Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2014 9:28:07 PM EDT
I am looking to purchase a stripped lower receiver online and have it shipped to an FFL in Las Vegas or Henderson.

Where is the best place in town to do an FFL transfer with no hassle?
What are the costs associated with a transfer such as transfer fee and background check.?
Is there a waiting period?

Thanks,
Mike
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 10:48:38 PM EDT
[#1]
New Frontier Armory.

A little bit of a drive for some, but well worth the trip.

Link Posted: 4/17/2014 8:16:54 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had lowers shipped to Spurlocks if you're looking for something a little closer to henderson.

$25 transfer fee and if you don't have a concealed permit issued after whatever date there is a $25 bg check fee as well.

most places are about the same when it comes to transfer fees. You can always call or stop in and ask before getting it shipped to make sure.

There should be no waiting period for a stripped lower as it is not considered a handgun. It is entered in to their bound book as other.

Also just a little info on the waiting period, if you have a blue card already  there is no waiting period. A little lesser known is that in henderson you can get a handgun with out the waiting period.

I purchased my first pistol at spurlocks, walked in about 20 minutes before they closed and walked out in about 10 minutes with my pistol.

New Frontier is a very cool store with some great folks as well it's definitely worth the trip, guido frequents this forum and will answer your questions here.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 12:19:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I am looking to purchase a stripped lower receiver online and have it shipped to an FFL in Las Vegas or Henderson.

Where is the best place in town to do an FFL transfer with no hassle?
What are the costs associated with a transfer such as transfer fee and background check.?
Is there a waiting period?

Thanks,
Mike
View Quote

Mike -

If you are in the southern/central part of Vegas, come see me at Gun Garage.  We charge $25 for the transfer fee.  There is no waiting period.  I try to get transfers checked in within an hour or so of them being delivered, depending on how busy we get.  Our number is 440-4867 if you have any questions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top