Did they even make a comment?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
2 NFA lowers and shipping: $270
Bonus lower from NFA: $Free$
Transfer 3 lowers at USFA:  $150 (not joking)
Making USFA log the lowers into their books:  Priceless

Nothing.  Debbie thanked me for coming in.  The guy that did the transfer took his dear sweet time, and seemed to be borderline illiterate, so I was forcibly subjected to the inane musings of a salesman attempting to ply mid-grade optics to an equally clueless customer.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 6:13:31 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think only their attorney is capable of that.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 8:42:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

that is rather hilarious.

that transfer fee is nothing short of exorbitant.

Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:02:14 AM EDT
[#4]
It's really exorberent, especially when you consider there was no Brady due to my CCW.  I don't see how blatantly overcharging helps them in this matter, but that is the route they chose to take.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 9:12:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Well now my tracking says available for pickup  Do the retards at the Post Office not know that it's a lower receiver?
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 10:10:53 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That, and it's not Monday.  She only talks on Mondays.
Link Posted: 3/7/2014 11:20:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I remember when they were really friendly to ARR members and charged $20/transfer.

I'm still jealous if those with billet lowers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:38:56 AM EDT
[#8]
We got seven more NFA deliveries yesterday.

I think the post office didn't send them with our regular carrier on Thursday because they came at a different time and we missed it.

They are here now and ready for pickup.  I have emailed or texted everyone to let them know.

If you haven't heard from me and your lower was sent to Timber Outdoors in Reno, please reach out to me.

Steve
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 6:42:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I think the post office didn't send them with our regular carrier on Thursday because they came at a different time and we missed it.

They are here now and ready for pickup.  I have emailed or texted everyone to let them know.

If you haven't heard from me and your lower was sent to Timber Outdoors in Reno, please reach out to me.

Steve
View Quote

I called and emailed yesterday and never heard back. Going to be in CCW till noon today but am free afterwards.
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 7:16:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I called and emailed yesterday and never heard back. Going to be in CCW till noon today but am free afterwards.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Steve

Sorry for any delay - I emailed you first this morning.  Unfortunately, I am tied to a 50-60+ hour a week day job and sometimes need to get back to people the next day.

I will be happy to work around your schedule this weekend to make sure you get taken care of.

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 4:28:19 PM EDT
[#11]
PIcked it up and it looks great!  Thanks NFA and Timber Outdoors!
Link Posted: 3/8/2014 8:33:58 PM EDT
[#12]
I picked up my lower today from Timber Outdoors and it is awesome!  I used a Daniel Defense LPK and a Noveske 10.5in VLTOR VIS upper with switchblock. They forgot to attach the flash hider, but it will be an AAC Blackout 51T.  The pistol buffer tube is by KAK industry and designed specifically for the Sig Arm Brace.  The brace should arrive on Monday or Tuesday.    

Link Posted: 3/9/2014 11:37:00 AM EDT
[#13]
To all of you who came by my place today to pick up your lowers. Was great meeting you and thanks
For the great conversations.    My offer for the $1 transfers still stands for these lowers. Just send me an IM.
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 1:12:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Picked mine up this morning, fantastic lowers.  Thanks again for the $1 transfer
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
To all of you who came by my place today to pick up your lowers. Was great meeting you and thanks
For the great conversations.    My offer for the $1 transfers still stands for these lowers. Just send me an IM.
View Quote

Shit I would have much rather wasted your time than Rigmaroles He didnt deserve having to deal with me but with you I have no pity
Link Posted: 3/9/2014 1:26:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Shit I would have much rather wasted your time than Rigmaroles He didnt deserve having to deal with me but with you I have no pity
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I feel so lucky!
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

Thanks much! Really appreciated it and meeting you was cool!
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 5:45:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Had a busy weekend, would of posted sooner

Pretty nice lower NFA!!
Should have the Guido-Gun finnished by the NN shoot on the 29th....custom paint and all.

