Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2014 2:21:52 PM EDT
While some may think this change is insignificant, I thought it was worth mentioning.

Effective July 1, 2014, the Central Repository for Nevada Records of Criminal History is increasing their fee for fingerprint background checks by $2.50. The current fee is $37.50, which includes both the State and Federal Bureau of Investigation background checks required pursuant to subsection 1 of NRS 202.366.

This fee applies to new and renewal CCW Application fees. Therefore, the new fingerprint background check fee will increase to $40.00 on July 1, 2014.

So, after July 1st, 2014, the fee for new applications will increase from $97.50 to $100.00, and renewal applications will increase from $62.50 to $65.00.

As of now the downloadable CCW Permit Application on the LVMPD website hasn't been revised to reflect the new rates, however, it will be updated as the July 1st, 2014 date draws closer.

The $15.00 late fee for renewal applications will remain unchanged.

Hope this helps.

-Joe
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 5:53:21 AM EDT
[#1]
This must have been added to another bill during the last session.  While not a major price change it could have been $100 and I don't recall any threads discussing the price increases.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:47:14 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This must have been added to another bill during the last session.  While not a major price change it could have been $100 and I don't recall any threads discussing the price increases.
View Quote

NRS 202.366 doesn't mention BGC fees. It just states that the Sheriff must submit a set of fingerprints to the CRNRCH which forwards the fingerprints to the FBI. The CRNRCH is the (Nevada) entity that raised the fees $2.50. There is no cost to the FBI for the BGC.

NRS 202.366 Investigation of applicant for permit; issuance or denial of permit; expiration of permit.

1. Upon receipt by a sheriff of an application for a permit, including an application for the renewal of a permit pursuant to NRS 202.3677, the sheriff shall conduct an investigation of the applicant to determine if the applicant is eligible for a permit. In conducting the investigation, the sheriff shall forward a complete set of the applicant’s fingerprints to the Central Repository for Nevada Records of Criminal History for submission to the Federal Bureau of Investigation for its report concerning the criminal history of the applicant.

The investigation also must include a report from the National Instant Criminal Background Check System. The sheriff shall issue a permit to the applicant unless the applicant is not qualified to possess a handgun pursuant to state or federal law or is not otherwise qualified to obtain a permit pursuant to NRS 202.3653 to 202.369, inclusive, or the regulations adopted pursuant thereto.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:02:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Rat bastards. Good thing I just renewed
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:06:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

I got screwed for the NICS Exemption with my last renewal. I missed it by a few months.

Thanks again Bernie FUCKING Anderson.

Link Posted: 4/16/2014 6:23:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I got screwed for the NICS Exemption with my last renewal. I missed it by a few months.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah I had to wait till now which is not as bad as five years. The whole reason I think they shouldnt be able to deny us renewing early.

You should sue their ass
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:06:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm in the same boat partner.

So whenever the subject comes up in public, like when I'm buying/transfering/picking up a gun and there are folks within earshot I simply say as loud as I can : "I have a CCW but it was issued when the Sheriff's were pocketing the money and not doing the background checks."

Fuck them if they want to cost me money and make me wait any longer than it takes to complete a 4473.
Link Posted: 4/16/2014 9:47:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I am in the same boat Mike....
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:09:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Dang!,The last few months have got away from me,I MAY be a little short on time for my renewal,any one know what is the turn around time for CPL renewal is now, in Clark County ?
Link Posted: 4/17/2014 2:46:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Dang!,The last few months have got away from me,I MAY be a little short on time for my renewal,any one know what is the turn around time for CPL renewal is now, in Clark County ?
View Quote

I don't think there is a set time frame that anyone can say is concrete.

Some of my students get their CCW's between 30-60 days, some say it takes up to 90 days, and occasionally a student will call me and tell me that it took all of the 120 day maximum.

It's a roll of the dice.

I always tell my students to get the course out of the way six months before expiration, and make sure they file their paperwork at least four months before the expiration date just to be safe.

Nevada has no grace period, therefore, if you go past your expiration date (even if your renewal paperwork has been filed) you will be screwed until the new CCW arrives.

Very simple: Train early and renew early.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 7:58:12 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Some of my students get their CCW's between 30-60 days, some say it takes up to 90 days, and occasionally a student will call me and tell me that it took all of the 120 day maximum.

It's a roll of the dice.

I always tell my students to get the course out of the way six months before expiration, and make sure they file their paperwork at least four months before the expiration date just to be safe.

Nevada has no grace period, therefore, if you go past your expiration date (even if your renewal paperwork has been filed) you will be screwed until the new CCW arrives.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a roll of the dice.

Interestingly, they got a bill passed last session that says you cant apply before 120 days if I remember correctly.

Link Posted: 4/18/2014 8:17:29 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Interestingly, they got a bill passed last session that says you cant apply before 120 days if I remember correctly.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a roll of the dice.

The only change I remember last session was the Revolver/Semi-Automatic qualification requirement under NRS 202.3677.

The Revolver/Semi requirement was stricken from the statute and qualifying with a "handgun" was added.

I believe the 120 day maximum time frame to submit a renewal application was a decision made by the NVSCA and not the Legislature.
Link Posted: 4/18/2014 9:10:55 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The only change I remember last session was the Revolver/Semi-Automatic qualification requirement under NRS 202.3677.

The Revolver/Semi requirement was stricken from the statute and qualifying with a "handgun" was added.

I believe the 120 day maximum time frame to submit a renewal application was a decision made by the NVSCA and not the Legislature.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a roll of the dice.

Therefore not law
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top