Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2017 1:19:02 PM EDT
Live around waupun fond du lac area. Have called numerous landscapers and out of the 5/7 we called 2 guys showed up and gave us a quote!
  I need my retaining wall fixed. It's kind of a big job.  First quote was for just over 10k. second guy said  he would do large stones staggered instead of a traditional wall. Said it would be cheaper. His quote was also 10k.  I don't have dimensions but I'd like to find a guy or outfit that can do it for under 10k.
    Any recommendations?
Thanks for your time!
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Without dimensions hard to tell if you are getting a good quote. Had my walkout basement walls replaced last year for about 10k. Two walls 30' long stepping down from 8' to about 3'.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:34:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Without dimensions hard to tell if you are getting a good quote. Had my walkout basement walls replaced last year for about 10k. Two walls 30' long stepping down from 8' to about 3'.
View Quote
Thanks for the reply sounds about the same size.  Anychance you have a pic you could post or email me? Just for ideas
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 11:04:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Just looked and I don't have a picture on my phone anymore. I'll try to take one tomorrow and figure out how to post
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 6:51:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Can't get a picture to post
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 6:43:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Can't get a picture to post
View Quote
I'll message you my email if you wouldn't mind sending?
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:57:22 PM EDT
[#6]
When my front yard retaining wall fell over, I had in mind replacing it with the same thing, poured concrete, so I called concrete guys that could do retaining walls.

What I would up doing though, was having one of the contractors build one from those extra large retaining wall blocks from menards. They are usually special order. About 6" thick and about 14-16" wide. Looks a LOT better than concrete. This is a 4' high wall, taller than the old one, but give me a more level surface for mowing.

I've used the smaller stones to build retaining walls in my backyard. Not difficult, had the stones delivered. Hardest part was removing the old wall, hired someone with a bobcat to remove it.
Link Posted: 4/30/2017 11:27:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Sent you an email.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top