Hey Guido,
Do you have serial # BB-0195 in stock? (Requested by a fellow racer/friend of mine)
I realize the "custom" #'s are over, but its a low number and you might have it anyway??
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 6:09:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Picked mine up from Timber Outdoors on Saturday.  Lower looks fantastic.  Thanks a lot, NFA and Steve ($1 transfers for us northies was a very generous offer from both Timber Outdoors and Jimlostt).

I got impatient on my 'slow' build and bought a Northtech Defense upper and some Battle Arms enhanced pins last night.  I have no impulse control.

Thanks again, guys.
Link Posted: 3/10/2014 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#20]
Picked up my two today and I CAN'T believe the quality for the FUCKING price!

How do you do it, Guido? Really, how did you pull this off?

All I can say is: OUT. FUCKING. STANDING!

Of course, Guido wasn't there. They said he was putting out fires. I guess he was doing his other gig at the Fire Department when I got there.

Nonetheless, I will be assembling one of the lowers tonight and I'll post the results.

To Guido, Cliff (BTW Cliff, it was good to see you again, Bro!) and all the staff at NFA...

Link Posted: 3/11/2014 10:35:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 7:06:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Any updates on when the new stripped NFA billet uppers will be available?  I need a matching upper for my lower and I'd prefer the non-side charging version.
Link Posted: 3/12/2014 10:06:48 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Any updates on when the new stripped NFA billet uppers will be available?  I need a matching upper for my lower and I'd prefer the non-side charging version.
View Quote

I put a SunDevil Billet upper on the NFA Billet Lower that I assembled the other night and it fit perfectly.

EVERYTHING I assembled the NFA Lower with went in perfectly.

YMMV
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 7:20:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Hey guys. Just browsing the AIM industry forum and they have a coupon code that gets you a Midwest Industries Billet upper for 109 shipped. Seems like a great deal and the msrp is 170 so I think I am going to pull the trigger. I am not going to post the code but at the top of their industry forum there is a pinned thread for coupons.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#25]
My Northtech Defense bling bling upper fits pretty well.  The lines aren't perfect, but not bad either.

Link Posted: 3/13/2014 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

I vote for after all the lowers get shipped.  I'm still waiting for the call.  
Link Posted: 3/13/2014 8:04:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 7:54:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Interesting, any price or pictures of the non reciprocating side charger?

Also, what do I do with the screw that goes in the the detent pin hole? Do I put the pin and spring in it then the screw?
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 8:13:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Also, what do I do with the screw that goes in the the detent pin hole? Do I put the pin and spring in it then the screw?
View Quote

yeah pin and spring then screw, I've seen many do this mod to lowers and they also have to shorten the spring a little dunno if that's needed on these
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

yeah pin and spring then screw, I've seen many do this mod to lowers and they also have to shorten the spring a little dunno if that's needed on these
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I assembled one of the NFA lowers the other night.

I didn't have to modify the spring at all. I just installed the spring, bolt catch buffer and bolt catch. I put a little Blue Loctite on the threads on the end of the pin and it was done.

I also installed Battle Arms Development's Enhanced Pivot Pin (EPP) and Enhanced Takedown Pin (ETP) and the BAD-CASS 45* Short Throw Ambi Safety Selector.

The 'half moon' cut in the side of the NFA lower made the 45* selector a breeze, because, I didn't have to file down the "Lawyer Nub" on the selector.

It was a VERY east assembly.

NFA really hit it out of the park with this one!

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 2:04:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I didn't have to modify the spring at all. I just installed the spring, bolt catch buffer and bolt catch. I put a little Blue Loctite on the threads on the end of the pin and it was done.

I also installed Battle Arms Development's Enhanced Pivot Pin (EPP) and Enhanced Takedown Pin (ETP) and the BAD-CASS 45* Short Throw Ambi Safety Selector.

