Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/20/2016 10:29:41 AM EDT
I am finally finishing up my shopping for my 300 blk SBR build and have a question. Maybe I should call Midwest Industries but thought maybe someone else may also know. I have a 9inch barrel and can't decide on hand guard length. I'd prefer to tuck the can in but also want to shoot unsurpressed at times. MI has the SP series to be able to tuck the suppressor/flash can inside. Obviously the 7.25 inch is too short. Next size is 9.25 inch midlength, would that work? Or should I go for the 10.5 inch carbine.

Thanks for anyone's input. I know there is tons of input on this elsewhere but I'd rather have some local guys give me there input. Maybe Troy reads this?
Link Posted: 10/20/2016 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I am finally finishing up my shopping for my 300 blk SBR build and have a question. Maybe I should call Midwest Industries but thought maybe someone else may also know. I have a 9inch barrel and can't decide on hand guard length. I'd prefer to tuck the can in but also want to shoot unsurpressed at times. MI has the SP series to be able to tuck the suppressor/flash can inside. Obviously the 7.25 inch is too short. Next size is 9.25 inch midlength, would that work? Or should I go for the 10.5 inch carbine.

Thanks for anyone's input. I know there is tons of input on this elsewhere but I'd rather have some local guys give me there input. Maybe Troy reads this?
View Quote

With how light the rails are I prefer the longest possible. Partially because I like the look, and also it's nice to have the lights as close to the barrel as possible for minimal shadows.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:59:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Depends on your brake.  I'd say 9.25 will be fine.  If you had a claymore brake, you could do the 10.5
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 9:19:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm thinking a Noveske flash can when not running  supressed.
Link Posted: 10/22/2016 10:18:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Then definately 10.5
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 9:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Unless I am wrong I think I might go with the 9.25 inch option. I will be using a Liberty Mystic X with fixed barrel adapter when suppressed. Un-suppressed either a Kak or Noveske flash can or the claymore brake. My fear with going with a longer rail is difficulties switching from suppressed to un-suppressed. Am I over thinking this?
Link Posted: 10/23/2016 10:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
Your can is thread on, not qd then?  If you have to thread tbings on and off, then you have to go shorter rail so you can get a wrench on the brake.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 6:11:22 AM EDT
[#7]
Yes, can is direct thread. I read you can use a strap wrench to install?
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 7:13:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Its not the can you have to worry about, it's installing/removing the brake.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 9:48:24 PM EDT
[#9]
If I go with a Noveske flamming pig brake with the 9.25 rail there should be approximately 1.5 inches of brake showing. Should I not use a strap wrench to tighten it?

Is it a possibility to leave the fixed barrel adapter on with a thread protector to act as a brake/flash can?

Thanks for your help on this.
Link Posted: 10/24/2016 10:12:38 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm not iverly familiar with the mystics mounting system.

Then again, you could just leave the can on the barrel full time
Link Posted: 10/25/2016 6:00:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Good point! Just would like the option that's all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top