1 that I sent 4/14/2014, and they said it was "pending" as of 5/5/2014, with a scheduled completion date of February 2015... Seriously? Nine more months, and I thought they said they were speeding things up...

Link Posted: 7/10/2014 8:27:07 AM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top