Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/19/2017 1:06:42 PM EDT
Just drove past the range on HWY 10 19 between Windsor and Waunakee.

They have a sign out that says "Open to the public Saturdays & Sundays".  Seems they are opening that place up to the public more and more.  I've never been there, but tempted to check it out if it's worth the time.  

Anyone who's ever shot there....A nice facility?  Bring the kids, or no?  Is it Fudd oriented complete with jackbooted Nazi Range Officers?....Basically will I get the stink eye if I pull out an AR and will the RO stand over my shoulder to make sure I load one round at a time or pull out a stopwatch to time my shot frequency?
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 4:56:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Do you mean Hwy 19?

There isn't a whole lot of information about it out there. I haven't heard of anybody from the public using it.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 5:40:39 PM EDT
[#2]
They have been putting out that sign for at least a year maybe.
Probably worth checking out if your other local option is the Gander Mountain range.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 1:56:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Really nice place. No real ROs when I've been there, just 2 deputies that check people in. They just drive around at closing time. The deputy did have a fun time when I let him shoot my garand though.
Link Posted: 4/20/2017 6:05:23 AM EDT
[#4]
It's a real nice range, out to 100 yards. Separate rifle and hand gun ranges. They open more ranges as they get busier. No interference from range masters, just be a good neighbor and clean up your brass. Cost is $10.00 per visit. Alot more civilized than Yellowstone on a weekend and less crowded too.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 9:58:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Info.  Last year's press release, but I don't think anything has changed.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:00:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you shoot a .22 prone at 25 yards there?
I'm still kinda looking for a range that will allow me to do that.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 6:17:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Standing, prone, on one leg with one arm tied behind you back, Yes
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:28:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Its a great range that is run by great people.
Link Posted: 5/4/2017 1:21:38 AM EDT
[#9]
too funny!
I was just looking at the DNR list of ranges today and saw that.  I called the number and they said they're open to the public on Saturdays and Sundays it's $10 per person but they don't give you a time limit so I think it's all day I remember correctly it was 9 to 4 .
I'm going there either Saturday or Sunday with a friend does anybody else like to join we can carpool I live in Milwaukee west allis area
I'm also bringing a small 22 dueling tree

anyone want to go?
alex 4147790080
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top