Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2016 2:24:36 PM EDT
Police & ambulances are on seen. I will post updates as they are available.

Wife was out with the kids for a bike ride & some neighbors told them law enforcement are asking for people to return to their homes.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
interesting....havent found any news articles yet....any updates?
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 5:53:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes!

Ok let me explain my prior title: Living in rural WI we hear gun shots often just out of town, especially on weekends, today was no exception.

What neighbors reported to us was what turned out to be, fortunately, not related.

Last night two individuals broke into an abandoned nursing home a few blocks from my house. They were chased off by a property care taker whom notified police. The two then proceeded to break into a house near-by, stealing a semi-auto shot-gun & an AR15 as well as some other items. The two were spotted leaving the home & walking down the street.

Polk county dogs were called in to track the suspects. They were apprehended a few blocks away from the house they had stolen them from. It is reported that the B&E of the nursing home was meth related.

This comes only a couple weeks after a gang related shooting involving a meth deal gone bad.
Link Posted: 8/28/2016 9:36:54 PM EDT
[#3]

They'll probably get a slap on the wrist for it also.

What ever happened to that thing where its an additional 10 yrs prison automatically for commiting a crime with a gun?

Link Posted: 8/29/2016 8:04:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They'll probably get a slap on the wrist for it also.
What ever happened to that thing where its an additional 10 yrs prison automatically for commiting a crime with a gun?
View Quote

Our justice system is ineffectual; as evidenced by decades of unchecked crime. This will be no different.
Link Posted: 8/29/2016 11:00:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Wait are you telling me there are more people on this forum from Siren,Wi beside Ernie?
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 12:33:10 AM EDT
[#6]
well damn. meth heads eh.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2016 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#7]
The way it's going, your gonna be able to do whatever you want and not go jail. It's a shame. When did everyone go all soft. I'm only 31 and notice a huge difference in the way kids are treated by their parents. Whose in charge these days. We need more John Wayne.
Link Posted: 9/6/2016 9:48:34 PM EDT
[#8]
I used to work in Siren know a few folks from there....Soo Liner back in the day....nice little town...
Link Posted: 9/17/2016 5:31:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait are you telling me there are more people on this forum from Siren,Wi beside Ernie?
View Quote

We got some land on Clam lake. I hope it wasn't the Pheasant Inn that was robbed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top