The 'half moon' cut in the side of the NFA lower made the 45* selector a breeze, because, I didn't have to file down the "Lawyer Nub" on the selector.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that's why I want a matching upper from them.  I know their machinist will do it well or won't do it at all.  I can wait.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2014 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yep, I noticed that when I picked mine up, and commented appreciatively.

Now, I'm pretty practiced and good at removing the "lawyer nub", but it's nice to not have to.

Link Posted: 3/14/2014 8:08:10 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Now, I'm pretty practiced and good at removing the "lawyer nub", but it's nice to not have to.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me too!

Although I have the 'Lawyer Nub" down to a science, I don't have to dig out my file with the NFA lowers.

Link Posted: 3/16/2014 7:49:30 PM EDT
[#34]
Ugh.  Just got an email reponse from NFA.  My overdue stripped lower had a blem that couldn't be repaired.  A new one had to be made and is to be put in with the next batch of anodizing.

At least I got to fondle a couple in Maccabee's in Reno this weekend.  They look to be worth the wait.

Sorry to complain.  Just frustrated and eager to get my lower.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 5:19:17 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Ugh.  Just got an email reponse from NFA.  My overdue stripped lower had a blem that couldn't be repaired.  A new one had to be made and is to be put in with the next batch of anodizing.

At least I got to fondle a couple in Maccabee's in Reno this weekend.  They look to be worth the wait.

Sorry to complain.  Just frustrated and eager to get my lower.
View Quote

The good thing is they proactively caught it and are fixing it instead of shipping you a blem, waiting for you to do the transfer, catch the blem, deal with the hassle of returning it, and then wait for a replacement, all the while being disappointed with your purchase.  Outstanding customer service.
Link Posted: 3/17/2014 10:41:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

The good thing is they proactively caught it and are fixing it instead of shipping you a blem, waiting for you to do the transfer, catch the blem, deal with the hassle of returning it, and then wait for a replacement, all the while being disappointed with your purchase.  Outstanding customer service.
View Quote

I agree. It wasn't a dig at NFA.

They've been very responsive to all my correspondence. Very helpful.

Link Posted: 3/17/2014 1:15:36 PM EDT
[#37]
I just wish I could get down to the LGS before they close one day and pick mine up.  It looks like i'm going ot have to take some vacation time to get it done but i'm sure it will be worth it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2014 7:38:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Pinned my first 14.5 barrel over the weekend....fun!....not.
Did the custom flames, stars and sparkle paint job today.....lol.  not quite
Assemble tomorrow, then pics
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 11:14:17 AM EDT
[#39]
Go to pic thread at the top of the forum for the rest......

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:24:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Any more info on the Billet uppers? I looked in HTF, industry and NFA site....
Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#41]

Link Posted: 3/19/2014 5:46:43 PM EDT
[#42]

You are running my favorite drop in trigger...

Link Posted: 3/28/2014 6:23:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Still waiting.

I've gathered all the parts for a 300 blackout build.

Hoping for some good news soon.
Link Posted: 3/28/2014 8:29:16 PM EDT
[#44]
I picked one up from Maccabee Arms.  Nice.  Gonna do a 300 AAC Blackout as well with it.
will be awhile though.  In the middle of building another one right now.
Any chance that you will make them in Burnt Bronze or FDE?
Thanks New Frontier Armory!
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 3:54:34 PM EDT
[#45]
I am just bummed out that the second run of the lowers do not have the NV battle born roll mark...

Nice lowers though....
Link Posted: 3/29/2014 7:50:12 PM EDT
[#46]
I got mine. Wow, these are nice lowers.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#47]
I might get my CCW first. They were submitted on the same day.

It's a race.
Link Posted: 4/2/2014 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

It's a race.
View Quote
How long have you been waiting for your lower?

Link Posted: 4/2/2014 9:57:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's a race.

I got in on January 29.

NFA office manager said it would be back from anodize this week.

Hopeful to get it sometime next week.
Link Posted: 4/3/2014 8:58:31 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top