Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/12/2014 6:14:49 PM EDT
Nowdy from MO.  Have a relative who recently moved to Vegas-SW side-and is looking to buy his first AR.  Off the shelf Colt, Spikes, Sig, etc. is preferable route.  Any recommendations for shops with a good selection and fair prices?

Thanks,

J
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 6:56:00 PM EDT
[#1]
WalMart carries Colt AR15's
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 7:06:51 PM EDT
[#2]
New Frontier Armory sells AR's.

It's a little bit of a drive from SW Las Vegas, but well worth the extra time and gas money.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:18:34 PM EDT
[#3]
New Frontier Armory.

I live in the southwest also but make the trip to NFA. Your friend might as well start out at the best gun shop in town IMO.
Link Posted: 4/12/2014 9:50:47 PM EDT
[#4]
+3. NFA
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:59:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Excellent.  I'll definitely tell him about NFA.  I had already told him about Colts and Sigs at Wal-Mart, but the one he went to doesn't sell guns.  Which WMs in town sell guns?

Thanks for the advice!

J
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Last time I was in Sportsmans, they had dozens of AR's.

Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Excellent.  I'll definitely tell him about NFA.  I had already told him about Colts and Sigs at Wal-Mart, but the one he went to doesn't sell guns.  Which WMs in town sell guns?

Thanks for the advice!

J
View Quote

That is a problem, not all Wal Mart's sell guns, seems about 50/50 to me.

Personally, I would buy a complete lower from NFA and order a quality upper from AIM or Bravo Company, but that's just me.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:31:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
That is a problem, not all Wal Mart's sell guns, seems about 50/50 to me.

Personally, I would buy a complete lower from NFA and order a quality upper from AIM or Bravo Company, but that's just me.
View Quote

That's what ended up happening, except he got a stripped lower, and ordered the rest from AIM.  He's educaed-he'll figure it out.  Might cost a bit more than the complete lower route due to having to buy a punch set or something, but who stops at just one?
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:23:48 PM EDT
[#9]
NFA is great. There's a pretty nice newer store called Gun Show Ammo at (IIRC) Eastern and Spring Mountain that sells ARs.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
NFA is great. There's a pretty nice newer store called Gun Show Ammo at (IIRC) Eastern and Spring Mountain that sells ARs.
View Quote

Eastern and Spring Mountain?

Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:49:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those intersect on CSI: Las Vegas only
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:24:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I believe he means Eastern and Warm Springs. It's in the Albertson's shopping center on the south side. While I prefer NFA I have been to this establishment several times and they have always done right by me.
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 11:59:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I believe he means Eastern and Warm Springs. It's in the Albertson's shopping center on the south side. While I prefer NFA I have been to this establishment several times and they have always done right by me.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured he just made a mistake and I was poking a little fun.

My head did hurt for a minute when I tried to visualize where Eastern and Spring Mountain intersected.

I looked it up and Spring Mountain goes through three name changes East of the Strip (i.e. Sands Avenue, E. Twain, and then Spencer).

Only in Vegas!
Link Posted: 4/15/2014 4:27:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Lock N Load at Eastern & Serene in the SE.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top