Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2017 12:12:10 AM EDT
Does anyone know if there is any 3 gun action in Wisconsin. I would very much enjoy trying my hands at this.

I keep looking but not with any luck.

Getting to the point to where  I am considering building a dynamic range on my property (if I could ever afford that).
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 12:48:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know where your at in WI, but Ft. McCoy occasionally hosts 3 gun matches:

https://mccoy.armymwr.com/programs/sportsmans-range

Looks like four left this year...
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 3:37:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Wisconsinshooters.com
Their calendar shows 4 different 3-gun matches this month
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 7:00:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wisconsinshooters.com
Their calendar shows 4 different 3-gun matches this month
View Quote
You can also get on the 3 gun email list on wisconsinshooters.com to let you know when a match is coming up.
Link Posted: 7/3/2017 10:13:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Ripon has one 3 gun match a month I think. Along with idpa, uspsa etc.  I think they even have a long range match (600yd)

Great group of guys for the most part. I can only speak for the idpa group/matches and they are outstanding! Usually idpa stages are on par with state level stages. Lots of fun and everyone is very helpful etc. there are always a handful of new shooters every match!
  Message me if you want more info on idpa matches.
Link Posted: 7/6/2017 4:05:48 AM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate all the responses guys.

The help is appreciated. While I was working in Georgia We did some shooting and moving tournaments (non sanctioned put on buy the local range), but they were a riot, and the group was fun. no three gun though. one week would be tactical carbines, the next week carbine and pistol, sometimes just pistol. Anyways you get the drift, but since then it has made the standing still and shoot the one target standard range time not as awesome (still fun and necessary, but not the same).

Hopefully I will return home soon and be able to give the three gun a shot. I will probably suck it up a bit at first but it will be fun sucking it up LOL.

Thanks Guys
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 12:18:13 AM EDT
[#6]
If you build it, we will come.
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
If you build it, we will come.
View Quote
same thing my old man told me.

it would definitely give a new face to gun weekends.

been browsing targets lately (steel, dueling trees, plate racks, etc). that stuff can wrap up some money quick.
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#8]
At Ripon, there's a USPSA match this Saturday, and a 3-gun match Sunday
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 5:02:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Would love to come to the Ripon 3 gun. unfortunately, i have been delayed another week, and will likely not be back home until around the 12th.

do they get a pretty good crowd there?

are they okay with some noob posting some crappy times? lol
Link Posted: 8/3/2017 6:15:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Would love to come to the Ripon 3 gun. unfortunately, i have been delayed another week, and will likely not be back home until around the 12th.

do they get a pretty good crowd there?

are they okay with some noob posting some crappy times? lol
View Quote
Just be honest about being new, and ask questions.  Most everyone will help you out.
Be safe and have fun, nobody cares about your score when you are new.
Link Posted: 9/5/2017 12:20:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

same thing my old man told me.

it would definitely give a new face to gun weekends.

been browsing targets lately (steel, dueling trees, plate racks, etc). that stuff can wrap up some money quick.
View Quote
If you're seriously considering building a club for action shooting, but the price of targets is what's holding you back, I may be able to help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top