Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2017 11:34:18 AM EDT
What happened to all the WASRs as of late? All the regular stores that sold them are completely out; Dunham's, Fleet Farm, even Cabela's doesn't have any used ones in stock. Everyone has NPAPs now, which I don't want.

I know I could just buy one online but the benefit to buying locally, especially with AKs, is the ability to inspect a couple of them before buying. That and my regular transfer FFL is moving at the moment and is out of the game for a while.

Any of you guys seen any on the shelf anywhere in the Southeast part of the State?
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Reportedly  Cugir Romania  had suspended  US Commercial sales in order to focus on Military contracts.  It appears that they are shipping again.  In the absence of a steady supply, retailers such as Dunhams, etc would likely have removed their SKUs from their planned stock.  It looks like the wholesale price has significantly increased for those vendors who are listing them on line so I would not expect to see them locally for a while.
This info was from a Atlantic Firearms representative last year.  
We are not able to obtain WASR rifles directly from the importer and are having to pick them up from secondary sources when we can find them. The importer had told us last year that there would be limited imports of them until 2017 due to the Romanian Arsenal having a military contract .
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 5:33:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/24/2017 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#3]
Yeah, through my hunt for them I found out about the Military contracts they put on top for last year. That's fine I can wait, just so long as they're not finished importing them forever.

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a buddy who might be selling one. Let me know if you want if you want me to ask him and how much OP.
View Quote

After finding out above info I put the spare funds into a credit card instead. The AK can wait so I'm putting it on the back burner for now, thanks for the heads up though!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top