Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2017 11:04:47 AM EDT
I just moved to the Oconto area and I'm looking for a rifle range any recommendations?
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 8:33:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Nicolet Rifle Range in Suamico is $50 per year and it is divided into 3 functional ranges.  7 yards, 25/50 yards and 100/200 yards.   As soon as Oconto County gets around to rebuilding it the public range near Morgan is alright for shorter ranges.  It has been closed for a couple of years for rebuilding.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:29:55 PM EDT
[#2]
I haven't drove by there in awhile did they restart working on it yet
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 6:11:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Brink says for the past two weeks, Oconto County Highway crews have been busy sculpting the framework for a new shooting range.

"It was facing east to west. You shot to the east. There were houses a quarter mile away, to the east"....."We're not here 24-7, so it will be a live feed on the internet" The range will be open four days a week. Volunteers and staff will be there to supervise...As of now, the range is scheduled to reopen in the fall.
View Quote

http://wtaq.com/news/articles/2017/apr/27/shooting-range-due-to-re-open/
Link Posted: 8/2/2017 7:02:15 PM EDT
[#4]
only thing missing is the benches and targets range part is finished drove by a few weeks ago
Link Posted: 9/10/2017 12:28:37 PM EDT
[#5]
wonder whats taking so long to open they did all the work but still not open
Link Posted: 10/8/2017 4:15:45 PM EDT
[#6]
stoped by after hunting yesterday theres a pay box there and a roofed message board but still no shooting benches or targets why do they seem to be dragging there feet
Link Posted: 10/10/2017 8:53:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
stoped by after hunting yesterday theres a pay box there and a roofed message board but still no shooting benches or targets why do they seem to be dragging there feet
View Quote
Because the county board has a hard time understanding the Machickanee forest is an untapped resource.
Link Posted: 10/29/2017 6:14:27 PM EDT
[#8]
its now open but at 10 bucks me being from brown county not Oconto I get to pay more there only open 8 to 4 thru fri sat 8 to 2 on sunday closed from jan till march
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:06:39 AM EDT
[#9]
$10 per day?  Per person or per family?  What Goofballs Oconto County is.....    They must not have been sharp enough to get a NRA range grant.    
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 3:53:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
$10 per day?  Per person or per family?  What Goofballs Oconto County is.....    They must not have been sharp enough to get a NRA range grant.    
View Quote
LOL I've known that for a loooooong time. When their old forester Bob quit/relieved or whatever the deal was I thought just maybe it would get better...WRONG! My dealings with those Fudds were firsthand not just hearsay. I have zero regrets retiring and moving to the next county North with plenty of space to shoot, hunt, or whatever. Those jokers will continue to shoot their foot till it falls off  

ETA: At least John Dugan can enjoy his campfire without constant fear of some tard launching a .30 over the berm...and it's about time!
Link Posted: 10/30/2017 6:55:23 PM EDT
[#11]
[if you live in Oconto county its 5 a day per person if not its 10 a day per person
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top