User Panel

Link Posted: 3/12/2017 5:54:00 PM EDT
[#1]
When does the sale start?  At 50% off it might be reasonable
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 8:05:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Their parking lot was a great place to meet for buying and selling guns.  

Otherwise, they will not be missed.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 8:17:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Decades ago, when they were a mail-order catalog outfit, and there was no internet (you ordered by telephone), and the only "store" they had was the outlet store in Wilmot, they were to "go-to" place for cool stuff for hunting & fishing...and at decent prices. Cabelas had a similar catalog, and just a single store in Nebraska, and Bass Pro was just beginning their similar catalog/single store operation. That's the Gander Mountain I miss, they were, at most times, the best of those 3 in pricing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 11:27:15 AM EDT
[#5]
The Eau Claire location was doomed from the beginning.  They thought they would be the anchor store for a new retail area and it fizzled.  

Scheel's holds such a powerful place, especially since it is in the mall, that Gander had no chance, especially with their pricing.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:45:55 PM EDT
[#6]
The German town location was a Gun Super store... and the irony... When they have there going out of business sale.... The guns will still be overpriced....
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 9:53:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Decades ago, when they were a mail-order catalog outfit, and there was no internet (you ordered by telephone), and the only "store" they had was the outlet store in Wilmot, they were to "go-to" place for cool stuff for hunting & fishing...and at decent prices. Cabelas had a similar catalog, and just a single store in Nebraska, and Bass Pro was just beginning their similar catalog/single store operation. That's the Gander Mountain I miss, they were, at most times, the best of those 3 in pricing.
View Quote

I grew up in Wilmot and worked at the old Gander mail order warehouse for a time.  I think it's a mail order place selling dolls now.
Link Posted: 3/24/2017 9:13:46 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The Eau Claire location was doomed from the beginning.  They thought they would be the anchor store for a new retail area and it fizzled.  

Scheel's holds such a powerful place, especially since it is in the mall, that Gander had no chance, especially with their pricing.
View Quote
Been in there a few times because I had time to waste & couldn't agree more.

I only went there to see if it sucked as bad as the other Ganders like the one in Forest Lake. It did.

Bought my first shotgun at the Scheels in the mall. When the stock broke the second time I used it they gave me a new one, complete shotgun, without batting an eye. I almost got a DPMS when they had them on sale last time I was there.

Eau Claire needs a good indoor range. The Gander would make a good spot. Not that I am going to hold my breath waiting for the EC city counsel allowing that to happen.
Link Posted: 3/25/2017 10:08:40 PM EDT
[#9]
The only thing "our" GM did was cause the closest gun store to them to raise their prices. So now we have 2 places that suck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top