Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/22/2017 3:01:33 PM EDT
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/assault-weapons-not-protected-second-amendment-federal-appeals-court-rules-n724106?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma

ANNAPOLIS, Md. — Maryland's ban on 45 kinds of assault weapons and its 10-round limit on gun magazines were upheld Tuesday by a federal appeals court in a decision that met with a strongly worded dissent.

In a 10-4 ruling, the 4th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Richmond, Virginia, said the guns banned under Maryland's law aren't protected by the Second Amendment.

"Put simply, we have no power to extend Second Amendment protections to weapons of war," Judge Robert King wrote for the court, adding that the Supreme Court's decision in District of Columbia v. Heller explicitly excluded such coverage.

Maryland Attorney General Brian Frosh, who led the push for the law in 2013 as a state senator, said it's "unthinkable that these weapons of war, weapons that caused the carnage in Newtown and in other communities across the country, would be protected by the Second Amendment."
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 5:36:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Guess that means bolt actions, shotguns, lever guns and any other firearm that ever was used in combat is not protected right?
Link Posted: 2/22/2017 8:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
it is judges who put personal politics above the constitution that are not fit to sit traffic court and are barely intellligent enough to run a fry-a-lator that should be removed from the bench.  unaccountable judges legislating from the bench sicken me.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:57:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I was under the impression that the 2nd was intended to provide a protection for citizens to own weapons of war.  Well, I'm off to dispose of my 1903s, 1917s, mausers, lever guns, trap doors, and muzzle loaders as they were all intended to be weapons of war
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 2:39:30 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
it is judges who put personal politics above the constitution that are not fit to sit traffic court and are barely intellligent enough to run a fry-a-lator that should be removed from the bench.  unaccountable judges legislating from the bench sicken me.
View Quote

There was a joke about the difference between federal judges and God. God knows he's not a federal judge.

It was never funny.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top