Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2016 2:35:19 PM EDT
Hi all,

I've been up here programming PLC's for BigBeerCo., and will go home in a few weeks to run the WTF Biathlon.

When I return I'd like to bring a few 50's to let some of the folks I work with enjoy a new experience.

Is there anywhere within about an hour to stretch out with a 50BMG?

I'd like a few hundred yards at least, if possible.

Does anyone have any leads/ideas?

I'd be glad to include locals who help facilitate this!

Thanks a bunch.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 7:55:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Hi all,

I've been up here programming PLC's for BigBeerCo., and will go home in a few weeks to run the WTF Biathlon.

When I return I'd like to bring a few 50's to let some of the folks I work with enjoy a new experience.

Is there anywhere within about an hour to stretch out with a 50BMG?

I'd like a few hundred yards at least, if possible.

Does anyone have any leads/ideas?

I'd be glad to include locals who help facilitate this!

Thanks a bunch.  
View Quote

The short answer is No. I used to own an AR-50 and sold it because shooting it at 100 yards sucks.
Link Posted: 10/8/2016 9:21:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Mine collects dust until I can go west of the Mississippi.  

Mike
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:48:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Shiocton is 2 hours for a 500 yard range.  8AM to 4PM from October 1st to March 31st and then 8AM to 7PM the rest of the year. http://shioctonshootingrange.org/
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:54:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Winnequah Gun Club is near Lodi (1.5 hour drive) and has 1200 yards.  The bad news is that the dues are $350 which can be reduced by $120 if you volunteer throughout the year.   They have long range rifle matches which you could attend also.   http://winnequahgunclub.org/programs/long-range/
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 9:45:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Winnequah Gun Club is near Lodi (1.5 hour drive) and has 1200 yards.  The bad news is that the dues are $350 which can be reduced by $120 if you volunteer throughout the year.   They have long range rifle matches which you could attend also.   http://winnequahgunclub.org/programs/long-range/
View Quote

I was told by them that .50 BMG is not allowed but that information was given to me 2 or 3 years ago.
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 11:32:08 AM EDT
[#6]
50bmgs are still a no go.  I don't see that changing
Link Posted: 10/9/2016 12:38:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Shiocton is 2 hours for a 500 yard range.  8AM to 4PM from October 1st to March 31st and then 8AM to 7PM the rest of the year. http://shioctonshootingrange.org/
View Quote

Looks like they're f/a friendly, too.  It's a four hour round trip but may be worth the year membership.

Any advice for hotels in the area?  May be better to go there and plan to spend a weekend vs a one-day-and-back outing.

Mike
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:27:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Any advice for hotels in the area?  May be better to go there and plan to spend a weekend vs a one-day-and-back outing.
View Quote

There is a cheap basic motel in New London about 10 or so miles away.  Appleton is about 25 and Green Bay is about 30 miles away.
Link Posted: 10/10/2016 12:20:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Looks like they're f/a friendly, too.  It's a four hour round trip but may be worth the year membership.

Mike
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mike

Look for lodging in Appleton.

Also, there is a daily membership for only $5/person.
Link Posted: 10/14/2016 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank y'all for the help and advice!  

I think I have a few options now, where before I had none.

Link Posted: 10/15/2016 8:33:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Daniel Boone gun club in Richfield has a 200 yard range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top