Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2017 11:41:02 PM EDT
We returned  home from visiting the grand kids to find a big old willow tree blocking the driveway.  The tree covers about 20ft across, 15 ft deep and about 12 feet high.  I will get the chain saw out in the morning and have at it.   I will try and post some pics latter tomorrow.  .
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:25:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Remarkably no.  I thought the wind would blow down a tree or two or at least knock over a potted plant, but it didn't.  

Came across a couple of dead birds while walking the dog this morning.  I'm assuming they got blown out of their nest.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 4:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Some trees down in Price County.
3.6 inches of rain in Prentice.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 8:31:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Well It took me 6 hrs to clear the drive way.  It is not clean but it is passable.   I used an electric pole saw to cut the branches off then attack the trunk with the chain saw.
Link Posted: 6/13/2017 9:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
My grill was blown over the other day.
Just set up to smoke some ribs, storm came up and when it was over the grill was about 10 feet from where it was.
Set me back some, but ribs turned out ok.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 7:56:10 AM EDT
[#5]
On Sunday, I lost 2 trees, a small pine and an even smaller ash. Both fell back in the woods out of the way. Cant even see them from the house, wife saw them when walking the dog. Also knocked over a dead birch (thank you). Wind gusted to about 60mph, first from one direction, then shifted directions 180 degrees.

A friend, about a mile away to the west, lost 7 big white pines, each about 60' tall. 4 were blown down to east from a west wind. 50 yds north of those, 3 were blown down to the west from an east wind. Another friend, a mile away also, but in the other direction (east), had 4 trees across his driveway.... down west to east. His dad, 1/4 mile way, lost 5, down east to west. There was some nasty wind shear or rotation going on.  

State Hwy 17 between Eagle River & Phelps has been closed since Sunday afternoon. It's under several feet of water. About 5" rain fell here Sunday, and the ground was already water logged. Several other side roads are closed around the area from culvert wash outs. Glad I live on a hill. I lived on an island for about 3 hours Sunday night.
Link Posted: 6/14/2017 5:56:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Couple medium sized trees down and misc stuff blown over. Passed quickly and I was out there sawing right away. Nothing major. No pics.
Link Posted: 7/21/2017 10:33:13 AM EDT
[#7]
A month late to the discussion..

We lost some of our OSB from the roof and the shingles with it. Storm also took down half of our mega maple tree out front

5 weeks later and only have one estimate to replace the roof, anyone know of a roofer who services the Mayville area?

Link Posted: 7/21/2017 12:54:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't know any roofers.  How big are the log ends setting in the picture?   I could use a tomahawk target.
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 2:19:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don't know any roofers.  How big are the log ends setting in the picture?   I could use a tomahawk target.
View Quote
Where you located? I have a couple of these...

Swing by and I can set one in a truck or on a trailer with the tractor.

Link Posted: 7/23/2017 9:28:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I will swing by today.  I live on the other side of Mayville
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Great meeting you Grizz!
Link Posted: 7/23/2017 8:58:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Same to you Jacobsk.  It was great talking to you today. Thanks for the targets.  They will work great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top