Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/31/2017 9:23:13 AM EDT
From NRA email...

"On Wednesday, February 1, the Assembly State Affairs Committee will hold a public hearing on Assembly Bill 28.  AB 28 would revise current CCW statutes to ensure that when a law-abiding CCW holder renews their license before it expires, the license is valid for five years from the expiration date of the license being renewed.  Currently, when a CCW holder renews their license before it expires, it becomes valid for five years from the date of issuance, rather than the expiration date of the license being renewed."

Not a real big deal, but it should've been like this from the start.
Link Posted: 1/31/2017 10:41:53 PM EDT
[#1]
It's kind of bogus that they send out the renewal letters so early. Mine expires in April, I received the letter in December.
Link Posted: 2/1/2017 10:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw this, and I'm torn.

The premis is solid.  However I don't think we need to waste legislative time/money on this.
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 6:21:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Any legislation that is a benefit for law abiding citizens, I'm all for.  Any news of moving forward with this?
Link Posted: 2/3/2017 11:03:58 PM EDT
[#4]
It would be nice to see the gun free school zone lifted for CCW.
They carved it out for off duty and retired cops last year.

Full control of Madison should get more than quibbling over expiration dates.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top