Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2014 10:43:19 AM EDT
I have to call on Monday to see if I've been selected.
Luckily my work will pay me if I am called up so I guess it will be a change of pace.
I'll pick up a paperback book or two, catch up on my reading

Dave
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 10:55:39 AM EDT
[#1]
Or if you were a less reputable person in Clark County, you could ignore the first notice (they will send a second), then actually call for the second notice. Since you kept the same number from the first notice, the group your in will have been called and your obligation is met. Of course, I would never do such a thing, just heard of it.....
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 2:35:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, I would really liked to be picked again.  Jury duty is what you make of it.

You soon realize how bad you think your personal life is sometimes.  You not even close to getting the gold medal.

My last one was a  Federal Court  murder trail years ago.  

Short story.. I  was picked ,  heard statements with jury. Judge dismisses us for lunch.  Looks like it was going to be interesting 4 to 5 days .  Come back from lunch and the lawyers went to settlement.  Guy plead .  Trail ended .  Jury dismissed.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 3:26:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Actually, I would really liked to be picked again.  Jury duty is what you make of it.

You soon realize how bad you think your personal life is sometimes.  You not even close to getting the gold medal.

Short story.. I  was picked ,  heard statements with jury. Judge dismisses us for lunch.  Looks like it was going to be interesting 4 to 5 days .  Come back from lunch and the lawyers went to settlement.  Guy plead .  Trail ended .  Jury dismissed.
View Quote

My issue is that I work 3 jobs and don't get jury pay from any of them. I went my very first time, tried to get a hardship exemption, and the judge laughed at me. 6 days of lost pay later, guy plead out right before it went to us. Never again.
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 4:53:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 8:19:22 AM EDT
[#5]
I used to live in Fernley and I had been called for Jury Duty at least 20 times in about 20 years. One of the last times I had two county summons in one week and a Federal one in the same week. I called the county and asked which one was more important and they said the Federal. I had just started a new job after a short slow down in Construction and the Federal excused me.
A few months later the county sent me another summons for Jury Duty.
Long story short I sent a letter to the Judge telling him how many times I had been called for Jury Duty and since I must be the last Honest Citizen in Lyon County I didn't feel safe to travel to the Court House to serve as a Jury member.
I was excused and never received another one since.
Link Posted: 3/30/2014 10:21:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Ha ha, I used to get a Jury notice every years or so, duly reported as requested but never served as every case settled before trial.
Have never gotten another after filing a formal complaint against an abusive dick-head cop.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#7]
In Lincoln county you are "Randomly" selected to the jury pool on a yearly basis. I've been in the jury pool for the last 6 consecutive years.  I've been summoned 12 or more times. All were vacated or pled out before trial except for two. The two I had to show up for I did not end up on the jury but I did miss work both times. Fortunately my company pays me for the missed work.
Link Posted: 3/31/2014 10:07:57 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

My issue is that I work 3 jobs and don't get jury pay from any of them. I went my very first time, tried to get a hardship exemption, and the judge laughed at me. 6 days of lost pay later, guy plead out right before it went to us. Never again.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is not cool then. You should have been exempt.  

Link Posted: 3/31/2014 5:21:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Well I called the number and the pre recorded message said all perspective jurors for my reporting date 04/01/14 have been excused. Though I kind of wanted to go, I'm glad I was excused.

Dave
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 12:09:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Well I called the number and the pre recorded message said all perspective jurors for my reporting date 04/01/14 have been excused. Though I kind of wanted to go, I'm glad I was excused.

Dave
View Quote

Hey at least you can complain when a guilty guy gets let off by a jury.  Not sure that any of the guys that weaseled out have any ability to complain considering most of the "smart" people didn't show.
Link Posted: 4/10/2014 1:39:03 PM EDT
[#11]
I have lived in washoe county for 6 years and have never gotten one.  I would love to go spend a week down at the court house.  How can I sign up?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top