Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2017 4:58:06 PM EDT
Just checking if anybody else is going.

I'll be there tomorrow. I honestly rarely buy anything or listen to many of the speakers, I just enjoy going because to me it's a sign that Spring is here and Turkey season is around the corner.
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 7:30:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I've never been to one. What goes on there besides speakers and trophy mounts?
Link Posted: 3/30/2017 8:58:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Just checking if anybody else is going.

I'll be there tomorrow. I honestly rarely buy anything or listen to many of the speakers, I just enjoy going because to me it's a sign that Spring is here and Turkey season is around the corner.
View Quote

Took a trip up to Minocqua and back today...really seeing the turkeys and deer looks like a bumper crop made it through the winter...
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:17:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've never been to one. What goes on there besides speakers and trophy mounts?
View Quote
A ton of outdoor businesses sell things in the main room. It's basically a giant outdoor bazaar.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 5:57:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

A ton of outdoor businesses sell things in the main room. It's basically a giant outdoor bazaar.
View Quote
Vortex will likely be there with all their offerings nice chance to get a good look at the new stuff...
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:09:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Vortex will likely be there with all their offerings nice chance to get a good look at the new stuff...
View Quote
Yup, saw their booth. Very impressed with their lineup. Their diamondback line is much clearer than I expected. I think my next upper will have one of their optics on it.

Also handled their $1200 binos.

I love seeing a Wisconsin based company do so well.
Link Posted: 4/2/2017 11:39:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I used to go every year...I don't go anymore.

After paying for parking, and entry, any 'deal' you may find there is quickly negated and I rarely found anything I couldn't get online.  Typically it's 3/4's destination hunt guides...which if that's what you're looking for that's great, but it's not what I'm looking for.  

Speakers are usually OK, but I rarely see enough of them I want to attend that I want to wait around for them.  

If you've never been to it or you're looking for a guide/destination hunt, it's probably worth a shot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top