Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2014 9:16:02 AM EDT
Jones is continuously bombarding my Facebook and email with propaganda about universal Background Checks, Assault Weapons, and High Capacity Ammunition Clips. He has a couple of opponents, one who looks like an ACTUAL candidate.
You monkeys need to get on the fucking ball and rally around to knock Jones' dick in the dirt before he can even get to the Legislature or we are going to be fighting the same battle all over again. They only need to slip it past the goalie once to fuck us and he is apparently the lightning rod on this one.

http://www.beckyharrisnv.com  Don't know this lady, but she apparently ran as a Dem before and all of her talking points are exactly what you'd expect from a Dem candidate.

http://www.vickgillfornevada.com/index.html  Probably a snowball's chance in hell, but we aint gonna know until we try. He actually mentions supporting the 2A, whacky as that seems...
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Wow... that clown has the liberal support for sure.

Sad to say, but he looks kind of creepy.

ETA- a lot of open area in that district. Along with some of the mountain areas.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Jones won his race by only 150 votes last time around so he is NOT unbeatable!

At least volunteer to put up a yard sign, it will cost you nothing and may save our RKBA in Nevada if Jones gets knocked out of the legislature.

Lot less work and expense to get involved in this race than to have to fend off Jones attacks in the 2015 legislature.
Jones nearly won last time, remember it took a gubernatorial veto to stop him and his legion of Bloomberg carpetbaggers.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:13:07 PM EDT
[#3]
He's in my district, I've been getting the same bullshit facebook posts. Myself and a few others have been shit talking all of his "suggested posts" but they remove the comments fast.

I can't wait to vote against him.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Just signed up for Gills support page.
Link Posted: 4/8/2014 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wow... that clown has the liberal support for sure.

Sad to say, but he looks kind of creepy.

ETA- a lot of open area in that district. Along with some of the mountain areas.
View Quote
Your cop sense is tingling. At the Mark Kelly press conference we marched across the capitol grounds right up to him. I got right in his face, grabbed his hand in an honest handshake, looked him in the eye and asked him what we had just missed. He stammered like a rattled teen caught finger banging his cousin. He is a weasley little shit. I dont like a man who cant shake hands.
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 4:23:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Met Vick Gill at the convention.

Expect him to visit the forum, maybe even sign up.
He may also show up at gun related business or events.

We HAVE to defeat Jones!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 5:23:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Jones is a tool, he is going down. Hate that guy!
Link Posted: 4/13/2014 6:04:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Defeating Jones is the only way to make rabid D gun-grabbers see the light!
Even the "Tick" would probably slow down his blood-sucking attacks on our RKBA if he does not have Jones to back him up.
In an ideal world the "Tick" would also be squashed.

A "split" legislature deprives the anti-RKBA crowd of the ability to ram through things like SB-21, refusal to let bills out committee, etc.
The NV Senate party numbers are very close.
Kicking Jones out and electing an R in his place would certainly make adherence to "the rules" much more likely and kill most anti-gun bills before they are even introduced.
Campus Carry might even get passed!
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 1:04:16 AM EDT
[#9]
Becky Harris will split the vote, that's the only reason she's there.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 7:19:48 AM EDT
[#10]
Becky can only split the Primary Election vote for her alleged R party.
If she loses the primary, she's OUT for the general election and becomes irrelevant.

I notice she DID NOT bother to attend the state convention, why?
Stupid move if she is serious about defeating Jones.
Link Posted: 4/14/2014 9:06:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Wasn't aware it hasn't happened yet, hope she gets the boot personally.

I've been working too much to keep up, I actually get most of my info from here TBH.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 12:27:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Had a talk with a political expert the other night regarding Jones.

He's a special case, his candidacy and anti-RKBA stance actually put us in the position of already having our First Amendment rights compromised!

How? Simple, if we are too visible he will get $$$$$$$$$$$$$ from Bloom-Turd/MAIG by the truck load!
ANY other candidate we could hold rallies against, but this puke is a special case, he can play both the "Race Card" AND get sympathy dollars from anti's!

So we have to support Vick Gill but not make this race too visibly connected to firearms rights.
Get yard signs, make contributions, talk him up at every private opportunity.
Just do not make contributions in Gun Company names, or be too overt in using our RKBA as a defining issue in public.
It SUCKS, we should be able to pull out all the stops but are being hog-tied even before the primary vote.
Link Posted: 4/19/2014 4:43:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Vick Gill FTW!
Link Posted: 5/9/2014 8:05:21 AM EDT
[#14]
So, how is the SD-9 race looking?

That's Gill vs Jones.

We REALLY need to knock Jones out ASAP.
He seems to be taking his win for granted, still pushing "Gun Control" at every opportunity and the media are lapping it up.
Even from way up here I know he's using the issue to circumvent campaign finance laws and get free media time.

Anyone have a local update on events, who has the most yard signs, campaign volunteers reaching out to them, etc?

Link Posted: 5/14/2014 1:00:35 AM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So, how is the SD-9 race looking?

That's Gill vs Jones.

We REALLY need to knock Jones out ASAP.
He seems to be taking his win for granted, still pushing "Gun Control" at every opportunity and the media are lapping it up.
Even from way up here I know he's using the issue to circumvent campaign finance laws and get free media time.

Anyone have a local update on events, who has the most yard signs, campaign volunteers reaching out to them, etc?

View Quote

I've seen a few large Gill signs around the neighborhood, haven't seen any yard signs as of yet. Just a Harris one down the road from me. I'll look into it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2014 5:47:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Update:

Drove up and down blue diamond and ft. apache and saw a few Gill signs and everything but Jones signs, not a single one.

I'm assuming they are dumping all of their cash flow into social media as my Facebook was getting assaulted with his bullshit for a while.
Link Posted: 5/21/2014 9:19:26 AM EDT
[#17]
Early voting begins on Saturday.

Everyone needs to get involved NOW!

Much easier to select the best candidate and stop the worst in the primary election.
Really sucks if the general election becomes another round of choosing between two lousy candidates with no real difference between them beyond D and R.

Last chance to grab bumper stickers and yard signs before the primary election.
Link Posted: 6/10/2014 9:09:24 PM EDT
[#18]
Not looking great for Vick.

Last I looked he was trailing but he might still pull it out since only a little over 50% of precincts had been tallied.

I remember past races where the media wanted to call the race by now but when ALL the votes were counted the early "Loser" actually WON!
Remember, the more rural the vote the later the result will be counted.
So the big city union heavy areas get counted first and loudly, in a hope that the candidate with rural support will succumb to pressure and concede early.

Clark county voter participation was low at only 14%!
Would not have taken a whole lot more focused participation to change the outcome.

2014 Primary Election Clark
Active Registered Voters775,950  
Election Day Turnout 33,856 (4.36%)  
Early Turnout 61,774 (7.96%)  
Absentee Turnout14,382 (1.85%)  
Total Turnout110,012 (14.17%)  

Up here in Douglas we had about 33% turnout and good guy Jim Wheeler won his assembly seat 63% to 37% despite all the LV money (WAY outside the district!) his opponent used to outspend him.
Proving that money CAN be overcome by grass-roots effort.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top