Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2017 11:35:45 AM EDT
Hi everyone,

I'm in the Madison area and was wondering if someone had a 308 Winchester No Go Gauge I could borrow to check head space on my first 308 build. I normally wouldn't check for a .223/5.56 build, but with this being my first 308 I want to be sure it's safe before firing.

Depending on location I would be able to come pick it up and bring it back, or meet up and ship it back (with tracking) on my dime, of course. I have looked at buying one and they seem to be out of stock at all my usual places (brownells, midway, primary arms, amazon). The ones I found in-stock were pretty spendy for a one-off test.

I suppose I could also get my bolt prepared in advance and bring the upper and we could just check it on the spot, but doing it at home where I have a bench and vice would be my preference.

Hope to hear from someone! Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:10:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi everyone,

I'm in the Madison area and was wondering if someone had a 308 Winchester No Go Gauge I could borrow to check head space on my first 308 build. I normally wouldn't check for a .223/5.56 build, but with this being my first 308 I want to be sure it's safe before firing.

Depending on location I would be able to come pick it up and bring it back, or meet up and ship it back (with tracking) on my dime, of course. I have looked at buying one and they seem to be out of stock at all my usual places (brownells, midway, primary arms, amazon). The ones I found in-stock were pretty spendy for a one-off test.

I suppose I could also get my bolt prepared in advance and bring the upper and we could just check it on the spot, but doing it at home where I have a bench and vice would be my preference.

Hope to hear from someone! Thanks.
View Quote

Let me poke around in the garage.  I might have one from when I did my 308 bolt gun build a couple years ago.  I live in Sauk City, so 20-30 minutes out.
Link Posted: 5/3/2017 12:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a set.  I loaned them out.  I can't remember if I've got them back, I'll poke around and see.
Link Posted: 5/5/2017 9:53:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Kaldor,

In the name of not exposing my exact location to the internet i'll just say i'm close by! If you end up finding that please let me know and i'll get in touch with you privately. Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/6/2017 7:52:57 AM EDT
[#4]
I have a field gauge somewhere...I'll look.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 5/23/2017 3:38:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kaldor,

In the name of not exposing my exact location to the internet i'll just say i'm close by! If you end up finding that please let me know and i'll get in touch with you privately. Thank you!
View Quote
Sorry, missed this one, dont frequent these forums much

I found my Go gauge, no idea where the no Go is.

Ill shoot you a PM with my cell #
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 5:10:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Found my 7.62 field gauge.

V
OUT
Link Posted: 7/14/2017 7:59:40 PM EDT
[#7]
i've got a set. but i'm rarely on arfcom anymore
best way would be to email me
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top